PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Cruise Review

NewmanFamily6
01-13-2008, 10:07 AM
We just returned from our 7 day eastern cruise. The kids loved the clubs activities on board. DD 10 especially loved it and never wanted to leave. St Maarten was beautiful and the whole family enjoyed the butterfly farm. St Thomas was fabulous as well. Castaway Cay was a lot of fun for everyone. My only issue with it was that at lunch when the waiters collect your tray they took off with mine before I had a chance to advise them my camera was on it:( So the disposable camera I had with all of the pictures of St Thomas and the kids at the pool are gone. I searched out a waiter and he referred my issue to his boss Fritz who said I'm sorry but you can check lost and found later. Of course nothing at lost and found so all those pictures are lost. Overall we had a great cruise other than the pictures. I do think they should have more Adult activities to do since the children never want to leave their area. We will sail DCL again but hopefully not lose the photos this time:mickey:

TammiMcMan
01-13-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm glad your family had such a good time on the cruise. I'm just sorry about the loss of your camera. Unfortunately, it probably went right into the trash.

ElenitaB
01-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Amanda, thanks for letting us know how the cruise went. Sorry about the camera :( (but sure am glad that it wasn't your digital camera).

I'm really interested to know how the weather was, and particularly, how it was at CC. Warm enough to go into the water? Thanks!

DisneyDudet
01-13-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm so sorry about your camera. Hopefully you still have other great pictures.

When we went on the eastern this time last year, we had no problem finding adult activities. We REALLY enjoyed the Art of Entertaining series, and the guests speaker lectures about Disney parks. What kind of activities did they have for you?

I don't know about this year, but last year the water at CC was a little chilly. Of course, that didn't stop many! I waded.. but was way too cold!

I loved the Eastern, and plan on going again! I'm glad you enjoyed your time!

NewmanFamily6
01-14-2008, 04:34 PM
CC's water was cold but it didn't stop the kiddies:cool:The weather was in the 80's the day we were there. The first 2 days of our cruise were chilly because the wind was so bad. We had a great time and did go to some of the Art of Entertaining series. Jon Charles at night was hilarious. Our thing was unlike the children there were not continuous daily offerings all day for adults. There were often large gaps of time with nothing to do:shrug: Some days it was so windy that you couldn't really sit out and relax. My husband is so used to working that it was really hard for him to not have something to do. We had a great time overall though.