View Full Version : Help !!! November Vs. June thoughts

ramftbl
01-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Hello all !!! Due to DVC points issues, we have been forced to change our trip from November to June 2008. What can I expect differently as far as crowd size comparison as well as weather differences ? We'll be there from June 2 until the 9th. Thanks to all who respond !!!

JerseyDad
01-15-2008, 03:56 PM
....from what I've seen...and heard:

June = Very Hot vs November = Just Right

June = Crowded vs November = Not So Crowded

June = Hurricane Season vs November = Hurricane Season Over

crazeedizneefinatic
01-15-2008, 04:03 PM
I had a very close friend go last June right after school let out which was the 1st week of June. All she said was never again. She was uncomfortable from the heat and the crowds were high. That does not mean you won't have a good vacation. If going in June is your only option just be prepared for these things. Try to prepare yourself for delays and taking afternoon breaks and head for the pool. It's better than not going. I do have personal experience with July and I can say never again with certainty. I do not enjoy melting.

WDWFanatic
01-15-2008, 04:07 PM
We went once in early June. I now say I'd rather skip a year than go then. It was VERY hot and crowded. The crowds I could deal with, but the hot and muggy not so much. I got one of those neck coolers to try to keep my temperature down and it just felt like a slug on my neck.

If you don't mind the heat I'm sure you'll be able to take it.

We usually go in November or April and really love it then.

RenDuran
01-15-2008, 04:27 PM
What a bummer! November is such a great time of year for WDW. We've been toying with the idea of June or October this year to go to WDW. Just reading the answers to your question, make me realize June is no longer an option!

bwk99
01-15-2008, 04:28 PM
expect crowds and rain..

I've noticed weather goes person by person. June is nearly perfect for me.. But, I like it in the 90's.. But, where I live its in the low 90's in June and it gets over 100 during mid July - mid August with a ton of humidity. So, I can tolerate Florida in the summer..

AmberB
01-15-2008, 05:05 PM
We went in June 2006.

It's definately hot, but being from Texas, it wasn't anything my family wasn't used to. Just make sure to drink plenty of water. Also, alternate between indoor and outdoor attractions to get some cool down time. My (then) 2.5 year old son took a nice nap on Ellen's Universe of Energy.

The parks were fairly busy. We planned ahead, used fast passes and and found most waits reasonable. We were traveling with small children so we didn't ride the "big" rides that usually have the longer waits very often.

We had a great time and June. Obviously we would love to go slower times of the year, but if our option was go in June or don't go, we would go in June.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-15-2008, 05:22 PM
:) Well, it will be hotter and probably more crowded but its still DW vs. no DW.....

JMTStone
01-15-2008, 06:29 PM
We had a Thanksgiving trip this past year and I LOVED the weather. Thanksgiving crowds were rough.

We're going in June this year. Been there during the heatwave before and am NOT looking forward to it. But DD is dancing at Fantasyland! What can I say?