PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Giants

JPL
01-13-2008, 09:18 PM
What a shocker I really thought they were going to blow it at the end there.

Go Big Blue!!!!!

RedheadWriter
01-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Today's games were very surprising! Glad your team won! :)

WDWfanatic742
01-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Both games today were surprising. Now out of the three teams left, can any of them beat New England? :confused:

I sure hope so :D

DisneyGiant
01-13-2008, 10:56 PM
What a shocker I really thought they were going to blow it at the end there.

Go Big Blue!!!!!

You and me both!!! The most nerve wracking 30 seconds of my life (or so it seemed at the time - lol).

For a while - it looked like our defense couldn't stop them...... they helped with all those penalties too!!!!

Beast_fanatic
01-13-2008, 10:57 PM
:woohoo: :yay: :joy: :woohoo:

Ian
01-14-2008, 06:47 AM
Not to take anything away from the Giants because they did play a pretty good game, but they won this game because Dallas was in over their heads more than anything else.

I mean those last two drives for Dallas were pathetic! I think on the 2nd to the last they went backwards more than they did forwards. I mean could Flozell Adams jump offsides just one more time?? Although I think that was more Guruode's fault than anything else ... dude apparently forgot how to snap a football.

Honestly, I think there have to be some serious questions asked about Tony Romo. This is two years in a row when he's essentially fallen apart in the last few weeks of the season and the playoffs. Not good ... plus the whole thing with him going on vacation and all makes me wonder how focused he really is.

Anyway, congrats to the Giants. Big deal playing in the NFC Championship game! I'll be (of course) rooting for Green Bay next weekend. Should be a good game, though. I think these two teams match up well and will put on a show!

alpro2
01-14-2008, 07:56 AM
Talk about pathetic.....did you see the interview with TO crying about Romo being his quarterback?

Ian
01-14-2008, 08:07 AM
I've heard sound bites, but somehow I missed this whole thing last night. I have to try and track it down on the Web somewhere ...

T.O. crying ... I gotta see this!!

BTW, my earlier post may not have given the Giants enough credit. I mean watching the game, you were struck by how inept the Cowboys looked, but in further analysis I suspect that a lot of that was due to how the Giants defense was playing. They really put the heat on Romo, took T.O. and Witten out of the game, and in general just made life miserable for the Cowboy's O.

I will admit that I underestimated this Giants team quite a bit. I still don't buy into Eli at all and I think, outside of Brandon Jacobs, their offense is suspect across the board, but their defense is something else entirely. That pass rush is ferocious.

Eli, though ... I dunno ... 12 of 18 for 163 yards? Not exactly set-the-world-on-fire numbers. If, in fact, the best QB wins in the playoffs, the Giants have their work cut out for them next week.

But I won't bet against them ... the way they've played on the road this season has been remarkable. I think they're fully capable of pulling off another upset and making it to the Super Bowl.

JPL
01-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Eli, though ... I dunno ... 12 of 18 for 163 yards? Not exactly set-the-world-on-fire numbers. If, in fact, the best QB wins in the playoffs, the Giants have their work cut out for them next week.

Those actually remind me alot of Phil Simms type numbers :thumbsup:

And we all Defense wins football games for the most part as well as Championships.

alpro2
01-14-2008, 09:57 AM
T.O. crying ... I gotta see this!!

"It's unfair to talk about his vacation. It's unfair....he's my quarterback(sniff, sniff)." :ack:

Ian
01-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Those actually remind me alot of Phil Simms type numbers :thumbsup:

And we all Defense wins football games for the most part as well as Championships.Or Ben Roethlisberger numbers from a few years ago.

As for the "defense wins championships" argument ... tell that to the Patriots. They're going to win this year and they're going to do it on the back of their offense. Their defense is just okay.

GothMickey
01-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Never assume, Ian, never assume. Nothing against the Patriots, they are a great team. I feel they can be beat. They just have so many weapons. If anyone does beat them, and I think it can be done, that team will have to play one heck of a game. I think either the Giants or the Packers can really give the Patriots a run for their money in the Super Bowl. One thing is for sure, neither team will lie down for them. The Patriots are going to have to earn it.

PirateLover
01-14-2008, 03:03 PM
My best friend's bf is from north jersey and is a Giants fan. I was over their place yesterday for the game. All the other Eagles fans were outright cheering for the Giants... not me though. I mean they are the lesser of 2 evils for me but no way I'm high fiveing over it! But It was an intense game. I love it when it goes down to the wire (and my team isn't involved, of course!)

I still don't buy into Eli at all
The family of my friend's bf calls Eli the "Fredo" of the Manning family. Also did you ever notice how he never blinks...;)

Ian
01-14-2008, 03:53 PM
The family of my friend's bf calls Eli the "Fredo" of the Manning family. Also did you ever notice how he never blinks...Have you ever seen the movie Twins with Danny DeVito and Ahhhnold?

I think Peyton is Julius and Eli is the Vincent of the Manning family. ;)

Seriously ... that dude always has this vacant look on his face, like he's never really sure exactly what's going on. I can't believe he's the sharpest tool in the shed, really.

As far as the Patriots being beatable ... I'd love to agree, but how can I argue with 17-0???

RedheadWriter
01-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Ian wrote:
As far as the Patriots being beatable ... I'd love to agree, but how can I argue with 17-0???

No argument here...

DizneyFreak2002
01-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Can't argue with a 17-0 record.... I would be extremely shocked if the Patriots lose to the Chargers.... I'd be extremely shocked in they don't win it all... They are just too good....

Scar
01-15-2008, 12:53 PM
:muscles: Wow, what an UGLY game. I think I just started breathing again.
... outside of Brandon Jacobs, their offense is suspect across the board, but their defense is something else entirely. That pass rush is ferocious.The offensive line is playing great. Zero penalties last week.
If, in fact, the best QB wins in the playoffs, the Giants have their work cut out for them next week.Luckily, the best QB next week is also prone to throwing 4 int's any given game :thumbsup:

Epc0tphr34k
01-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Seriously ... that dude always has this vacant look on his face, like he's never really sure exactly what's going on. I can't believe he's the sharpest tool in the shed, really.

i noticed the same thing, ian, and joe buck and troy aikman have started to say he always looks like he is calm, cool and collect and to me he looks like he has no idea where he is or what he is doing, but aikman kinda has that same look so maybe he is really defending himself

Ian
01-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Luckily, the best QB next week is also prone to throwing 4 int's any given game :thumbsup:No one knows that better than me ... I've seen Favre chuck up some ducks in playoff games against the Eagles, believe me. Probably most memorably in the "4th and 26" game a few years back.

I find it sort of surprising that most people seem convinced that the Giants can't win this week. I think they have a decent shot to pull off the upset. They're a good team, man. Much better than I gave them credit for.

I still don't believe in Eli, but you can't argue with that defense and they make just enough plays on the offensive side of the ball to get it done.

In many ways, they remind me of the Steelers team that won that Super Bowl for Cowher. They have a tough, tough defense ... a punishing running game ... and a QB they keep on a very short leash to prevent him from losing games for them. It's almost that Brian Billick/Baltimore Ravens philosophy and it's been proven to work a couple times in recent years.

As completely painful as this is for me to admit, I think the Giants at least have a good shot at winning it all.

JPL
01-18-2008, 03:53 AM
As completely painful as this is for me to admit, I think the Giants at least have a good shot at winning it all.

:jaw::scratch::rub:

Wow does this mean other Eagle Fans will clip your wings and pluck your feathers ;)

joanna71985
01-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Good luck Giants!!:number1:

Ian
01-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Wow does this mean other Eagle Fans will clip your wings and pluck your feathers ;)Nah ... most Eagles fans don't hate the Giants the way they do the Cowboys.

I'm just happy they knocked off those dirty-stinkin'-rotten-Star wearin'-frauds from Dallas!

tinksmom02
01-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Just barely, but they did it!!!!!!!!!!

I'm realistic, I know they won't win the superbowl, but hey! THEY"RE IN THE SUPERBOWL!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!

Sorry, I'm just a little excited!

joanna71985
01-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Woohoo!! Way to go Giants!!:number1:

PirateLover
01-20-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm realistic, I know they won't win the superbowl, but hey! THEY"RE IN THE SUPERBOWL!!!

Hey, ya never know. I'm of the opinion that when your team is in the super bowl you just go all in.
What a crazy game though. As much as I dislike the Giants, they did deserve to win this one. I am completely lost for the Super Bowl... I really don't want the Pats to win but I just can't bring myself to root for the Giants. I guess I'll just have to sit back, enjoy my junk food and commercials and watch the game objectively.

Melanie
01-20-2008, 11:22 PM
As an impartial fan, what a great game! I found myself pulling for both teams. Congrats to the Giants! I can't even imagine the feeling of being Archie and Olivia Manning and having two of your sons in back to back Super Bowls. Wow!

I don't really think the Giants can stop that Patriot machine either (although they didn't look great today), but here's hoping for a good game - and a Giant win! :football:

Goofyjrzgrl
01-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Keep the faith!!! GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DisneyGiant
01-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Big Blue is going to the Super Bowl!!!!!!

Way to go - gentlemen!!!!!!!!!!

Jimenyfan
01-21-2008, 07:32 AM
Hey, ya never know. I'm of the opinion that when your team is in the super bowl you just go all in.
What a crazy game though. As much as I dislike the Giants, they did deserve to win this one. I am completely lost for the Super Bowl... I really don't want the Pats to win but I just can't bring myself to root for the Giants. I guess I'll just have to sit back, enjoy my junk food and commercials and watch the game objectively.

As one Eagles fan to another I feel the same way. :mickey:

goofhook
01-21-2008, 07:49 AM
Well the Giants only lost by three in the regular season to the Pats... As long as Manning does no throw INT's just like he's doing now, I'd say they've got a great shot.

DizneyFreak2002
01-21-2008, 11:10 AM
SUPER BOWL!!!! Holy cow, I can't believe it... Honestly, I am still shocked, a day later... I am thrilled they made it... Now, on to victory Big Blue...

Ian
01-21-2008, 04:59 PM
I am completely lost for the Super Bowl... I really don't want the Pats to win but I just can't bring myself to root for the Giants.:ditto: except I'm going to pull for the Pats. It KILLS me, but I simply cannot root for the Giants under any circumstances.

I can't even imagine the feeling of being Archie and Olivia Manning and having two of your sons in back to back Super Bowls. Wow!That is pretty amazing ... I can't imagine the pride they must feel in their sons. Never been done before!

As one Eagles fan to another I feel the same way. :mickey:Yeah, I mean ... ouch ... what a painful year to be an Eagles fan ...

Melanie
01-21-2008, 08:02 PM
:ditto: except I'm going to pull for the Pats. It KILLS me, but I simply cannot root for the Giants under any circumstances.

Come on Ian - being a fan of an NFC team, think of it as rooting for the NFC over the AFC.

joanna71985
01-21-2008, 10:39 PM
I really think the Giants can beat NE. It is in their favor:
lost to Dallas 2x- beat them in the playoffs
lost to Green Bay- beat them in the playoffs
lost to New England- well, we'll find out

Besides, they are playing much better of late. And they only lost to them by 3 last time. Let's go Giants!!

Hammer
01-22-2008, 12:29 AM
There is no way I can root for the Patriots. I've managed to keep my opinion quiet all season. You can condemn me in Philadelphia, but I can't root for that lying, cheating (in more ways than one) coach or the poor behavior of so many of his players towards the history of the NFL and its Hall of Famers.

Melanie
01-22-2008, 12:50 AM
There is no way I can root for the Patriots. I've managed to keep my opinion quiet all season. You can condemn me in Philadelphia, but I can't root for that lying, cheating (in more ways than one) coach or the poor behavior of so many of his players towards the history of the NFL and its Hall of Famers.

So tell us how you really feel, Christine. :D

But seriously, I feel the same way. :yes:

DisneyGiant
01-23-2008, 08:18 PM
I really think the Giants can beat NE. It is in their favor:
lost to Dallas 2x- beat them in the playoffs
lost to Green Bay- beat them in the playoffs
lost to New England- well, we'll find out

Besides, they are playing much better of late. And they only lost to them by 3 last time. Let's go Giants!!

Let's Go Giants!!!!!!!

#1donaldfan
01-23-2008, 09:25 PM
I traditionally root for the AFC, but this year I cannot in good faith.......I just cant do it. I will stand in NY's corner and hope for the best. They've got a lot to overcome. If you can beat the offensive line of the pats you've got 'em.....rush / hurry Brady and he's going to falter.....he's just got the best line I've ever seen, I dare say ANY QB in the NFL could put up his type of numbers standing behind that line....GO NY......or at least the new commercials.....

joanna71985
01-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Let's Go Giants!!!!!!!

Amen!:D

Ian
01-25-2008, 08:26 AM
Come on Ian - being a fan of an NFC team, think of it as rooting for the NFC over the AFC.That's exactly why, with a few minor exceptions, I've always rooted for the AFC team in the Super Bowl on the 40+ occasions when the Eagles haven't made it.

NFC teams are the Eagles' rivals ... I want them to have ZERO success! And that goes quadruple for NFC East teams. It's bad enough we're the only team left in the division with no Super Bowl ring ... the last thing I want is for the Giants to have another one!

Melanie
01-25-2008, 05:59 PM
That's exactly why, with a few minor exceptions, I've always rooted for the AFC team in the Super Bowl on the 40+ occasions when the Eagles haven't made it.

NFC teams are the Eagles' rivals ... I want them to have ZERO success! And that goes quadruple for NFC East teams. It's bad enough we're the only team left in the division with no Super Bowl ring ... the last thing I want is for the Giants to have another one!

Hmmm, interesting take. I guess maybe I'm in the minority, but I feel the opposite (with a few minor exceptions ;) ).

Ian
01-25-2008, 08:36 PM
... (with a few minor exceptions ;) ).Would one of those exceptions start, perhaps, with E-A-G .... ?? :thedolls:

Melanie
01-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Would one of those exceptions start, perhaps, with E-A-G .... ?? :thedolls:

Yeah, now that you mention it. :thedolls:

PirateLover
01-26-2008, 02:48 AM
Yeah, now that you mention it. :thedolls:

;) You know it's funny... in almost every other sport I can root for the conference my team is in... but football is just really hard. Especially since for a while there it was always a team that beat the Eagles going on to the Super Bowl! I have a tough time rooting for teams that beat my team in the playoffs.... all that being said... as much as I despise the Giants, and how I previously said during the Giants-Dallas game that I still couldn't root for them... I really think I'm leaning towards them for the win. I dunno. I just really don't want the Pats to go all the way. :shrug: