PDA

View Full Version : To P&P or not To P&P?

dmosher
01-12-2008, 04:37 PM
OK, so I keep hearing all the buzz about the P&P party and everything that goes into it. My question is did anyone go that has not had children and did you still enjoy it... oh and why? What exactly goes on at the party? It sounds like something my DW and I would like to do, but it is not cheap and I wouldn't want to shell out that kind of $$ if it is "children specific" type party.

Thanks for the help!
:pipes:
D

BronxTigger
01-12-2008, 05:39 PM
I went twice in August 2007. Once by myself and then again a few days later with a friend. No kids were with me/us. Both times, I had a great time and my friend did too. There are some kid-specific things (the dance parties) but mostly it's for anyone. The treasure hunting is geared towards kids but we did it too with no funny feelings. We got chocolate "treasures" and beads (like plastic Mardi-Gras beads).

The parade is pretty good, it has princess characters and then pirate characters.

The highlights for me were the non-existent lines for all the rides (most were walk ons, the longest I waited was 20 minutes for Space Mountain once between both parties. The second longest line was probably 5 minutes.)

But the BEST thing was the fireworks show. It was AMAZING.

dolphinmickey9170
01-12-2008, 05:46 PM
DH and I went in August with no kids. He's hard to impress and he actually had a good time. We had fun looking for treasures. He would always give me his beads, so I got doubled. We had a great time walking on every single ride we went on. We stopped and watched the dance parties and laughed hard at how silly some people were being. It was great fun. A lot of people were dressed up for the occasion as well. We decided we will return again and we will dress up as well. And the Music, Magic and Mayhem (I think it's the right name) fireworks display is awesome. It is shot off around the park in many places, not just behind the castle. Almost like the fireworks are surrounding the MK. We watched from a bridge over near Frontierland along the river. It was awesome with a view of the castle between the trees. I highly recommend anyone to attend, children or no children!! Party on.

peemagg
01-12-2008, 05:53 PM
My Mother and I (ages 37 and 62) did this party and loved it so much we are doing it again this year. This time we are taking 2 other adults and 3 children with us.

It was great to be able to walk on almost every ride without hardly a wait. The parade was neat and the fireworks were awesome! Highly recommend it.

Meghan
01-12-2008, 07:13 PM
I went twice in 2007, both with adult only groups. It's so fun. Seemed to be more characters out than usual. Got a picture with a Pirate Goofy and Pirate Pluto. Also, the fireworks are probably the best ever seen at WDW and IMO are worth the price of admission. Everything else is just extra when you include that.

Schmiv
01-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Went to the P&P Party in February 2007 and it was great. We did have our kids with us and of course they loved it but my DH and I really had a great time. There were NO lines for the rides and the fireworks were just fabulous. Totally worth the $$$.:thumbsup:

Not2Loud
01-13-2008, 03:13 PM
We went two times in Feb 2007. Loved it so much the first time, went a second. I hate paying for it, as I am an AP already - but what a great time!

The lines are short, for rides that is. DD4 loved all the decorating and candy.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-13-2008, 09:45 PM
I also went 2 times with no children, only friends and we had a great time! Don't forget to bring your pirate costumes (or princesses ;))and you'll have 100x more fun because of all the character reactions! I'll be dressing up again this year as well, and there will be plenty of other adult's dressed up.

To me, the parade is not something I want to see again (unfortunately, I'll see it 100 times over the next 3 (or 5) months). But the fireworks are up there on my lists.

Cinderelley
01-14-2008, 08:49 AM
Definitely do it! My friends and I (all over 30) liked it so much, we did it twice!

JMTStone
01-14-2008, 10:35 AM
I'd say do it becuase of the shorter lines at the rides. I took my kids but had plenty of time to ride LOTS of stuff I would stand in line of plan FPs for!!!

I think you'll enjoy it.