PDA

View Full Version : AAA Package with Convention Rate Tickets?

RoosMomKanga
01-13-2008, 10:25 AM
We're going early to French Quarter for a few days before a Convention (Feb. 9-12). I've found the best ticket rates are the Convention offer we received (and they throw in a Pleasure Island visit which we'll want). I want to know if I can book the AAA MYW Package and still get the Convention Rate tickets (I'm guessing not)? I'd like to add the dining plan this time to try it out, but I don't want to throw away money since we're purchasing 3Day Hopper tickets and are saving through the Convention rate. AAA is closed today...Sunday. Is there another way to add just the dining plan if you've already got tickets? Is there a set rate just to purchase dining (and how do you do this)? Thanks!

CleveRocks
01-13-2008, 10:37 AM
The Disney Dining Plan must be booked as part of a package. It can't be booked as an a la carte option.

I know nothing about special promotions for conventions. But I know WDW's general rule that they do not "stack" discounts. In other words, as far as I know, they allow you to use only one type of discount per package.

Niecyboo
01-13-2008, 02:11 PM
I can speak from experience, since my family's last trip to WDW was for a convention my husband got to go to (ironic huh?). Anyway, you cannot get dining with the convention rates. You have to purchase a package with at least one day of tickets to get the dining added on. The convention rate on the hotel and tickets made it less expensive to purchase our meals out of pocket on this particular trip.

Are you also getting a convention rate on your room reservations? If not, you may want to go with the convention tickets and a AAA room only discount.

vamaggie
01-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Don't know if this would work but could you buy the tickets only from the convention rate and then do a package (through AAA or Magical Journeys) with a 1 day ticket (which you could save for a future trip) which would allow you to add on the dining? Don't know if this works out better (or if it's an option) but thought I'd add my 2 cents.

RoosMomKanga
01-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks all...I called CRS about the Dining and they said I can't do it without a complete package. I did book the room only AAA rate at POFQ (much better than the Convention rate...AAA is 20% off moderates during value season so it's $119.20 + taxes/night). I went ahead just now and booked the Convention Rate park tickets...3 day PHP for 2 (incl. a one time PI multi club ticket for each of us) w/taxes $475.42...I'm happy with that! $80 a day for the park is still a lot in my book though...short visits really don't get a break in the new pricing plan. Guess we'll just do dining on our own...I was hoping you could just add this seperately so I could try it out on a shorter visit and see how it went...oh well, next time! Thanks:thumbsup: Just another reason to return.