PDA

View Full Version : Who's been at Easter?

Disneymom4ever
01-12-2008, 05:37 PM
I've read so many warnings about Easter week, but that's just how it worked out for us to go. (Spring break for the kids). Has anyone been there that week, how bad was it? We'll be there 3/21(Fri.), leaving for Universal on the 26th. I'm planning on AK on Sun (Easter). Are we absolutely nuts? I'm interested in anyone's experiences. Thanks! :mickey:

Sorry, I meant to put this under "vacation planning", if you'd like to move it that's great.

Christine
01-12-2008, 06:29 PM
I am going for the first time at Easter this year too, for the very same reason as you.

I'll tell you this: after spending this Christmas and New Years there, NOTHING scares me anymore! It will be fine! I definitely learned first hand that Disney is totally prepared for whatever masses it receives and things will run smoothly.

It's Disney...so in my book it's all good! :thumbsup:

MauiMouse
01-12-2008, 07:14 PM
I am going for the first time at Easter this year too, for the very same reason as you.

It's Disney...so in my book it's all good! :thumbsup:

:ditto:

I'll be there as well. I agree it's Disney and if I just wander around taking in the atmosphere I'm happy.

Hull-onian
01-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Well, we booked for Easter not realizing it was Easter. It was packed. MK had so many people that day, but the rest of the parks were okay. Like cantgetenuff said, It's all good.:thumbsup:

SBETigg
01-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Packed. But not as much when Easter comes early and school breaks across the country are staggered in schedule. This year, you may have a less packed, though probably still crowded, experience. I doubt it will be quite as packed as Christmas-New Year's week.

Jillirose
01-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Since you'll be on campus, you can take advantage of the early and late hours. Take advantage of the pool and great weather midday. I'd also make sure to get dining reservations, and consider transportation or planning alternatives in case of gridlock.

We were there at Easter and had a blast - the parks are prepared for it. We did experience some long waits and couldn't get off campus back to the hotel one afternoon, due to large amount of traffic

Jillirose
01-12-2008, 08:14 PM
I agree - the MK was the busiest. We went there first thing and left early afternoon.

busterthebronco
01-12-2008, 10:47 PM
its crowded.
sometimes real crowded.
as long as you accept the fact that your days wont be as "productive" it nice.
later park hours.
wonderful weather.
easter themeing. (sp)
we try to get off schedule asap.
we are night owls so we eat luch at 3:00, dinner at 9:00,stay in the parks until the last second.
when buster jr was a baby we did the opposite and it worked better.
lunch at 11:00, dinner at 5:00. be there when the rope dropped.
the biggest thing is itr will take an hour to ride one ride or whatever so pick something you really want to do each day and do that, the rest is just gravy.
one last thing, i get easter baskets delivered to the room on the actual day. just call the wdw florist.:secret:

Christine
01-12-2008, 11:09 PM
one last thing, i get easter baskets delivered to the room on the actual day. just call the wdw florist.:secret:

Oooooo, I really want to do this! After our fiasco with Christmas Eve (luggage never arriving on Santa's big night!) on our trip last month, I will leave nothing to chance on the Easter Bunny!

dteed
01-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Easter is rough, but not as bad as Christmas and New Years. We are going this year because my son is Marching down Main Street with his High School band on Good friday. It will be a quick trip for us including a Yankees game in Tampa on Sat.

Gottaluvgoof
01-13-2008, 09:23 AM
We went one year for the same reason. Kids off school, seemed like a great time. UGH! It was very crowded. We like to go during off peak times, so Easter was not good for us. I don't like hour long lines. Fast Pass as much as possible.

DisnIse
01-13-2008, 10:44 AM
I'm hoping that I didn't miss this question in an earlier post....

Does MK still do the Easter parade at all? I know it's no longer televised :mad:, but will we be able to see it at all on Easter weekend?

Disneymom4ever
01-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks, everyone, I'm definitely going to go with the attitude of knowing it will be very crowded, and just try and hit the highlights, then everything else will be a bonus! And just enjoy our time being there! We've actually been there for New Yrs Eve, so yep, I know crowds!! I've mentioned to the family a few times how crowded it will be, so they won't be too surprised. I have to say, last time we went in August, and the heat was awful, we did not do good. So at least we won't have that to deal with. I wonder, do they do anything special for Easter? Decorations, a bunny running around, a parade? :mickey:

Ian
01-13-2008, 06:31 PM
As long as you know what you're getting into and can tolerate massive crowds, then you'll be alright.

But went once at Easter (by mistake) and I'll never do it again. It was one of the worst experiences of my life ... 3 hour wait times ... spending 14 hours in a theme park just to get on 5 or 6 attractions ... food lines like you wouldn't believe ...

Not my thing. I know some people don't mind it (obviously, since the parks PACKED with people ;) ), but no ... no thanks. I'll take the kids out of school and go when it's slow. Can't deal with that mess!

pixiesmimi
01-13-2008, 09:31 PM
We went for Easter (Spring Break) in 2006. It really wasn't that bad and the weather was wonderful! We scheduled our Character Breakfasts early, like 8:00, or before the parks opened on some. It was great being there before the crowds got there. We didn't have any problems with transportation, etc. taking a long time. The crowds were heavy on some days but we've never been when they weren't, so didn't really know the difference. We just got FPs and went with the flow. We liked being there before it got really hot, even though we had a couple of showers while there. Just go expecting the crowds and maybe work around them and you'll enjoy it.

lockedoutlogic
01-13-2008, 10:38 PM
To be honest....you should avoid easter and christmas at all costs....

Break the mold...yank the kids for a week (contrary to what many areas attempt to convey, not that much happens in primary or secondary school in any given week) and go in a nice month like May or September

IF missing school is unpalatable...try going in june (assuming that your school calender isn't ridiculously inflated like here in Joisey)

It's not that you can't have a good time....but there is no way around the fact that you will get less value out of your time.....fastpass can't offer a correction for this...

Unless you don't want to really do the park thing...in which case you'll be fine

Book reservations...at the absolute minimum