DS1 – My older sister
DBIL1 – My brother-in-law
DN – My eldest niece
DS2 – My 2nd older sister
DBIL2 – My other brother-in-law
DN – My youngest niece
DNP – My nephew

Day 1 – Tuesday -- Travel & DTD

My DM, DS1, DBIL1, DN and I were all scheduled for the same flight, and took a limo to Midway. Another nice ride..better than driving to the airport or taking a bus! After upgrading mine and my DM’s tickets to business class, we went through security and ate breakfast. After getting on board, everything went as scheduled, and we actually got into Orlando early due to a strong tailwind (recommend upgrading to business class at the airport, I loved the legroom!). My Mom and I were set for Disney’s Magical Express to stay at Coronado Springs. Our first time using the service, and I was pleased to have a painless check-in, and to get Mom’s wheelchair rental. We wound up on the far side of the resort, a 5 minute walk from the main building. Fortunately, they had a nice bell person walk us to our room (from England, no less—wanted to tip him, but he said he wasn’t allowed to take tips). It was nice to go without tugging luggage around, though I’m sure they would’ve driven us over. We planned on meeting the rest of the party in DTD at Rainforest Café, as it has become almost a tradition on the first day there. It was also at this time that my DS2 sprung an early Christmas present on me…I was going to be going on the Magic Behind the Steam Trains tour on Thursday!!! I nearly did back flips, as I love the steam locomotives. She also gave me a shirt she wanted me to wear on the tour. It was a dark grey, with Mickey in a Santa hat on it. We walked around while we waited for them, then had a great meal and then headed back to our resort, where our luggage was awaiting us. We got settled in for an exciting day at the Magic Kingdom the next day.

RedheadWriter
01-15-2008, 11:00 AM
:thumbsup:Hassle free travel day! Off to read your other reports!

tinkerbell04
01-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Sounds like you are off to a great start! :mickey:

pdrlkr
01-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
01-16-2008, 01:45 PM
What a nice surprise from your sister! Can't wait to hear how the tour was!

realtreebar
01-16-2008, 02:29 PM
thanks for sharing! "gotta love :mickey: "

dolphinmickey9170
01-18-2008, 02:40 PM
I wish I could get my sister to go with me. She's too busy. Whatever. Anywhoooooo, what a nice surprise from your sister. Sounds like a great start. Heading off to read more..........:mickey:

Bethis26fan
01-20-2008, 09:04 AM
sounds like a great start.

MauiMouse
01-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Very nice surprise.

ChipnDaleGal
01-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Sounds like your family is off to a wonderful start, especially you with that great gift! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing. :mickey: