PDA

View Full Version : Buffets/All u can eats

Crow
01-16-2008, 08:25 PM
ive eaten at a few of them, my fav being Trails End for the value. Boma i would probably avoid due to thats where i met the ex. Biergarten Ive also eaten at. Ive never tried Garden Grill or Cape May
the person i will be with on part of the trip likes buffets for the less cost.
Which of the following would you recommend?
I forgot to list Ohana, which ive never tried

Donald A
01-16-2008, 08:40 PM
I enjoyed Garden Grill last week with my family. It is at the Land at EPCOT. The characters there were funny and we got a lot of good pics. It is family style food so the menu is pretty much set at a catfish starter. A salad, turkey, pot roast, and au gratin potatoes. You get an apple cobbler dessert. Mickey, Pluto, and Chip were there at this slowly rotating restaurant.

I also did Cape May last week. Many in my family enjoyed it. However, seafood isn't my favorite and it was very crowded.

NJ Camper
01-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Trails end use to be better I heard they changed chefs we use to go there all more when we went in nov. we checked the menu was the same every night which is a shame they use to have a different meat each night ham,roast beef,turkey, etc i'm very disappionted with the current menu staying the same over and over:(

jsw123
01-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Boma was my favorite restaurant, buffet or not, at Disney. The food is delicious and different from what you get anywhere else. We all came away loving it, even the picky eaters. For an adventurous palate, this was great! Plus, getting to walk around AKL after can't be beat for a post-dinner stroll!

Shugoondola
01-16-2008, 09:28 PM
I would pick 'Ohana. :tasty:

Boma is a close second.

:mickey:

01-16-2008, 10:31 PM
I voted for Biergarten. Great food and atmosphere.

Kairi_7378
01-16-2008, 10:58 PM
I seem to remember that you're a big fan of Epcot... why not try the Garden Grill to check another of the restaurants off of your list? haven't eaten there but the food there always smells so good. Plus, how many revolving restaurants have you eaten at? It will be convenient to get to if you're spending lots of time at Epcot. O'hana may be a good choice for you as well. I know you have a (justifiable!) aversion to AKL so I'd stay away from Boma. If you're going out for a nice meal, you don't want it to be somewhere where you are uncomfortable!

Donald's Girl
01-16-2008, 11:15 PM
I've eaten at all except Boma (had to cancel last trip, planning on doing it this year) and had to vote for Cape May since we love the mussels and clams (lots of other good things but that's what we always return for!)
If you're not into seafood I would then go with the Garden Grill. Love the setting and food is great too!
(Trail's End is my pick for breakfast buffet.)

Jared
01-16-2008, 11:19 PM
It's not an easy decision, but I vote for 'Ohana. Boma is a close second, though, and my opinion could change depending on my mood and craving.

Natazu
01-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Definitely gotta hit 'Ohana. Cape May is good if you like mussels and clams. Garden Grill is good down-home food and good character interaction. I haven't been to Trails End in a long time but I remember it as a good value too. I see your point about Boma but gosh Crow... Zebra Domes, I mean come on.

ibrowse17
01-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Three of our favorites here, so hard to vote for just one. We really enjoy Trail's End, Garden Grill and Der Biergarten,:beer: and try to eat at those each trip. We will be trying 'Ohana's for the first time in a couple of weeks, and are much looking forward to it.:thumbsup:

May524
01-17-2008, 10:18 AM
#1 choice would be O'Hana but since it wasn't on the poll I chose Garden Grill. I love the Garden Grill! Love the catfish :D

Mackflava99
01-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Garden grill is a definte good choice-The food selection was very different but very high quality
Actually the dessert cart was stupendous

Crow
01-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Yes im a big fan of Epcot & eat most meals there, so GG is a good possiblility.
even Zebra domes probly wont sway me to go to Boma again.
i do like seafood, but not as much mussels probly.
ill be at SOG for a night or 2 so probly will hit that buffet also

goin2disney
01-17-2008, 06:23 PM
We love ohanas but not as much as we did before they changed the menu. I would still recommend it though :thumbsup:

We are eating at Bomas this trip. I am glad to hear so many positive reviews.

January-2007
01-18-2008, 11:42 AM
I voted for the Biergarten but the one you didn't list is my all time favorite- 'Ohana!

BelleLovesTheBeast
01-18-2008, 06:08 PM
I voted Biergarten. I always have to eat there when I'm at Epcot. It is one of my favorite Disney restaurants. I took my family there last year and they loved it too. It has great food, great service, great music and a great atmosphere.:beer:

dolphinmickey9170
01-18-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm not voting, but I will tell you -- O'Hana is awesome. The wings are sooooooooo good. It's all good!!

jillluvsdisney
01-18-2008, 06:21 PM
I really like Boma. In addition to the standard "bill of faire", I get a chance to try some dishes that I've never had before. I've always found the buffet pods to be well maintained with fresh food. It also gives me a chance to spend time at AKL.:thumbsup:

Crow
01-19-2008, 04:07 PM
looks like Ill be giving GG a try...i hear some of the food is fresh since its grown there