PDA

View Full Version : Bed Rails at Poly for Toddler?

jokat
01-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Hi all! We have a DD who is 2 right now, will be 3 during our trip to the World. We will be transitioning her from a crib to a "big girl bed" sometime soon. My question is can we request bed rails at the Poly? I worry about her falling out of bed as she'll be sleeping on the other queen-size bed in the room. (We will be in a standard garden-view room). Is this a problem? Any other suggestions to help her be comfortable in this situation? As a rule, she does not sleep in the same bed with mommy & daddy so that's out. Thanks in advance!

BrerGnat
01-15-2008, 01:36 AM
there is a small daybed in the Polynesian rooms that would be perfect for a toddler. It's sort of like a couch, and has arms and a back, but you take the back pillows off and it turns into a little bed. You can have Housekeeping bring up a rail and you can attach it to the daybed. The daybed is pushed up against the wall, so you only need one rail. I'd use that for a 2 year old.

However, you can request bed rails as well. I'd personally request 3. Put one on each side of the bed as well as at the foot of the bed! Those beds are high!

wendy*darling
01-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Yes, you can request bed rails at every Disney Resort. :thumbsup:

But I would agree with BrerGnat- use the daybed. It's more secure for a toddler and will only require one rail for the one open side.

jennsky
01-15-2008, 08:09 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I have a 2 year old and need to request bed rails as well. I wasn't sure if the daybeds were in all the rooms, but from the sounds of it, there are! Great!

jokat
01-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Very helpful, thank you much! I hadn't thought about putting a rail on the daybed...I would be much more comfortable with that for our DD. The thought of her falling off one of those big beds scares me to death!