PDA

View Full Version : SoG Overflow rates

aabshagen
01-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Does anyone know what kind of overflow rates SoG is giving for April? We are hopefully going during this time and have a member that could get us into SoG however on their site it states they are full and that we need to contact them to get overflow rates. I don't want to spend the time talking with them if the overflow rates aren't comparable to AAA discounts and the like.

Or is there other benefits of doing the SoG overflow rates than the discounts?

BrerGnat
01-15-2008, 01:41 AM
Honestly, in the time it took you to post this, you could have gotten an answer from SOG. I have called them a few times and they are very quick on the phone...

In the past, overflow rates could be between 15-40%. That was prior to the refurb, however, so I'm not sure.

kakn7294
01-15-2008, 05:27 AM
A AAA rate would be only 10 - 15% off so I would definately contact Shades if I were you. It can't hurt and might save you a bundle on a great room.

mudpuppysmom
01-15-2008, 09:25 AM
I think that overflow rates are better than AAA rates, but again -- I think it depends on when you are going.

As for looking at their site and knowing they don't have room -- don't count that as the truth. I have called a few times and when I said they website said they were full -- they were in fact not full!! So, there may still be rooms available!!

CandleontheWater
01-15-2008, 08:58 PM
The overflow rates I've been quoted have been really close to the SoG rate that I pay. This has been for moderate and value resorts.

aabshagen
01-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Unfortunately we have had to cancel the trip at this point. Maybe later this year we will be able to schedule another trip.