PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 WDW Activities Outside the Parks...

WriteDisney
01-14-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm planning our trip for Sept 08 and wondering what activities you look forward to doing outside of the parks. This could be anything from dining at a resort restaurent (like victoria and alberts), hitting the waterparks, shopping at resort hotels, the boardwalk, boating, fishing, etc. Not really looking for anything in Orlando just in the 'world.' Looking to see what you like to do and maybe I'll add that to my activities for our next trip!

I'll start:
1- Walking the boardwalk. I love everything about it. The sounds, the smells... it's just loads of fun. I also love taking pictures in that little photo booth. For me this is a must outside of the parks.
2- Shopping in downtown disney. I usually like to save this for the last day.
3- I'd really like to go to a marina somewhere in the world and rent a boat. I haven't done this yet but I might in the future. Anyone ever rent anything at a marina in the world?
4- Dining! I love trying out restaurants in the resort hotels. Last time I did concourse steakhouse (and its a good thing since it will be closing before I get to go back). My next trip I'm planning on hitting Ohana's and possibly Boma (anyone been?). A great way to see the disney magic in different hotels (that maybe I'll get a chance to stay at in the future).
5- The waterparks! I've only been to typhoon lagoon but that was a blast. In Sept I'm thinking of adding the waterparks and trying out both!

Well what do you think? What activities do you look forward to on your trip (besides the fantastic amusements we get inside the park)?

BigRedDad
01-14-2008, 11:13 AM
#1 Boardwalk
#2 Pleasure Island
#3 Disney Quest
#4 Resort Poolside Bar
#5 Childhood memory - FW Campfire

DDuck66
01-14-2008, 11:36 AM
1. Dinner at ESPN Zone (Hockey fanatic)
2. Shops at DTD
3. Resort Hopping during the holidays(Take transportation to other resorts).
4. Riding the monorail (much like resort hopping)
5. Using the photopass to make scrapbooks.

laprana
01-14-2008, 05:07 PM
1. Resort hopping - I love just seeing all the other resorts, eating at different resort CS and TS places, and visiting their gift shops. All the resorts at WDW are so unique and fantastic that we could spend a day or 2 just resort hopping!
2. Shopping at DTD - Have to hit the World of Disney and Pin Traders at least once during each trip
3. Miniature Golf - WDW has 2 really cute mini golf courses, Fantasia Golf and Winter Summerland. We've always had a good time doing this.
4. Visiting the Boardwalk - Always lots to see and do, and just a very nice, relaxed atmosphere.
5. Just relaxing at the resort for a little while. It's a nice breather from the parks and a good chance to regain some energy to go back to the parks! :mickey:

WriteDisney
01-14-2008, 10:07 PM
I never thought about minature golf that would be a fun idea! Keep em coming! :number1:

Tink#64
01-14-2008, 10:47 PM
On our last trip we rode the water taxi's several times and had great fun doing that! We rode over to the Boardwalk & had dinner & shopped! We repeated this journey & walked over to Fantasia Gardens for putt putt & had a lot of fun there. We too enjoy visiting other resorts for dinner, shopping & seeing the sights. Last trip we had dinner at the WCC at the WL & then walked out to the boat dock & watched the Floating Electrical Water Pageant for our 1st time. That was cool! Then we rode the boat over to MK & we got to watch Wishes from the water. What a spectacular view! I would highly recommend that! We too are planning to visit the AKL & check it out this year & have dinner at Boma's! I've heard a lot of good things about Boma on here! :thumbsup:

January-2007
01-15-2008, 09:39 AM
1. Eating an early dinner at 'Ohana and then walking along the beach, so pretty!

2. Driving to the Polynesian and getting a self serve Dole Whip and then eat it poolside.

3. Playing cards in the Solitarium at the Beach Club Villas.

4. Pleasure Island! Shopping and going to the Comedy Club.

5. Going to the petting farm at Fort Wilderness then going to the campfire movie.