PDA

View Full Version : CBR Pool

micurealsoon
01-14-2008, 12:39 AM
Well, we just booked our next trip to Disney. It sure feels like the time between trips is getting shorter and shorter. Anyway, my wife wanted to stay at Caribbean Beach and I wanted to stay at Port Orleans. So we booked Caribbean Beach. We will be going at the end of April and yes we know the themed pool will be closed for rehab. We did not plan to be doing much swimming in April anyway. My question is what impact will closing the main themed pool have on the resort? We have never been to this resort and were wondering if it would impact the walk to the food court? Would the resort be any less crowded with guests preferring to stay at other hotels? Would any other services be impacted?

PetefromRI
01-14-2008, 09:04 AM
First of all,the CBR is our favorite moderate resort.It's really beautiful.We talked to a CM in September about the rehab since we are going in May and she said that there may be some noise and dust from the construction.The're rebuilding the entire pool and pool area which is right next to the foodcourt so we opted for POFQ instead.We didn't want to chance ruining our trip and we spend alot of time at the resort when we go.The CM also said that it may be a bit smelly from the epoxy they use.She'd probably get fired by Disney if they knew she was telling people this.I think that Disney should give a big discount if you opt to stay here but I wouldn't count on that.

DDuck66
01-14-2008, 10:49 AM
I would imagine that if you stay at Jamaica and or Aruba, that you will not notice the construction unless you walk to the food court. The resort has an internal shuttle that just goes around the "islands". You can use it if you do not want to walk near the construction area.

CleveRocks
01-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Other than the obvious fact that you can't use the main pool, there is only one other minor inconvenience.

Normally, if you are in Trinidad North or Trinidad South, you could walk along the pleasant Promenade (which runs next to the lake) and then through the main pool area to get to Old Port Royale, the central complex that has the food court, shops, etc.

But since the pool complex is closed off, if you are walking from that direction you now have to walk along the parking lot instead. You won't be dodging cars or anything, they have a strip along the edge set aside as a walkway. In fact, it's probably a more direct route to OPR than the Promenade, it just lacks the ambience of the path along the lake.