PDA

View Full Version : Cruise in May or August - Which would you choose

DakotaDisney
01-12-2008, 06:40 PM
I need help.

I am looking at a Disney Cruise this year. 4 night Caribean, 2 stops at Castaway

I have never been on a cruise before.
I could only go in mid May or mid August.

Which would you choose?

Which is better for weather, crowds etc.?

Thanks!!!!

Ed
01-12-2008, 07:03 PM
In my mind, May, without any hesitation.

August is in the peak of hurricane season (think "cancellation or re-routing"), and can be brutally hot.

In May, the weather is much more moderate and crowds will likely be less due to most schools still being in session, unlike August when you're likely to find loads of people getting in those last-minute vacations before school re-opens.

disneydeb
01-12-2008, 07:42 PM
MAY!

because of hurricane season and the sooner the better!:D

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-12-2008, 08:13 PM
I agree...May all the way!

Better weather, less crowded, and no hurricanes :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
01-13-2008, 12:06 AM
Another person piping in for May. We vacationed at WDW in late August 2004 and spent three days in our room thanks to a hurricane. While DCL will reroute and make sure that you are out of harm's way, I don't think it would really be the most relaxing of vacations.

Plus, the weather in general will be better in May, just in terms of heat and humidity.

Enjoy the planning and the cruise!

DisneyDudet
01-13-2008, 04:44 AM
May would be my choice. I went the last or second to last week in May in 2002 (I know so long ago!) and we had one day of rain, out of the 4 days. It was the day at Nassau, but it lasted only until early afternoon, so the day was not all lost. I am pretty sure that some of the AM excursions were cancelled, though. We didn't have one, so we just stayed in, and ate and watched the extra movies they provided. After, we busted out of the ship and shopped! So, just so you know, the weather isn't always so peachy in May, but probably better chances of less SEVERE weather then. Think Florida in May.. lots of showers that can pop up!

Or you could go June 22 and join me!!!

PAMOUSELOVER
01-13-2008, 12:23 PM
We are hoiping to book May 11 on the wonder DOUBLE DIP TO CC! I have been told May is a great time to cruise with Disney.