PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ate at Capn Jacks in DTD???

DDuck66
01-14-2008, 11:28 AM
We are making a quick run to DTD on the 26th before taking my DW to Arabian Nites for her B-day. We usually eat CS at WGPE but it is closed for refurbishment so we made an ADR for Cptain Jacks. Has anyone eaten there before and how was it???

WishingStar2006
01-14-2008, 11:54 AM
we ate there last August and it was really good - much to my surprise.

try the crab cake appetizer....it's wonderful.

Enjoy!

JoDisney
01-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Click on Info Central at this site. Then click on Dining,and then Walt Disney Dining Guide. Scroll all the way down to click on Menus. See Downtown Disney. Then Click on Cap'n Jacks. We went last year and it was good.

jwildflower1981
01-14-2008, 02:30 PM
We went in December of '07 and absolutely loved it. My DH had the potroast and said it was as good as his momma's...lol...and I had the twin lobster tails. For app we had the shrimp cocktail and a ceaser salad. Dessert way good too, however I don't remember what we had, I just know it was good. Enjoy, have a great trip!!!!

#1donaldfan
01-14-2008, 02:44 PM
This is good to know....we're planning on dinning there this years trip.....now there are two great seafood eateries at DtD.....Fulton's and Capn' J's.......thanks...:mickey:

MickeyMousse
01-14-2008, 04:37 PM
After reading the other posts, maybe we ate there on a bad night!
Ate there on our last trip......I'd give it an "ok" rating. My DS's had chicken strips and PB&J-nothing special. My DH and I both had the twin lobster tails. They were served quickly but were lukewarm at best. I would have sent it back if we could have found our waitress!The crab cake appetizers were too mushy for our taste. (want great crab cakes:The Turf Club at SSR :thumbsup: )
Dessert was the "hot molten lava cake"-but mine had no lava!
It was a "been there, done that" experience for us. We won't be going back.

Tez
01-14-2008, 05:33 PM
We ate there a couple times ago and were not impressed and will not go back. It seemed kind of dated and not all that clean in the area we ate and the food was average. I would rather eat at Fulton's.

Natazu
01-14-2008, 07:29 PM
We've been a few times. The food has always been good though they have a very limited menu. We haven't been since they took the lobster off the dining plan but I remember the crab cakes were great and Rachel loved the clam chowder.

2disneyfans
01-14-2008, 08:21 PM
We haven't been since they took the lobster off the dining plan but I remember the crab cakes were great and Rachel loved the clam chowder.

When did they take the lobster off the dining plan? We ate there in June 2007 and they were still on the plan, so it must have been sometime after that! WOW, that is disappointing! :(

The crabcakes WERE very good too!:thumbsup:

Natazu
01-14-2008, 09:40 PM
We haven't been since they took the lobster off the dining plan but I remember the crab cakes were great and Rachel loved the clam chowder.

When did they take the lobster off the dining plan? We ate there in June 2007 and they were still on the plan, so it must have been sometime after that! WOW, that is disappointing! :(

The crabcakes WERE very good too!:thumbsup:

Let me rephrase, The Add-on Lobster isn't part of the dining plan. The Twin Lobster Tail dinner entree is still on the DDP.

DizneyFreak2002
01-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Cap'n Jack's is great.... Ate there for the first time last May... I enjoyed it.... I am heading down in October, and, hopefully I will dine there again...

PrincessCandaceMarie
01-16-2008, 02:15 PM
I love Captain Jack's too! Its yummy!:thumbsup:

DDuck66
01-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks for all the responses. We have our ADR for Saturday the 26th and hopefully it will be as good as most of you have said. I will give a quick review when we get back.
THANKS fellow Intercotees!!!!!

SteveL
01-17-2008, 01:11 PM
We have always enjoyed the food there. One thing I like when I'm travelling alone is that I can get a meal at the bar instead of sitting at a table by myself.

NJ Camper
01-17-2008, 05:27 PM
We have been there a few times and the only problem we had was that if you didn't have adr's you would have a hard time getting in but that was the same everywhere but very good food if you get in :thumbsup:

DDuck66
01-18-2008, 09:47 AM
We have been there a few times and the only problem we had was that if you didn't have adr's you would have a hard time getting in but that was the same everywhere but very good food if you get in :thumbsup:

We ahve our ADR's for Saturday the 26th at 1:00 pm. Thanks for everyone's input!!!!