PDA

View Full Version : How is the Orlando/Sanford airport?

Christine
01-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Found a discounted airline that flies here vs. MCO. Anyone flown there? Did you use Happy Limo or rent a car to get to WDW?

Beast_fanatic
01-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Magical Express only operates at MCO. It doesn't cover Sanford.

DreamFinder2
01-13-2008, 10:49 PM
We're flying in to SFB for the first time this March. I've read very positive things about it here at Intercot and elsewhere.

We're opting for Happy Limo. Used them 2x before and were very...happy. :D

Jeff
01-14-2008, 08:40 AM
We just flew into Sanford on Dec. 24 and out again on the 31st. We rented a car. It was so easy to get into and out of. Security was a breeze, no lines. It was much less hectic than MCO.

ThanxForNoticin
01-14-2008, 12:29 PM
They have done a nice job at the Sanford Airport. It's pretty easy in and out. We also rented a car, though, so I'm not sure about limo transportation. But with the number of folks flying into Sanford for central Florida destinations, I'm sure there are decent options.

laprana
01-14-2008, 04:53 PM
We flew into Sanford last summer and it couldn't have been easier! A lot less congested and hectic than MCO. We rented a car and drove to WDW. I think it took us about 30-45 minutes to get from the airport to our resort, but it was a pretty easy drive. There are several rental car companies on site at the airport, so you have lots of choices if you decide to go that route. We rented from Alamo and it was a breeze. The only bad thing was that Alamo location didn't participate in on-line check in, so the line there grew pretty long pretty fast. We were lucky and got there ahead of the crowd, but by the time we were leaving the building and going to pick out our car, the line was really long. So, that's something to consider. I'm not sure about the other rental companies, though. When we flew back home, we only waited for about 5 minutes to get through security and it was smooth sailing from there. :thumbsup:

Christine
01-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks for everyone's input! This sounds very doable! I am not big on driving in Orlando, and since I knew DME didn't use this airport, I wondered if anyone had done a town car (Happy Limo). I need to see if they pick up from there...

Thanks again for the advice! Sounds like this little airport is a wonderful alternative to crazy MCO!

dlpmikki
01-14-2008, 05:33 PM
The limos will pick up from there but it does cost more as it is a lot further away. I think it has improved since the one time I used it.

DreamFinder2
01-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Yes, a town car will run you about $190 from SFB as compared to $120 from MCO. Significant, but - IMHO - worth it.

Hope you have a great trip.