PDA

View Full Version : Baby Swap Question...

jokat
01-16-2008, 11:13 PM
For those of you with experience using the baby swap, can you help me visualize exactly how this works? Feel free to use any ride queue you are familiar with, but for my example let's use RRC.

So, say my DH, DD and I get in line. The first CM we come to, we tell them we want to use the baby swap. At what point do my DH and DD "stop" in line? How do I get back to them? Where will the non-rider be waiting with our DD while the other one rides? In the RRC example, does DD see the pre-ride show with Aerosmith at all...does she see the ride vehicles?

Our DD will be turning 3-years-old during our trip. My concern is not only keeping her entertained while the other parent rides but also not having her worry about where mommy or daddy disappeared to. If she saw mommy get into the ride vehicle on RRC and zip off, I think it might just freak her out!

Any descriptions you can give me of your experiences might help put my mind at ease. If I have to come to terms with no thrill rides for this trip, I can do that. But if there's a way to ride a few favorites using Baby Swap without causing issues for DD, that would be very cool! :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance!

kakn7294
01-17-2008, 02:22 AM
With RnRC, baby swap is done with a FastPass given to you by the CM at the entrance when you tell him/her that you want to swap. The first rider(s) ride while the second waits with the little one somewhere outside the attraction or in the gift shop at the exit (it's air conditioned in there but very busy!). When the first exits, the second and up to 2 other people can then enter immediately on the FastPass. I believe that this is the same procedure for Space Mountain. Several other attractions have the entire party wait in line together and then split up at the point of entry to the ride - ToT has been like that in the past as has Star Tours. Your best bet is to ask the CM at the entrance how to go about baby swapping for each attraction that you wish to use it.

Kidsmom
01-17-2008, 07:51 AM
As the previous stated an accurate way of baby swap working. Tot for us it was right at the entry of the ride. Everything else for us was waiting at the beginning of FastPass.

The problem with this is that some rides were 40 minutes for each parent (the fast pass line was 30 minutes) It can be time consuming.

I wish they would allow the second parent automatic admission to the front of the line on all rides.

But at least they do have the baby swap.

robemcdo
01-17-2008, 11:08 AM
The baby swap makes on person go through the Standby line and then other person goes through the fast pass line. As mentioned previously, you could end up with some pretty serious waiting as some fastpass lines take up to 1/2 an hour (Testtrack, even Space Mtn).

Use your fastpasses on the thrill rides, most of the rides that your youngster will ride don't offer fastpasses. That way, you will both go thru the fastpass line, which is much faster.

An option is to get one fastpass and ask the person at the fastpass return for a swap pass. That saves you a fastpass. They might not give you one, instead directing you to the standby line.

Dyanna
01-17-2008, 11:41 AM
ToT we got the rider swap pass right at the entrance gate. DH went with the 2 kids while I sat with the baby on the benches outside the gift shop/exit. Then I took the 2 kids back on the ride when DH sat & took care of the baby. We have had no problem with this service at all. Found it quite convenient for all of us. At no time for any ride did we have to wait all together in a line & then split up.