PDA

View Full Version : Where is Beaches n Cream?

Disneyatic
01-16-2008, 05:49 PM
This is considered a CS location correct?
Is it inside of a hotel or located somewhere else?
I think I read that it was close to Epcot, how would we get there from Epcot?

Thanks for help with my million questions!

BronxTigger
01-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Beaches and Cream defies classification. ;)
-It has two sections: a walk up section and an eat-in section. The eat-in section is considered table service because you have a server. However, it does not take ADRs and I don't think it accepts the DDP.

It is located in the back of the Beach Club. (You have to go outside of the lobby to get there; the door faces the pool.) To get there, walk out the International Gateway at Epcot (between UK and France Pavilions) and continue down the path towards the right. When you get to the Beach Club pool, walk along the edge of the pool until you get to the back wall of the hotel itself. If you can't find it (it's small) ask anybody at the resort and they can point you in the right direction. If you've gotten to the gray portion of the resort complex, you've gone too far. The Beach Club is light blue; the Yacht Club is gray.

wendy*darling
01-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Those are good directions.
You can also get there easily from Disney's Hollywood Studios by taking the boat to the Yacht & Beach Club.

Beaches & Cream does accept the DDP, but only as 1TS credit. And, as has been said, they do not take ADRs. I don't think it's a wise use of a TS (IMO :)) I would plan to pay out of pocket if you do eat here.
In addition, they are VERY busy at the traditional meal times.

Their food is good, the ice cream is excellent and the atmosphere is lots of fun!
But it IS hard to get in.

SgtTigger
01-16-2008, 07:48 PM
I go every trip and yes it could be hard to get in at peak times.......
With that being said i have never had to wait very long. Beaches and Cream is small. Booths a few tables and counter spots. As I said we go every trip because I love this place....

:cop: :tigger:

Donald A
01-16-2008, 08:23 PM
My wife and I got an ice cream there at the window counter last week. It was pretty good. We were going to go in but it is VERY SMALL. It is directly between the yacht club and the beach club.

Disneyatic
01-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Thank you to everyone for the answers.
I have one more :blush:

Is this area considered the Boardwalk?
I can't figure out where the Boardwalk is!

ThanxForNoticin
01-17-2008, 12:49 PM
When you leave EPCOT via the International Gateway, it takes you to a big lake. Around the lake are basically 5 resort areas - Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan, Dolphin, and the Boardwalk resort. The Boardwalk resort actually has many restaurants, shops, and activities along the lake - it's also a Vacation Club resort with many rooms. When you leave EPCOT, if you continue straight on the path, you'll come to the Beach Club first. If you turn left and go across a bridge instead, you'll come to the Boardwalk Resort area.

I hope that helps!

jpH/keD
01-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Wow! This place sounds fun! More info please! Do they have characters here? I will look on info central to check out the menu. Anyone have an Intercot favorite meal??? Do tell plz! I need to do RESEARCH for a future trip!! TIA for any good stuff! I love Intercot insiders w/ all the scoop! :cloud9:

PirateLover
01-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Wow! This place sounds fun! More info please! Do they have characters here? I will look on info central to check out the menu. Anyone have an Intercot favorite meal??? Do tell plz! I need to do RESEARCH for a future trip!! TIA for any good stuff! I love Intercot insiders w/ all the scoop! :cloud9:

No characters. It's a classic soda fountain type of joint so they specialize in burgers, fries, and hotdog type foods. The cheeseburger is delish as is the hot dog (it's like a Casey's) and make sure to save room for ice cream!

BronxTigger
01-19-2008, 03:49 PM
I love their milkshakes (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2763167350100449647EVfYsE)!

The longest I've waited to get into Beaches and Cream was about 40 minutes, and that was at dinnertime. I've gone mid-afternoon and other "off times" and only waited 5-10 minutes. I've never walked right in, but last trip almost did. My friend and I were behind a couple, and as luck would have it they were also going to B&C. They walked up to the podium and got the last 2 seats in the place, so we had to wait a few minutes. Oh well, it was totally worth it! I make a point to eat at B&C every trip!

Tygger7
01-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Kitchen Sink Sundae....'nuff said.

I've been waiting 2 years for this slice of heaven. First person that tries to get a spoon in, gets their arm broken. :cloud9:

wendy*darling
01-19-2008, 03:52 PM
No characters at Beaches & Cream.

But if you want characters- try Cape May Cafe for breakfast one morning. It's also at the Beach Club, is an all-you-can-eat buffet and has Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale. It is a 1TS credit meal.

They also have a terrific buffet dinner- but no characters at dinner.

The area is beautiful- especially at night! :mickey: