PDA

View Full Version : Report from trip: Jan 5 -12 (check in/hotel)

BouncingTigger
01-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Hello all,

This is my first trip report, so bear with me. I am not going to go into a ton of detail - just the highlights and info that I think will help other people. Sorry I can't detail everything - busy with classes starting!

On the trip: Me - 21 years (my first trip to Disneyworld!)
Boyfriend - 29 years (his second trip - he had gone back in the early nineties but only to Epcot and didn't spend much time there)

So, we left from San Diego in the morning of Jan 5 (Saturday). American Airlines (booked through Travelocity). Layover in Dallas. Flight went well, arrived pretty much on time.

We used Magical Express - it worked well - our bags got to our room about 1.5 hours after we got in, which was fine since it gave us time to look around the resort and eat dinner. First ones on the bus - about a 15 - 20 minute wait before the bus left.

We stayed at All-Star Movies - we booked through Magical Journeys - Denise was AWESOME! She made sure to request a 101 Dalmations room for us - I really wanted to stay there since it's one of my fave Disney movies. Thanks to her request, we got a Dalmations room, no problem. Check in was quick - probably 10-15 minutes (we got to the hotel about 9 or 9:30 p.m.). Denise was also awesome in getting us a fridge in the room for free, since it was a medical expense - my boyfriend has gallstone problems, so he has to eat a low fat diet. Having a fridge made it SO much easier to follow his diet, since there aren't too many low-fat vegetarian options in the parks, especially since we ate counter-service. (We are lacto-ovo vegetarians...I'll go over how we fared with veg options later).

I liked ASMo a lot. There were a lot of kids, some very noisy around the pool and food court, but we didn't hear much, if anything, in our room (building 4 - room 4730). The only problem with ASMo - for some reason, the area between the food court and the pool smelled like poop or fertilizer or something a couple days we were there - gross! Thankfully we couldn't smell it inside the food court.

I was worried that since ASMo is last on the shuttle stops (ASSports and ASMu are before us) that we wouldn't find a seat on the shuttle, but that wasn't a problem. At worst, we had to stand. Only one or two times we didn't make it on the first shuttle that came, and that was because a lot of people were ahead of us at the Movies shuttle stop.

I wasn't too impressed with the food court. There weren't too many veg options, and not really any low-fat veg options for my boyfriend. He tried pasta with marinara sauce, but the pasta was really oily. I ended up giving him some of my cheese pizza (with the cheese peeled off, of course!).

We only ate breakfast in the food court once, but I wish we had done it more because it was a good experience. I think my bf got pancakes, which are usually pretty lowfat (the plain ones at least - hold the butter - maple syrup is okay because it is sugar, not fat). I got a Mickey waffle with strawberry topping - yummy! The side of breakfast potatoes were decent, but not good, in my opinion.

Whew! That's a lot of writing! Next post will start in on the theme parks!

tinkerbell04
01-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Thanks for sharing, looking forward to reading more:mickey:

RedheadWriter
01-14-2008, 02:35 PM
:thumbsup: Great report!

Hair_Razor
01-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the report it's interesting to hear about Veg. options my mom is mostly vegetarian (some fish and non-dairy) as well and we are going in Feb. so thanks for the info.

pdrlkr
01-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
01-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Thanks for sharing!!

faline
01-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Traveling cross country can be quite tiring!

Glad you enjoyed your resort!

Bethis26fan
01-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks for sharing.