PDA

View Full Version : I need help

Bethis26fan
01-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Ok all you crazy disney plan aholics (and you know who you are) :mickey: I need some help picking when we should go. We were first looking at Oct 22-26 but now we are looking at Sept 10-14 because it is cheaper. We are wanting to go to the MNSSHP and if the dates fall like they did last year we could do that either stay. So which is best? There will be 3 adults in our upper 20's a 4year old and an infant (2 or 3 months old deping on when we go). We still aren't too sure if the mom and baby will go right now but she really wants to go so if it works out she will be with us. Taking all of that in when do you think we should go?

browneyedgirl12
01-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Well in Oct. it might be a little bit cooler and that might be better for the baby. But down here in Florida there isn't anyway of knowing what temp. it will be. So I would probably go in Sept. to save a bit of money and spend it on other souviers or whatever. But this is really your decision. Hope you have a good trip.:thumbsup:

wdwfanjon
01-15-2008, 04:15 PM
September is cheaper than October, but it is also hotter and the threat of a hurricane is higher. I was in WDW in September 2004 when Hurricane Jeanne came through. I was stuck in my room at AS Sports for about 24 hours. Also, the Food & Wine Festival starts in late September and goes through early November. Can you tell that I am recommending October? :)

I will hopefully be going to WDW from October 24-30 for my second MNSSHP and F&W Fest! :D

Bethis26fan
01-15-2008, 04:34 PM
September is cheaper than October, but it is also hotter and the threat of a hurricane is higher. I was in WDW in September 2004 when Hurricane Jeanne came through. I was stuck in my room at AS Sports for about 24 hours. Also, the Food & Wine Festival starts in late September and goes through early November. Can you tell that I am recommending October? :)

I will hopefully be going to WDW from October 24-30 for my second MNSSHP and F&W Fest! :D

I forgot about Hurricane season. hmm I'm just ready to get to the world lol and that is part of why I'm leaning towards Sept.

WriteDisney
01-15-2008, 04:47 PM
I would go for September, it is cheaper. Crowds will be pretty low. Possibly free dining. The weather is a little iffy, but I, at least for me, I thought the money I saved would be worth the risk. From others on intercot I heard rain showers during the day, but only for a little bit. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
01-15-2008, 04:58 PM
We are now changing to Sept 24-28 instead of the 10-14. I think the crowds would be better at the end of sept vs that of the end of Oct, but I really don't know I've only ben in Nov.

Darbylew
01-15-2008, 05:17 PM
The crowds are lower in September but it is
still very warm and humid at that time. The
MNSSHP is the BEST so don't miss it. We have
been in October and found the crowds were not
bad and it was a little cooler and less humid.
I know whatever time you pick your trip will be
great........:mickey:

sassafras
01-15-2008, 06:46 PM
My sis and I were there in last Sept. It was very hot and there was TORRENTIAL rain, not just the little pop-up showers you normally get every day. There was a couple of nights the rain and lightning were so bad, we just gave up and went back to the room. I'd try Oct. if I were you!

BMan62
01-15-2008, 06:51 PM
We are now changing to Sept 24-28 instead of the 10-14. I think the crowds would be better at the end of sept vs that of the end of Oct, but I really don't know I've only ben in Nov.

That is our favorite time to go - late September. Normally good weather, already late in the hurricane season, and low crowd levels. The week before the Food and Wine Festival starts is really slow.

tjstrike
01-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Late Sept. is a great time to go. Personally speaking, I won't waste my money on the MNSSHP again. Just my opinion. :sick: