PDA

View Full Version : New fries?

samanthastanky
01-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Hey everyone- my husband just called me from Port Orleans. He said that all the fries that he's eaten this vacation have been different than usual! NO!!! We were there last in October so it must have just happened. I know this is small, but we do love the fries at WDW. Anyone know if this is true or maybe just a trial?

thanks! :mickey:

JPL
01-15-2008, 08:19 PM
I believe they removed the use of trans fats in the preperation process you can also notice a difference in the Chicken Strips. It's part of the WDW healthy initiative they started.

DisneyGiant
01-15-2008, 08:21 PM
I think this is a good thing.

I just hope they taste "ok."

I tend to eat a lot of fries while in WDW.

jszczur5
01-16-2008, 01:05 AM
I think this is a good thing.

I just hope they taste "ok."

I tend to eat a lot of fries while in WDW.

I tend to avoid them like the plague - trans fat or no trans fat. My kids like them though. Cheeseburgers and fries for every CS meal - YUCK!!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-16-2008, 11:02 AM
I agree fries at every cs disgusting, but occasionally I enjoy a good fry at WDW. Healthy is better especially for the children. It is not like there are not any sweets or goodies to buy.

MickeyChick
01-16-2008, 11:16 AM
I was looking at menus last night and it seemed to me that fries weren't an option on the kids meals. Just carrots, grapes, apple slices....

baby minnie's mommy
01-17-2008, 09:55 PM
I was looking at menus last night and it seemed to me that fries weren't an option on the kids meals. Just carrots, grapes, apple slices....

Under the kids' meal choices they have alternate choices for them available "upon request." Fries, a cookie, and some other selections that I can't remember right now. :mickey:

DisneyGiant
01-17-2008, 10:44 PM
I tend to avoid them like the plague - trans fat or no trans fat. My kids like them though. Cheeseburgers and fries for every CS meal - YUCK!!

I should avoid them like the plague - ;) - its just that for some reason I crave salty things while in WDW.

Mousefever
01-18-2008, 01:03 AM
We were in DW Jan. 1-10 and found the fries to be very tasty! In fact, I found myself looking forward to counter service meals for the fries.
Amy

:dory: