PDA

View Full Version : To Purchase or Not Purchase???

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-16-2008, 11:09 PM
I am trying to decide if we want to pre-order the Photopass CD...

We usually only do 1/2 day trips, so with the 20 or so pics we get on those trips it seems pointless, but if we are staying for a week and really make it a point to have pictures taken (we usually just skip em since we are only there for a 1/2 day or so) is it worth it you think?

We are also doing BBB in this trip, the P&P Party, and it is to celebrate my DD's birthday.

Thanks in advance guys!

scootch713
01-17-2008, 09:06 AM
I preordered this time and what we did was hit them whenever we saw them... we had over 300 pictures in 5 days. We woudlnt' stop if there was a line, but if there wasn't, we just did a quick pose and we got so many great pics with all of us in it. Also, when the kids did the characters, I didn't take pics.. I just watched, enjoyed and maybe videotaped a few. I usually always buy 1-2 pics anyhow... so it was worth the extra. Remember the 99 is with shipping.. if you buy prints afterwards, you have to pay shipping, plus you only get those few prints. I even was able to get one pic blown up to a 10 x 13(at winkflash for only $4). It is a great castle pics of all of us.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-17-2008, 11:57 AM
I preordered this time and what we did was hit them whenever we saw them... we had over 300 pictures in 5 days. We woudlnt' stop if there was a line, but if there wasn't, we just did a quick pose and we got so many great pics with all of us in it. Also, when the kids did the characters, I didn't take pics.. I just watched, enjoyed and maybe videotaped a few. I usually always buy 1-2 pics anyhow... so it was worth the extra. Remember the 99 is with shipping.. if you buy prints afterwards, you have to pay shipping, plus you only get those few prints. I even was able to get one pic blown up to a 10 x 13(at winkflash for only $4). It is a great castle pics of all of us.

That was my thinking... I could actually ENJOY her meet the characters and not be so focused on getting that "perfect" shot. I would even jump in with her! She always wants me to, but I just try to get good shots of her... This way I wouldn't have to worry about taking pictures b/c the Photopass pics always come out so adorable!

Thanks so much for the response and I guess outside approval for me to go ahead and do it... hehehehe

vamaggie
01-17-2008, 12:25 PM
We considered this before our trip last Nov. Time got away from em and I didn't do it. In hindsight I'm glad I didn't because we really didn't do too many of the Photopass places. We had 2-4 adults (depending on who did what each day) so we always had a camera out and could take pics (I think it endedu p being about 200 over 5 days!). The few that photopass did take for us (all in front of the castle etc) did come out really nice but I only bought 1-2 of them. Think about what works financially for you and if you plan to use mostly the photopass pics then preordering does save money.

SurferStitch
01-17-2008, 12:46 PM
I am so glad I pre-purchased the CD before our trip. We had around 525 pictures total (including those I added borders to), which took 2 CD's. Also, since we pre-ordered, we were able to use our PhotoPass throughout MVMCP. CM's specifically asked if we pre-purchased or planned to buy the CD.

It's just DH and myself, but it's so nice to be able to easily have him in on the character photos. Other years he was the one taking the pics of me because most of the time we weren't happy with the pics people take of us.

We were never on the lookout for the PhotoPass photographers....they were just EVERYWHERE! Made it very easy to get so many unique and beautiful shots.

Ariel_Fan
01-17-2008, 04:35 PM
How do you preorder the cd? If you preorder, who did you get the borders on the pictures? I've only logged on once I got home to put borders on, etc. TIA!!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-17-2008, 04:39 PM
How do you preorder the cd? If you preorder, who did you get the borders on the pictures? I've only logged on once I got home to put borders on, etc. TIA!!

You can edit the pictures all you want. You get the original as well as every single edit to a picture you could think of (so you could have maybe 6 pictures out of just one just from borders or autographs added)... That is one reason I think it is so neat!

There isn't a direct link to the discounted CD order (that I could see) but I had this link saved from an email I got from Photopass last year... Disney PhotoCD Pre-Arrival Order (http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx)

tys_mommy
01-18-2008, 07:57 AM
can you put ride photos on your photo pass or is it just for the pictures that CMs take?

tys_mommy
01-18-2008, 08:09 AM
How many photopass cards can be linked to one account? I'm thinking my hubby and I may have to split up some to do different things with the kids so only one of us will have the photo pass card, can a 2nd card be issued? I read on that site posted that only one account per CD (they can't be combined).

tys_mommy
01-18-2008, 08:16 AM
How many photopass cards can be linked to one account? I'm thinking my hubby and I may have to split up some to do different things with the kids so only one of us will have the photo pass card, can a 2nd card be issued? I read on that site posted that only one account per CD (they can't be combined).

After reading another link I think I understand that you can have multiple photo pass cards and then join them together under one account and that only one account can go onto a CD. So I can have a card and so can hubby and my MIL and then we can put all our photopass cards together and have one account then order all our photos together on 1 CD. Is this right?

DDuck66
01-18-2008, 10:07 AM
We went three weeks in a row during the Holiday Seasons and added the cards together and were able to get over 125 pictures. I do know if I would pre buy the CD, but see how many pics you get and order it when you get back home.

scootch713
01-18-2008, 10:19 AM
You also have the option if your preorder and decide you DON"T want it after you look at the pics, they will refund your money.