PDA

View Full Version : Magic Moments to Buy, Make, Pack, Plan Ahead!

RoosMomKanga
01-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Just beginning to plan for our last minute 25th Anniversary trip in Feb. I pulled out the info from our past trips and ran across a few:cool: things I thought were worth sharing...since I haven't been on Intercot in some years (too long between trips!). Most of these we've done for the kids, but even though it's an adult only trip this time I think I'm going to buy some "Mickey Gifts" (see below) for my DH to pack for this trip. I know years ago when I shared this a gentleman was so excited about buying Goofy themed Mickey Gifts for his wife's birthday trip! Can I get an Anniversary button at the resort for DH, and do I need to request it ahead of time?

What do you plan ahead/pack that's special? Here's ours:

--Mickey Gifts:mickey:: Every trip we have :shop:prebought, wrapped, and packed small gifts for each of our children. Mickey comes to the hotel and leaves each of them one or two small gifts under the bed each day (they believe all the kids get these, don't they?). It doesn't have to be anything expensive (you can get Disney items at the dollar store now) and it can relate to what you'll be doing that day (they got a luau type shirt with an invite from Mickey to the luau one trip on that day). I tried to keep the items small in case they insist on taking it with them to the parks, you can just pop it in their fanny pack. Ideas over the years (all with a Disney theme of course): guest of honor badges with their names, clothing, accessories (jewlery/hair things for my girl:princess:, character sunhats for my boys-Goofy one with the huge front with teath and the ears that cover their ears is great, and sunglasses for all...my daughter wore her Minnie star sunglasses everyday), slippers, baseball caps that I personalized with their favorite character iron-ons, small toys-something they can do in lines, light up items for the night parades, autograph items, stickers/pencils/postcards to send, lanyards & pins to trade (this was such a hit to get a few new pins to trade each day), cassettes (OK I'm getting old...my DD is 20 now...she was 4 when we had a personal cassette player for her to wear at the parks and Mickey gave here cassettes with the ride music and parade music...a hit) or cd's-listen to in lines, morning items-toothbrushes or Disney "shaving kits/foam" for the boys, etc. It's a great way to get them out of :alarm:bed in the morning with a smile on their face...what's more fun than unwrapping a gift from Mickey! (and after throwing away all the gift packaging you'll have more room on the way home for your purchases and it keeps your kids from begging for too many souvenirs).

--Autograph Items: We've given the usual books as Mickey Gifts, but also one year it was T-shirts that we personalized with clip art iron-on's (you can buy the special printer paper many places now) of characters and the kid's names. We took a small flat plastic box and rubber banded a portion of the T-shirt across the box (so the fabric is flat and tight) for each character to sign with different colored sharpies (some near their small iron-on character if it was on their--or you can add the iron on's later). I did this another year with light colored baseball caps and they autographed them. Not sure what the rules are now for what they'll autograph (I know the rules were they wouldn't autograph something you're wearing).

--Disney Temporary Tattoos: We make our own (lots of free clip art online and you can also get this special paper for your printer most places). Heck, this was 6 years ago...they probably sell these now?!

--Mousekeeping Envelopes: We get the kids involved in decorating these.

--Special Cards/Drawings for CM's/Characters: One year we were at Disney for Mother's Day with my sister's family. We planned a meal on Mother's Day at the 50's Prime Time. I had each of the kids make a card before the trip and give it to our "Mom" waitress at our meal...what a hit...she brought everyone over to the Fridge to put it on display! Have your kids make a card for their favorite character to give to them...or just to a great CM! If it's your kid's birthday, have them give out birthday drawings they've made of them with a character and watch all the extra attention they'll get on their big day!

Happy Planning!

tinklover
01-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Wow Thank you for the great ideas. we are 143 days out and this is something that i can do to keep me busy til we go. I will be on a hunt for the tattoo printer paper.

jokat
01-14-2008, 10:50 PM
All I can say is, "WOW!" You sound like super Mom!

Your question: "Can I get an Anniversary button at the resort for DH, and do I need to request it ahead of time?"

I'm not sure about at the resort, but I do know they have them at City Hall in MK! Visit the shopping forum and you'll easily find the phone number for calling to order all things Disney World...maybe they can ship it to you ahead of time?? Maybe even post this question over there...those folks will know for sure!

Have a great trip and Happy Anniversary! Celebrating 25 years is awesome! :thumbsup:

Here we go again...
01-15-2008, 04:56 AM
These are some great ideas. I am going to have to share them with my daughter so we can start planning for our November vacation.
It will be my grandson's first trip so I know he will have fun with this!

RoosMomKanga
01-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Got my special printer papers (tattoo and Iron-ons) at WalMart, but they probably have this most places now.

Anyone have other ideas you make/plan ahead?:)

Hull-onian
01-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Wow!!!! You have some magical ideas. The only thing I have done for the kids is get them a Disney gift basket with an autograph book, pen, a camera, snacks, and most importantly their first official EARS. They were soooo excited :yay: with their gift that they thought Mickey delivered it to their room.:mickey:

Hair_Razor
01-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Can you come over and help me!!! I thought I was a plan-a-holic! :D You are putting me to shame I'm going to have to up my game!! How fun!:thumbsup: