PDA

View Full Version : 27 Dresses (Now on DVD)

NotaGeek
01-16-2008, 01:32 AM
Ok, it's no secret that I LOVE a good chick flick. Romantic comedies provide that release ... an easy breezy movie experience that leaves you feeling good all day ... so 27 Dresses comes out this weekend and I have a Sunday movie date with my BFF Desiree ... granted we will hit my local AMC with the discount $5 before noon weekend movie price, but I still can't wait!

You can check out the official 27 Dresses Page (http://www.27dressesthemovie.com/) or the Yahoo! Movie page (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809868432/info) to check out trailers, etc...

Anyone else a sucker for a chick flick!?! (not to mention James Marsden and Katherine Heigl!)

Melanie
01-16-2008, 01:41 AM
James Marsden. :)

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to this one. Love a good click flick, and it doesn't seem like there has been enough of them lately. Hope it plays here!

ChipnDaleGal
01-16-2008, 05:38 AM
Michael, I am anxious to hear what you and Desiree think about this one. I haven't been digging Katherine Heigl so much lately, I guess Izzy has been wearing me down.

IloveDisney71
01-16-2008, 08:21 PM
One of my DD's is a huge chick flick fan and I love a good chick flick too. We can't wait to see it. We're hoping we can squeeze it in this week-end. James Marsden is just too cute!

Fairy Grandmother
01-21-2008, 03:27 AM
I loved this movie! It is a chick flick with a lot of laughs. :funny:

Has anyone else seen it?

bleukarma
01-22-2008, 01:05 PM
I took advantage of the AMC $5 movies before noon on Sunday and saw this movie. I have to admit that I went in with low expectations, but I was impressed!! It will probably be one that I will buy when it comes out on DVD. It was too cute!!! James Marsden was just adorable and Katherine Heigl did a good job of being a push-over, in my opinion. The "Benny and the Jets" scene was funny and memorable! Loved it! :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
03-15-2008, 04:31 AM
Ok, it's a cold night in a hotel in Spokane and I decided that my company needed to buy me a movie night ... OMG I absolutely LOVED this movie! And hubba hubba James Marsden ...

Melanie if you haven't seen this yet, you HAVE to!

Melanie
03-15-2008, 06:51 AM
Melanie if you haven't seen this yet, you HAVE to!

It's airing here a couple of nights next week. I'm so there! :thumbsup:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-17-2008, 07:55 PM
I saw it and while I wasn't SUPER impressed, I liked it for what it was... a cute, funny, chick flick. I saw it by myself (God, how depressing!) and laughed out loud numerous times.

I love Jimmy... yummy.

Melanie
03-22-2008, 11:51 AM
I thought it was adorable! Predictable? Of course, but what good click flicks aren't? I can't wait to buy the DVD and watch it over and over. James Marsden - WOW! :faint: He definitely needs to do more movies like this.

Oh, and I loved how the credits were done. Very clever!

pink
03-22-2008, 03:37 PM
I just saw it for the first time the other day. It was better than I thought it was going to be but as others said, it was very predictable. Malin Akerman (who plays Tess) was hysterical, especially in her "bridezilla" part. :mickey:

Melanie
03-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Malin Akerman (who plays Tess) was hysterical, especially in her "bridezilla" part. :mickey:

And I didn't care for her, probably because I couldn't get her 'Heartbreak Kid' role out of my mind. She bugged me in that movie, although I guess that was the point.

Melanie
05-01-2008, 05:38 AM
Just bought the DVD. Can't wait to watch it because I LOVE this movie! :clappy:

RedSoxFan
05-02-2008, 07:04 PM
I wasn't going to buy this DVD as I didn't think it was going to be a good movie. But after reading all your reviews, I did buy it and I LOVED it. James Marsden was great. Thanks for all the great reviews!!

LauraleeH
05-03-2008, 02:59 AM
I rented it tonight and I loved it!!! I will buy it and I'll even let my younger cousin watch it...very cute, and pretty clean, all things considered.

offwego
05-05-2008, 09:24 AM
It was very funny, better then I thought it would be really as I wasn't sure about Katherine in a movie where she really is in almost all of it.

Very cute and the dresses were awful in a comedic way.