PDA

View Full Version : Live report Day 3 Jan 13-21

tink179
01-16-2008, 12:46 AM
Today we started out at Epcot. We went on Soarin first. Still like that ride a lot. I love when you're able to smell the oranges! Then we we grabbed some breakfast at the sunshine area. They have a great selection and it's really really good. We got the breakfast platter, oatmeal, and 2 kids french toasts. Next was living with the land, mission space, and spaceship earth. We went to club cool after that. This is our 4th trip, and I didn't even know abt the free drinks there until all the helpful people on this site! :number1: Mexico, Japan, and Italy were pretty cool. I couldn't resist trying the beverly even though I have been warned by everyone just how bad it was. It was!!!!! :sick: It tastes like really really bad cough syrup!

We left there and then went to the special meet and greet at Innovations West with our Disney Visa. It was great to be able to do that. They saw Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy all at the same time, and they took their time. We got a great free 5X7 family photo from that. Shortly after that our trip gets a tad more interesting. Our double stroller broke!!!! :mad: the mechanism in the back wheel busted. My dh called the 800 humber, and found out all they could do was just ship it. It would take a little while though. So my dh who pretty much always seems to pull McGyver(sp) skills, fixes the stroller enough to keep using it. He fixed it with spare shoe strings from my ds, and a safety pin he turned into a screwdriver! :mickey: We then continue on to our journey where my dd meets sleeping beauty, and my ds got to have a shark made from the candy lady in Japan. She is soooo worth seeing. She's absolutely amazing!!! We went and had dinner at San Angel Inn. This was our first time there, and it was really very good and plentiful! Would go back! We then went on the 3 cabelleros ride, and I thought it was really cute. We had lunch earlier in the day at Electric Umbrella. Pretty good with some different choices.

We then took the boat ride over to Hollywood Studios for EMH. We went to RRC. It was my oldest DS first ride on that! He loved it. He went on again with dh, but they didn't have any music playing during their ride, so the cm's let them go on again with music this time. :secret: Then we went and saw Fantasmic. Still a favorite. Next to my favorite, ToT. It's just the best ride ever!!!! It was wonderful as usual. We then stumble upon this dance party at Playhouse Disney. A lot of the "main" characters come out and interact with the kids, dance, and have a good time!!!! It's soo easy to get good pics. While my dd danced, my ds's had balloon animals made. Awesome! We then head back to the resort after a long day. I now type this w/ my dh and ds sleeping!!! I guess that means it's my turn! :mickey: Next up tomorrow, studios and animal kingdom.

RedheadWriter
01-16-2008, 08:01 AM
:thumbsup:You've got a very handy husband! Fixing things with safety pins and shoestrings...what talent :)
Thanks for the report!

goofysbabe
01-16-2008, 08:35 AM
Glad to see your having a great time :thumbsup: Thanks for the report

BelleCiavo
01-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Good thing your dh was able to Macgyver the stroller. I thought you were going to go to Le Cellier :( Glad you had a good experience at San Angel :thumbsup:

Enjoy!
Karen

realtreebar
01-16-2008, 02:39 PM
thanks for sharing! "gotta love :mickey: "

tinkerbell04
01-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Glad you were able to rig up the stroller! Sounds like a great day. :mickey:

RoosMomKanga
01-17-2008, 11:24 AM
We had a similar stroller story:mad: one trip...my husband used a piece of metal from a pen cap and a paper clip (holding all my Intercot notes) to fix it (amazing what "innoventions" come out of necessity...I'm not carrying that kid!). Sounds like you're having a blast!:party: I'm so jealous!:blush:

dteed
01-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Great report

Hair_Razor
01-17-2008, 02:38 PM
I love the MacGuyver stroller story how cool thank goodness you have him around :D

pdrlkr
01-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
01-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Whew! Stroller disaster averted! Nice day!

dolphinmickey9170
01-18-2008, 02:27 PM
What a way to problem solve!! Thanks for sharing......:mickey:

Bethis26fan
01-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Sounds like a good day. Glad you DH could rig the stroller.