PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Adventure Cruise @ the GF

tinkergal
01-16-2008, 02:06 PM
:pirate: Is this only for children staying @ the GF or can others attend? Even those staying off-site?

:thanks:

BigRedDad
01-16-2008, 02:31 PM
I believe it is open to anyone. I know you do not have to be staying at the GF, but I am not sure if it applies to on-site only. I doubt it is on-site only.

TexasPrincessAurora
01-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Do they have an age range for this activity? Has anyone had kids that participated?

Mackflava99
01-16-2008, 03:37 PM
What does it entail? is it fun?

McGoofy
01-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Do they have an age range for this activity? Has anyone had kids that participated?

My son did it when he was 6. He loved it. There were 3 CM's that were actually lifeguards that took the kids out on a pontoon boat when my son went. Each kid gets a pirate bandanna that has Mickey ears as well as a lifejacket. They cruise out on the boat to various spots around the lake. They collect "treasure" as they go. They also get lunch--PB&J, goldfish, stuff like that. While they are gone, parents have a pager so that they can contact you if needed. My son had such a fun time. When they came back to the dock, they were all singing at the top of their lungs "YO HO YO HO!! A pirates life for me!" My advice would be to make reservations as soon as you can since space is limited. If you can't do it from the GF, there are also 2 other pirate cruises. You make reservations through the dining priority seating number.

Here's the info that is posted on Intercot:
Pirate Adventure:
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Children wear pirate bandanas and follow clues to search Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon for buried treasure. Two cast members, including a lifeguard, accompany the group. They will sail along the Resort Marinas to collect treasure. At the final port, children will have a light meal and split up the treasure.

Meal includes peanut butter and jelly sandwich, gummy bears, rice krispy treat & fruit punch drink box.

Children must be potty trained and ages 4-10.
Must cancel 24 hours in advance or pay full price.

Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday at 9:30.
This is a 2 hour adventure.
Reservations 180 days out.
Available to all guests. Space is limited.
Price: $28.17 per child
Reservations: Call 407-WDW-DINE

KylesMom
01-16-2008, 05:11 PM
You do not need to stay on-site for this activity. It's well worth the money!

Our DS has done the GF cruise twice (ages 6 & 7) and the BC/YC cruise once (age 8).

DS enjoyed himself each and every time he participated, and it was good for DH and I to have a bit of "alone" time in our 15-day Disney Oddysey. However, at age 8 DS was among the oldest in the bunch and thereafter decided that he'd rather have "his morning to do whatever he wanted" instead of another pirate cruise when he turned 9. I believe age restrictions are 4-10, but some of the older kids may find it is too young for their tastes.

The cruises have always been well-chaperoned with CMs who know how to handle kids. I'm really glad DS had the opportunity to be a pirate! :mickey:

DisnIse
01-18-2008, 05:24 PM
My oldest did it from the GF when he was four and he LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT. It was adorable, and I was completely confident in the young adults who were in charge.

All three of my boys did the pirate cruise out of the Yacht and Beach Club this past summer (oldest was 8 and twins were 4) and they all enjoyed it, too.

The GF cruise goes around the 7 Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake, and the Y&B took the kids to the Boardwalk, Swan/Dolphin and a couple of places within the lake at EPCOT.

VERY worthwhile for them, and a nice respite for us!