PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wilderness Pool Updates?

broadway_chick72
01-13-2008, 06:50 PM
My mom had read on another forum that the Fort Wilderness pool was about to get updated to look like the Wilderness Lodge Pool. I haven't seen anything about it. Has anyone heard about it?

splashtest
01-23-2008, 04:14 PM
I too would like to know this. I was going to book one of the cabins but decided not to because the pool was too old school, and unspectacular. I would like to know for future trips.

Magic Fanatic
01-24-2008, 10:35 AM
We camped at Ft Wilderness during the first week in December and I was told there was quite a bit up work planned for the campground. The first priority is the continued relplanting of the trees destroyed by the storms several years ago. This is also why so much underbrush has been taken out in some of the looks, the loss of trees let more sun in and let to the take over of the underbrush. The other item on the list was an upgrade of the Meadows Pool to bring it up to date with the other resorts. Included with this upgrade would be a waterslide for the kids. I also heard this from a lifeguard at the Meadows Pool as well, but both people also stated that there is no time table for these improvements. So, I guess we will wait and see.

May524
01-24-2008, 11:25 AM
I haven't heard anything, but the pools definetly need a face lift! It would be great if they were as nice as any of the other pools on property!

Figment!
01-24-2008, 11:52 AM
There have been reports that Disney had representatives at the recent Florida Supershow RV Convention to promote the Fort Wilderness Campground.

The representatives reportedly were sharing promotional material that depicted a new pool, a new class of camp site, and new camp site locations.

So far little evidence (ex. the actual promotional material) has been shared to support the claims of these reports, thusly these plans have not been fully confirmed at-this-time.