PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier Mussels

Bethis26fan
01-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Can some one tell me a little about the Prince Edward Island Mussels. Like are they in the shell or out, or if anyone has a picture of it. Thanks in advance.

Niecyboo
01-12-2008, 10:53 PM
This is my 13 year old daughters favorite dish in all of Disneyworld! She's at a friends but I'll ask her for more details tomorrow. I do remember that the mussels are in their shell and that it is more like a soup. They come in a giant bowl and she eats them as her entire meal (along with more pretzel breadsticks than most adults could eat).

I'll make sure she posts tomorrow. I know she'll love sharing. We've just started planning for next December and the first thing she said was "that means smoked salmon at Akerhause and mussles in Canada"

Polynesian Dweller
01-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Yep, they are served in the shell. Mussels have to be cooked in the shell. If they open when cooked they are OK if they don't open they aren't and that's the test to know they are safe.

They are served in a bowl with a chowder (soup) that has potato and bacon pieces. Really excellent.:thumbsup:

Don't have a picture unfortunately.

LandFan
01-12-2008, 11:39 PM
I don't have a pic either but they are my favorite dish too! They are in a bacon and potato chowder that is fabulous - They are sweeter mussels than you might be used to eating. They are less musty tasting. We spent our honeymoon on PEI and learned about how they are grown in freshwater rivers (like the Murray River) and suspended above the river bottom in nets so they don't get all that sand and dirt in them! They are really good.

Donald's Girl
01-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Niecyboo, your daughter has great taste! Those are 2 of our favorite things too! (Pretty unusual for a child of that age to like mussels and salmon.)
What does she think of the herrings at Akershus? They are another reason we never miss it.