PDA

View Full Version : Question about refillable mugs

mjaclyn
01-15-2008, 12:53 PM
DH and I went to WDW this past September. We stayed at the BCV and got refillable mugs. We're going back to WDW this weekend and we're staying at BCV again. Will we be able to use the same refillable mugs that we got in September or will we have to buy new ones?

Jeff
01-15-2008, 01:32 PM
The policy is that the mugs are for the "length of stay" of the visit you purchase them in.

MMouse6937
01-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Rules say you need to buy a new mug for every visit. Interestingly enough I did ask in the other thread about the mugs at the water parks and was told that we could bring the old ones and buy another bar code for the day we're in the WP. That was nice to hear. I wish that they mugs at the resorts were different to each resort, I sure enjoyed getting one each year from the different places we stayed, now I'm not sure it's as much fun.

vamaggie
01-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Semi related question: Does anyone know if they have changed the YOMD 2007 mugs to YOMD 2008 mugs? If so what do they look like? Not trying to cheat--we won't be going til at least 2009 :(--but if they are nice looking may ask my sis to get us some when they go in May.

Hull-onian
01-15-2008, 07:02 PM
That was a good question about refillable mugs.
We are staying at AllStrSpts and I must purchase :beer::beer::beer::beer: mugs. We will be there for nine days, I think for the investment, it will be worth it.

jszczur5
01-16-2008, 01:37 AM
The policy is that the mugs are for the "length of stay" of the visit you purchase them in.

We bought 2 refillable mugs for the first time last summer at POP. Every time I used them, be it morning noon, or night, there were always at least 7 or 8 people using mugs that were distinctly different from the ones we had just bought. Some featured logos from other resorts, and others clearly were being re-used from previous visits. Not once did I see a CM speak to any of these people.

vamaggie
01-16-2008, 07:57 AM
We bought 2 refillable mugs for the first time last summer at POP. Every time I used them, be it morning noon, or night, there were always at least 7 or 8 people using mugs that were distinctly different from the ones we had just bought. Some featured logos from other resorts, and others clearly were being re-used from previous visits. Not once did I see a CM speak to any of these people.

I believe the current policy states the YOMD mugs can be used at any resort during the stay in which it was purchased. There will always be people who try to cheat the system and get away with something that is wrong. For $12?!?!?!?!? I cannot imagine what those people do in the rest of the world and what they are teaching (overtly or covertly) their children. Follow the rules, please. People who cheat tend to lead the powers that be to end up changing things (usually for the worse) for all of us.

MNNHFLTX
01-17-2008, 09:05 AM
I believe the current policy states the YOMD mugs can be used at any resort during the stay in which it was purchased. There will always be people who try to cheat the system and get away with something that is wrong. For $12?!?!?!?!? I cannot imagine what those people do in the rest of the world and what they are teaching (overtly or covertly) their children. Follow the rules, please. People who cheat tend to lead the powers that be to end up changing things (usually for the worse) for all of us.This is true. That is why the policy on INTERCOT is also to promote following the rules, whether or not you see someone else doing so. :mickey:

Gottaluvgoof
01-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Where are the rules posted? Just wondering, because I have always wondered the same thing. We have bought new mugs each time, but have always seen people with different mugs, and never being questioned. I would think this should be posted in the resort food courts, but I have never seen it. Maybe I'm missing something?

bshaw96
01-17-2008, 10:59 AM
I asked the same question a few months back and get flogged.:( Before I knew it there were threads about cheating, being cheap, yada yada.It eventually got closed (the thread) I honestly asked in good faith. So I understand and appreciate your question. But the consensus seems to be no reusing them on subsequent trips. I too, have never seen rules posted, but I'm sure they're somewhere. Yes, they're "only" 12 dollars, but when you're traveling with a large family, that can add up, especially when you have practically new mugs you just bought at your last recent trip. When we go to WDW, we go on a budget, and those cups were a consideration in that budget. Just wanted to answer your question in a friendly, disney magical way :thumbsup: Have fun on your trip!

Jeff
01-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Where are the rules posted? Just wondering, because I have always wondered the same thing. We have bought new mugs each time, but have always seen people with different mugs, and never being questioned. I would think this should be posted in the resort food courts, but I have never seen it. Maybe I'm missing something?

Check here http://www.intercot.com/images/Refillmugs1.jpg
for a link to Info Central with a picture of the posted policy. The policy is also printed on each new mug.

MNNHFLTX
01-17-2008, 11:59 AM
I asked the same question a few months back and get flogged.:( Before I knew it there were threads about cheating, being cheap, yada yada.It eventually got closed (the thread) I honestly asked in good faith. So I understand and appreciate your question. I'm truly sorry for that experience. It's a perfectly valid question, no problem there. It typically becomes a "hot topic" when people start suggesting that since cast members often do not enforce this rule, that it is acceptable to break it. That's why I was trying to nip that in the bud in this thread. :mickey:

I have seen the rules for the mugs posted in the food courts at the resorts, but with a crowd of people around, they are probably easily overlooked.

A moderator reminder for our members--let's follow bshaw95's example and keep all further responses in this thread friendly and respectful. :mickey:

jszczur5
01-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Well, I plan on re-using my mugs - when we go to Jamaica next week!
BTW, when I mentioned that CM's were not chastising the cheaters, I was not endorsing the practice, I was complaining. I think the cheaters should be called out. I paid $12 each for my two mugs - so should they.

katzctkpt
01-29-2008, 11:38 PM
We use our mugs at home everyday. As a matter of fact I'm using it right now. Trust me $12 a mug for the length of stay is cheap once you start buying cokes at $2.00 a whack 6 drinks pays for 1 mug and I'm sure that everyone drinks more than 6 during the stay. I have to say I haven't seen the rules posted at the resort about the use of mugs but, it does say on the mug itself (fine print) beside the handle "Free refills available at Resort Beverage Island until the end of the stay in which the mug was purchased." I also remember reading somewhere that they were going to start printing the year on mugs. Don't know if this has happened yet.

jszczur5
01-30-2008, 01:05 AM
We use our mugs at home everyday. As a matter of fact I'm using it right now. Trust me $12 a mug for the length of stay is cheap once you start buying cokes at $2.00 a whack 6 drinks pays for 1 mug and I'm sure that everyone drinks more than 6 during the stay. I have to say I haven't seen the rules posted at the resort about the use of mugs but, it does say on the mug itself (fine print) beside the handle "Free refills available at Resort Beverage Island until the end of the stay in which the mug was purchased." I also remember reading somewhere that they were going to start printing the year on mugs. Don't know if this has happened yet.

My mug clearly states 2007 Year of a Million Dreams