PDA

View Full Version : The "Why Can't I Get a Good Beer" trip report-Day 4-Regular Morning

WDWCrazyKaren
01-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Cast:

Me-43, Event planner by day, Disney planner by night
DH-40, Cranky Disney Nay-sayer

With a few more hours of sleep under our belts, Mickey and Stitch awaken us as 6:00AM. It's ok, we're up and moving within moments. We're going to O'Hana to visit our cousins for breakfast! (not our REAL cousins, our O'Hana cousins)

Here's another thing DH doesn't do. Kooky. If you aren't his cousin, don't call him your cousin. If you aren't his family, don't call him your family. I know these things. Our cousins at O'Hana, they don't. I worry.

We cab it over to the Polynesian (I WILL stay here some day, I WILL stay here some day, I WIL....you get the point) and gawk at its' beauty as we stroll through the indoor gardens. It's hard to believe they can capture this all inside. Spectacular. Anyhooo...we make our way upstairs, to find the opening song being sung by the O'Hana family to an enormous group of people. Whoo, are we late? We're thinking it might be an hour before we even get seated, even though the ADR is for 7:30, and it's 7:30 now. I fight my way through the teeming hoards to the check-in counter. I give them my name, they hand me a buzzing, blinking beeper thing. We figure we have PLENTY of time, so we start wandering around, I'm headed to the stairs to walk into the gift shop (my female genes do that sometimes) and the beeper goes off. Already? There are 3.97 million people in front of us. We walk back to the podium, and our Cousin is waiting to take us to our table. Well, this is more like it! Treat us like the Royal Family that we are! DH rolls his eyes and gives me a little shove so I'm positioned in front of him (so our Cousins don't see that he's basically going to start laughing and making fun of them-as if they won't be able to see him behind me-I'm 5'6", he's 6'3"). I'm doing my best to block him from their view. I have no intention of harassing my "Cousins"! Well, AMAZING bread in hand, our cousin walks us to a table for two next to the window in the main dining room. It's a beautiful view outside, and the restaurant is buzzing with excitement. I realize at that moment, as we settle back into the comfy chairs, coffee, juice and diet Cokes in hand, that DH and I have never, once, ever, seen Lilo and Stitch. I mean the movie, not the characters. We've heard of them, of course, but we've not seen the movie. I've seen the rest of 'em, but not that one. We OWN it, but we've never WATCHED it. So, we're feeling kind of stupid right about now. We don't know what to say to them. Sigh. Crud. Do we ignore them? No, we can't, they come to our table. Well, Stitch took care of this without ever even knowing of our dilemma. He strode right over to us, sat on the arm of DH's chair, put one arm around DH's back, and stuck a finger in DH ear! I'm so glad I powered up my Benjamin Franklin era digital camera a few hours ago in anticipation of photographs. I was able to capture the exact moment of the finger in the ear scene. Our cousin poured a cup of coffee at that moment in front of Stitch, which he grabbed, and this caused pandemonium amongst Lilo and the other cousins as they made a big deal of Stitch NOT having any coffee. It was quite clever, and DH laughed uproariously at the entire escapade. Fabulous. After we graciously asked our Cousin for some "well cooked" scrambled eggs (I'm sorry, really I am, but I just cannot eat runny eggs. I'm funny like that), we ate the enormous, fabulous, gut rending feast before us. It was ever so tasty. Manna from Heaven it was.

We rolled ourselves out of the Poly, vowing again to stay there some day, and wandered to the bus stop. Yawnimal Kingdom was on the schedule, and to the schedule we were keeping! Now, I have called in Yawnimal Kingdom for years, and DH kept calling the Magic Kingdom the "Tragic Kingdom", but we actually ENJOYED the Magic Kingdom. Yawnimal Kingdom, sadly, still gets to keep it's name.

First, it's the 2nd week in January. How can it POSSIBLY be 95 degrees? How? This is insanity people! Turn off the sun! Start making some snow! Anything to cool us off. Nope. Not going to happen. Well, we make it to the opening ceremony, and the crowd marches towards EE. I know we need Fast Passes for it, so we dutifully follow. We grab our fastpasses for 11:00 (it's 9:00 now) and we head over to Dinosaur. Ok, that was fun-we had to admit it. Went on the Safari next. I have to divert here a moment. We were standing in the 10 minute stand by line, not a big deal, but there was a woman about 4 people ahead of us-wait for it-with the obligitory toilet paper dragging a trail out the back of her pants. Dang it! DH was giggling like a school girl. I wanted SO much to go and tell her, like I would want someone to tell me, but DH kept grabbing the back of my shirt and pulling me back, telling me I'd embarass her more if I did it out in the open line. I said FINE. I would wait until we got either into our jeep, or right after, when the line wasn't around her. I felt horrible for her. The kid in front of me in line and his mother took a picture of it and started emailing it around the world. While I was still finding it highly entertaining, I felt bad as a fellow female for letting this occur. Sigh-Ok, back to the ride.

We saw tons of animals out and about this morning, our driver was very entertaining. The little red story can go away though. It really doesn't add anything to the ride. Just let us see the animals, that's what we are there for.

After the safari, I didn't see the TP lady, so I had to let it slide. She must have gotten into a different Jeep. I'm sorry Ma'am. I am truly sorry. Forgive me if it was you. (giggle giggle) No really, I'm sorry.

Off to Nemo and Friends, the Musical. Very nice production. DH enjoyed it a lot, and he doesn't care for musical numbers. He loved it! I'm glad. DH chickend out of EE, I really wanted to go, but he just couldn't find it deep down inside of him to do it. I won't leave him alone at Disney, even though he told me to go ahead. I'll wait til next year. The kids will go with me! We gave away our fast passes to a couple. The wife was so thrilled, and her DH was giving me the evil eye. I'm guessing he didnt' want to go on it either! I should have gone on it with her and left the two DH's standing alone in the hot, hot, heat!

We took in "It's Tough to Be a Bug" and deemed it "great". When DH got "stung" by the bee, I heard a pretty good laugh coming out of him.

That was it for YK. No more. We could find nothing else that held any interest for either of us there. DH really wanted to go back to DQ for a few more hours of video game fun, so I agreed. We were hot, and figured it would be nice and uncrowded there. Quick bus ride to DTD and we were there.

With NO one else! Felt weird walking through DTD, PI and West Side with no one else there. We maybe saw 25 people on the entire trek. Tummies were asking for sustenance now, so we ducked in to Wolfgang Pucks and had a few burgers. We were highly entertained at lunch watching some sort of drama unfold as a patron was extremely upset about something that had happened in the restaurant (we never did find out what it was) but we enjoyed speculating.

Disney Quest was a blast. Empty, and all games to ourselves. I was soundly whipped at everything we stopped at. Everything! Pop-A-Shot basketball is one of DH faves, and of course, it's because he plays basketball. So, while my 45 seconds ticked away so very quickly, I would get maybe 8 points. MAYBE. He'd be at 60. Every ball he tossed in went in the basket. How?????? It can't ALL be skill! There must be SOME sort of luck invovled. Blah. I stink at those games. So, we went down the to pirates one, where you sit in those little boats and paddle? Dang! We actually worked up a sweat! That was hard. But, wow, was that fun. I could have done that all day, if it wasn't so much like work.

We wandered lazily around the shops for a while, then headed back to the resort for a little R & R before our evening at Epcot.

Day 4-Regular Evening, on it's way!

Karen

offwego
01-16-2008, 11:12 AM
sounds like your still having a good time.

T-Belle
01-16-2008, 11:27 AM
We cab it over to the Polynesian (I WILL stay here some day, I WILL stay here some day, I WIL....you get the point)

I chant this too!!!!!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-16-2008, 11:46 AM
I chant this too!!!!!

:ditto:

RoosMomKanga
01-16-2008, 12:07 PM
I usually don't read trip reports unless they contain search result I need to know...I'm reading yours for pleasure! I too am going in a few weeks (without the 3 kids) with a anti-character guy (I'm not as brave as you:notworth:...I didn't plan any character meals). He'll be there on the :cheers:"Beers around the World" plan also. I can't wait to hear more about the selections. "Lite Beer"...he can't use those two words together (it's always the thin ones)...now :beer:"Foreign Beer" would make him light up like, like, like...me seeing Mickey!:mickey:. Can't wait to hear more!:number1:

RedheadWriter
01-16-2008, 12:51 PM
:thumbsup:

Jeff
01-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the report!:thumbsup:

realtreebar
01-16-2008, 02:23 PM
thanks for sharing! "gotta love :mickey: "

jillluvsdisney
01-16-2008, 02:42 PM
It's been nice to read your reports and hear that you are having a good time together. I was worried after the first post. You are a brave woman for taking a non Disney person with you to your happy place. I was worried he would ruin your good time. Good to know he's enjoying himself also.

tinkerbell04
01-16-2008, 03:23 PM
Sounds like your husband is enjoying himself way more then he would have expected! :mickey:

pogo
01-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Wow.... what a great day ! I'm glad you were having fun at DQ. :cloud9:

AK is the worst of all parks when it is hot ! The heat builds and builds. We always do KRR to cool off. :blush:

Got to read more. :D

dteed
01-16-2008, 05:15 PM
So glad you are having fun.

KylesMom
01-16-2008, 07:41 PM
After your not-so-pleasant interlude with the balcony dwellers at 12:30, I was expecting DH to be a bit more surly than normal. What a wonderful time you've had so far today! I have to laugh, my DS would think it sacriligious that you own Lilo & Stitch but have never watched it! We've had questionable service and 1+ hour wait for our breakfast at Ohana - I'm glad yours was a much more pleasant experience! :mickey:

Hair_Razor
01-17-2008, 03:43 PM
I tell you a real convert, laughing with the characters! Next thing you know he will be planning your next trip.

pdrlkr
01-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
01-18-2008, 01:09 PM
What a great day. But, you gotta watch Lilo and Stitch, that Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride song gets stuck in my head....I just love it. Off to read more...........

faline
01-19-2008, 03:56 PM
So...have you watched Lilo & Stitch yet?

Another really fun day! Although I find Animal Kingdom far hotter than I would like, I still enjoy my time in the park!