PDA

View Full Version : Better Time?

Disneypixie513
01-16-2008, 11:32 AM
We're thinking about going on a cruise in 2009 and we're thinking about either the 1st week in November(more specifically the 5th) or the 1st week in December(the 3rd). Which would be a better time to go? Which one would have a lesser crowd level and better weather?

DisneyDudet
01-16-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm not sure about the weather, but if you go the first week of December, the ship and Castaway Cay will be all decorated for Christmas!!!

I mean, as far as crowds, the ships pretty much stay full year around. And December is ending of hurricane season, so I would think you would have better chance of smoother seas. The only thing about December, is that if you are just sailing to the Bahamas, it could be a little cold. We went in Jan, and it was toasty in the Caribbean, but when we got to Castaway Cay, it was chilly, but we found a nice sunny spot on the family beach and it actually was very nice. The water was cool, but that could be different in Dec.

If you go to the DCL website and to the ports of call, they usually have some average temps, or checking weather.com will help as well.

Happy Planning!

Trakar
01-16-2008, 02:08 PM
We went the first week of Nov and are going again this year on the same week. Weather was great, seas were smooth. Since it's a ship, there is a max number of people there. Never too crowded in the pools. Water at Castaway Cay was too cold for me, but not the kids.

JerseyDad
01-16-2008, 09:45 PM
....we were on the Wonder the first week of this past November....it was all decked out in its Christmas best....wasn't crowded in the least....Castaway Cay was beautiful even though the water was in the mid 70's

....there was one night of "rough" seas (10' foot swells on the last leg home)....but....since I'm "different"...I thought the sounds of a swaying ship (hangars clicking in the closet) were pretty cool!:joy: (it was my first ever cruise...what can I say!!)

...all in all...great weather (aboard ship and in Nassau too)...and a great time to go!! :thumbsup: