PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions...

mizzoumouse
01-14-2008, 10:29 PM
So this morning was the big day! 180 days out! Called this morning to make all of our dining plans and also book or Grand Gathering Magical Fireworks Voyage. There are 19 of us going! 3 Dinners all together and then 4 nights of splitting up into groups of 3 or 4. Everything worked out perfectly! Except for one thing. The ONE night that my mom and dad are taking all of the kids to dinner at the crystal palace, my DH and I were going to go to the Concourse Steakhouse, but were told that it is closed during the time we are there (7/12-7/19). So, everything else is booked and perfect, I just need to figure out one dinner for me and my DH. I figure since we have time and it is only for 2 people, we will be ok to think about where we want to go for a while. We definitely want a sit down dinner (no buffets or family style). We will be at MK that day, but can hop anywhere we want to eat. Any suggestions??? Oh, and we are on the dining plan and would prefer to use a 1 table service.
Thanks for your help ahead of time! :mickey:

Natazu
01-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Jym’s Top-7 Best WDW Restaurants for when Concourse is Closed, Everything Else is Booked and Perfect and you Just Need to Figure Out One Dinner for you and DH and you Want a 1TS DDP Meal:
7. Olivia's
6. Wolfgang Puck Cafe
5. Coral Reef
4. Grand Floridian Cafe
3. Marrakesh
2. Le Cellier
1. Kona Cafe

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-16-2008, 11:05 AM
If you would like to stay close by and on the monorail loop I suggest Kona Cafe at the Poly or the Floridian Cafe at the GF. The GF would be quieter probably because the Kona can be quit loud because of its location next to Ohana's. If that is an issue I would do the GF.

BouncingTigger
01-17-2008, 12:54 AM
Just have Dole Whip Floats! They can be dinner, right? ;)

I'm sorry, I'm not just being cheeky - I overheard a woman at MK trying to explain to her DH that no, Dole Whip Floats are not dinner. She was trying to talk him into a fancy place and he just wanted another float! :D