PDA

View Full Version : The "Why Can't I Get a Good Beer" trip report-Day 4-Early Morning

WDWCrazyKaren
01-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Cast:

Me-43, Event planner by day, Disney planner by night
DH-40, Cranky Disney Nay-sayer

Will they or won't they? This was the poser my DH and I were pondering as we fell asleep the night before. Will the terrible parents next door be up to their old tricks? My friends, while I do not enjoy being the bearer of bad news, I must be truthful. Surly McCP (I thought I'd shorten it. If you haven't read the previous posts, that's short for Surly McCrankyPants) and I were in blissful Disney Dreamland, thoughts of Mickey Bars dancing in our heads. Then, this happenend.

Creak.

Groan.

Stomp stomp stomp stomp stomp.

Ziiiiiiip.

Grunt.

I hear these noises coming from somewhere inside our room. I open 1/2 of my left eye (might right eye is buried in the pillow, probably stuck there by a delightful drool pool) and the blinding red LED lights of the clock in front of my 1/2 open eye tells me that it's 12:34. I can surmise by the crack in the curtains that it's AM and not PM (it's dark out). I grunt and groan a little (for any of you who are 43, you know the noises you make in the morning!) and finally make the effort of turning my noggin towards the noises I'm hearing. It's DH, only-it's NOT DH. It's Surlier McCrankyPants. And he's mad. His cold has smacked him in the head these past few hours, he's achy, and HOO BOY is he ticked off (it's a Disney site-I have to say "ticked"). Even in my unroused state, I can guess from the tone of the way he put on his black Nike baseball hat-you guys know what I mean-when you are mad, you can really slam those hats down hard-that those darn neighbors are at it again. DH has not spoken a word, but he's dressing. That means a confrontation is iminent. I don't know if it will be a fair fight. DH is big and mad. They are unsuspecting. Like shooting fish in a barrel it would be. Well, I give him credit. He opened up the door, and I know the sight was not good to the balcony dwellers. When DH has a head cold, his voice gets extremely deep, he's already a big guy, he was wearing his black Nike basketball shorts, a black t-shirt with the sleeves cut off to accomodate "the gun show" (hahahahaha) and his black hat. He looked like a well dressed sporting cat burgler. I was actually surprised that although the tone was NOT happy, the words were not menacing. I was expecting *&^%^&%&^%)()*(*(&^ to come out of his mouth. But it was like this:

DH-"Excuse me, but could you please move your party somewhere else?

BD (balcony dwellers) - "What? There's someone in that room?"

DH- "Yes, there is someone in this room. It's a large resort at Disney World. There is someone in EVERY room"

BD-"Well, we didn't know anyone was in there, it's so quiet"

DH-"That's how a resort room is supposed to be! QUIET! So you don't bother other guests."

BD-"Gee, we're sorry"

Now, this sounds very mellow, and like a very kindly spoken exchange. It was not. Surly, Sick and Angry DH basically "boomed" as he spoke to them.

We never heard a peep out of them again.

DH was upset that he hadn't done this on the first night.

I will wrap up this post, and continue our regular part of the day in Day 4-Regular Morning.

Karen

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Well, S McCP handled it way better than I would've. I can't stand stuff like that and I am not afraid to speak my mind and I have a definite temper... We stay @ ASMv next week, so I am hoping I don't have to deal with that mess and get upset...

I am glad it worked though, and they were quiet the rest of the trip! :mickey:

offwego
01-16-2008, 10:56 AM
That sounds like no fun at all.

SBETigg
01-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Wow, fantastic. Do you rent him out? :blush:

RedheadWriter
01-16-2008, 12:45 PM
The more I read about S McCP, the more I like him!:thumbsup:

WDWCrazyKaren
01-16-2008, 01:09 PM
I will rent Surly McCrankyPants to anyone who may need his services. Except at night, because I can't sleep without snuggling in. Or during the work day, because he needs to work to support my Disney addiction. Or at dinnertime, because we like to eat together, or during our TV shows in the evening, because we like the same shows. So, I guess you could rent him from, say, 5:45AM-6:00AM.

He's fairly effective. I think the head cold made him sound much more menacing than usual.

Karen

realtreebar
01-16-2008, 02:13 PM
thanks for sharing! "gotta love :mickey: "

jillluvsdisney
01-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Good for your hubby !!!

BigRedDad
01-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Cruddy beer + cold + lack of sleep + loud/obnoxious neighbors = meltdown ready to happen

If it were me, I would have been up at 4AM the first morning beating on the wall like crazy just to wake them up and their kids. After a quick check form them what happened and after the awaken kids, I would do it again so they all wake up a second time. The next morning when you see them, tell them you were killing spiders and roaches. Tell them they had to leave their room and outside of the room because they are too loud outside at night.

I am glad your DH did it. I would have done something the first night. There is a place for relaxing late at night with drinks, but it is not out front of your door waking up others.

tinkerbell04
01-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Love it!!!

pogo
01-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Good for him......:thumbsup: He done better than I would have. :boxing: Except I would have done that the first night.

On to read more ! :D

faline
01-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Oh my! But...I am gald to hear that it resolved the problem and you could get some restful sleep!

Hair_Razor
01-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Wow, fantastic. Do you rent him out? :blush:

Seriously!!!:funny:

pdrlkr
01-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
01-18-2008, 12:47 PM
This is some awesome reporting.......gotta love your DH's ability to keep his cool. He rocks. Off to ream more...................:mickey: