PDA

View Full Version : Where can you "create your own light saber?'

junedis
01-13-2008, 09:05 AM
My son is a HUGE Star Wars fan and I heard you can create your own light saber. If anyone knows where, the cost and what they are like, I'd really appreciate any details. I think my son would love this. Thanks--------------------:mickey:

fielin
01-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Last year, I found this in the toy store at DTD. I can't remember the price but it was VERY affordable.

mitchsfan
01-13-2008, 10:50 AM
The cost is $19.99. It is really cool!

My wife wouldn't let me do it :(

comicguy
01-13-2008, 03:25 PM
You can do it at Once Upon A Toy at DTD

grumpypima
01-13-2008, 06:53 PM
What? :joy:You can create your own light saber? My 5 year old DS will go nuts! How COOL!!! What exactly do you get to create? The colors of the light saber??? We will go to DTD our first night!!

I love these boards! :grouphug: Intercot Rocks!!!

fielin
01-14-2008, 04:30 AM
You can choose between different colors, different handles, one or two blades, etc... This allows for a really unique lightsaber.

This is comparable to the Star Wars Ultimate Lightsaber kit that is sold on Amazon.com, except that you have to choose what you take, instead of having it all for yourself !

Just type 'Star Wars Ultimate Lightsaber' on amazon, and you'll have a good idea of what is offered.

DisneyDog
01-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Can you safely take it on an airplane to get it home?

thrillme
01-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Can you safely take it on an airplane to get it home?

I don't see why not??? I'd probably be more inclined to pack it in the luggage to keep kids from trying to play with it.

This is something I'd like to try next trip. My 12 year old and 42 year old will totally love it.

Rekced
01-15-2008, 02:29 PM
They also give you the required batteries to make it work, and you get to choose either a jedi or sith pin.

There are also several "crystals" you can get to make it play different lightsaber noises as you swing it around.

It really isn't too bad of a value.

My wife did let me get one :) She finally told me to go make one right when we should have been heading back to our hotel to get ready for our departing flight as I was moping around all bummed out.

prprincess
01-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Does anyone have a pic of theirs that they could possibly PM me? Hubby's a huge Star Wars fan and is interested.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-16-2008, 11:01 PM
you guys have made me want to get one of these... tsk tsk... lol