PDA

View Full Version : Do ALL Poly Ground Floor Rooms Have Patios?

jennsky
01-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Hello! Silly question, but wondering if ALL Poly ground floor rooms have patios. We'll have a two year old when we go, and I was thinking that if we had a ground floor room, we could sit out on the patio while she went to bed early, and if one of us wanted to wander away to explore the hotel, we wouldn't have to trounce through our room to do that. That way, the other person could still be there (on the patio...if it has one) and the other person could go "exploring". Next question: if we request a ground floor room (I don't really care which building), what do you think my odds are of getting it? Are ground floor rooms requested more or less than 2nd and 3rd floor rooms? Thanks! :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
01-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Yes they do have patios. Make your request at the time of booking and do it again as a reminder about 4 days in advance. Give your reasons and they will likely meet it but they won't make any guarantee.

I asked your question about the room requests types when we were there in August because we always ask for 3rd floor. The CM indicated that ground floor or 3rd tend to be more popular requests because many of the buildings have no balcony on the second floor. But otherwise, it just seems to be personal preference.

tikiman
01-16-2008, 10:14 AM
All do have patios but not all are open to walk out of. The ground floor rooms at Fiji are surrounded by bushes and it would be quite a leap over the bushes and down a small retaining wall to get off the patio. The ground floor rooms on the lagoon side of Tuvalu go up to a roped off wall that is at the edge of the lagoon. Other than those most of the patios are open to walk off and around the resort.

threeh
01-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Yes they do have patios. Make your request at the time of booking and do it again as a reminder about 4 days in advance..

Who should be called 4 days before arrival?? Should I call the Polynesain directly?? Thanks!
:thumbsup: