PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite in WDW?

dmosher
01-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Everyone writes about their top favorites, but never their bottom ones. So Here is the question... What is your least favorite thing (event, complaint, ride, food, etc) in WDW and why?

Personally, mine is smokers not using the smoking areas, and the let down of Stitch's Escape.
:pipes:
D

BelleCiavo
01-12-2008, 04:45 PM
My least favorite thing is Nemo and Friends :blush: I know a lot of people like it, but I thought it was :sleepin:

MushuMulan
01-12-2008, 05:04 PM
I agree with you on smokers.

I hate when one of them just randomly decides to light up a cigerette because they have an urge and are too lazy to walk to a designated-smoking area.

I have no problem with them smoking in an area marked as such, but when they do it outside, they're just being inconsiderate to the people around them.

Other than that, most of the things at Disney Parks I have no problems with :).

SBETigg
01-12-2008, 05:11 PM
People who seem to have a sense of entitlement and walk around oblivious, expecting they can block walkways or cut into line or let the kids run wild or do whatever they want to do regardless of the effect on other vacationers because it's their vacation, they paid a lot for it, and their time is more valuable than yours (yeah, right). These people are everywhere, so it's not really a Disney-specific fault.

But other than that, no problems.

#1donaldfan
01-12-2008, 05:27 PM
The last time I was there I was a smoker, I've stopped since then, however I used the "areas". I really don't remember seeing anyone blowing out enough smoke to "really" bother anyone. I mean to say that if someone was walking along and you happened to get a whif of smoke for a second or two, really, how did it greatly affect you??? Anyway, back to my least favorite thing....uummmm.....I just can't think of any.....I love everything Disney....maybe my least fav thing would be not having enough time or money to stay there much, much longer.......:thumbsup:

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
01-12-2008, 05:29 PM
There is no one thing that annoys me :D I am easily annoyed..

People who use their strollers to attack crowds so they can run to other rides :mad:..this really annoys me! And when they hit someone they go "Hey, watch it"..as if you're allowed to do what you want because you have a stroller!!!!

Also Sounds Dangerous and the Beauty and the Beast show (Don't go sending me angry messages! I love the movie...hate the show)

dolphinmickey9170
01-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Least favorite rides -

MK - Astro Orbitor
AK - Boneyard
DHS - HISTA playground
Epcot - Innoventions both

Least favorite food - Sushi

Biggest complaint - walking behind someone who all of a sudden lights up and blows the smoke out and of course it is going to go behind them and hit me in the face. Now mind you, this person wasn't in the smoking area. They were walking along Main Street USA. As I careened around them, I blurted out, "This ISN'T the smoking area!" and continued past, I don't even think they heard me.

BelleCiavo
01-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Sounds Dangerous
:ditto:
Forgot about that one.

pook@wdw
01-12-2008, 05:43 PM
I love EVERYTHING about WDW. The only thing I hate is that I can't be there 24/7 !! My least fave thing would be the adults that seem to have not been raised w/proper manners. (and we've all experienced them). I mean the ones who run over kids or cut in line in front of kids so THEY (not their kids...which is a whole other story) can be first in line, or stand in front of the little ones for a better look @ the parades. I mean, the kid in all of us is alive and well @ WDW, but let's not forget the REAL children !!:mickey:

elmjimmlm
01-12-2008, 05:56 PM
I know that I am going against everyone but my least favorite restaurant is San Angel Inn...The experience was terrible...The food, the waiter...nothing was good...Also Beverly at Ice Station Cool...Though it funny to watch others try it...:secret::ack:

TTA Metroliner
01-12-2008, 06:28 PM
My least favorite thing is the strollers too. Just becasue you have a stroller doesn't mean you need to ride the wheel up my leg. I'm not the road.

jenfriend
01-12-2008, 06:29 PM
I think it's a testiment to WDW in general that we like to comment about the favorite things and not the least favorites.

My least favorites

MK
Hall of Presidents, I know it's a classic but maybe epople enjoy it more when the alternative is a hot, humid day
Swiss Family Robinson, it's just a long walk up & down stairs
Tiki Bird Show, same comments as Hall of Presidents

HS
Sounds Dangerous was just a yawn fest
The seats that are reserved for the Fantasmic pkg. are totally LAME! They are way to one side.

AK
Other than the Kilamanjaro Safaris - where were the animals?

EP
I heard that it has now been updated, but O Canada! was a snooze fest and no seats. I had to sleep standing up! The fish & Chips in the CS restaurant was horrible. Authentic Fish & Chips in GB are delicious and are usually wrapped in cone-shaped paper which make them easily potable. These were greasy, under-salted, and chips weren't like GB chips at all (wedge cut from fresh potatoes), they were just the usual french fries served everywhere in WDW. I was VERY disappointed. Also, it was difficult to find loose leaf tea in GB. And last but not least, this park is so large that I think adults should be able to rent adult strollers! Maybe some sort of tram should drive around the World Showcase to pick up the weary guests are bring them to the entrance (at least at night)!

Christine
01-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Country Bears Jamboree.

Magic Smiles
01-12-2008, 06:55 PM
My least favorites in this order:
Smokers who smoke anywhere - saw many many of them on our past Dec visit - especially at the POFQ
Pop Warner
Stitches Great Escape - we really enjoyed The Alien Encounter

mreinventtt
01-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Swiss family Robinson Treehouse. Waste of space.:down:
Country Bear Jamboree. Needs a major overhaul.:sleepin:
Big people on scooters who are too lazy to walk. And wont sit in the scooters on the bus and takes up an additional 4 seats between the two of them. Then later on see them smoking cigarettes and eating cheeseburgers poolside at Typhoon Lagoon.:jaw::jaw:
Its one thing if you have a medical condition and need a scooter, but it is another to be LAZY and then take up more seats on the bus. The best thing they can do for themselves is walk for the excercise.:nono:
Peace out!
Missy :rocker:

Disneyfun
01-12-2008, 07:28 PM
My least favorite thing about WDW actually happens to me everywhere, but has more of an opportunity in the crowds there.
I seem to have an ability to attract people that will stop right in front of me about half a step away. I am a fast walker, so ussually, I end up almost killing myself trying to avoid them!
I have actually tested this in a large room where there was just only one other person (whom I did not know). And as I walked accross this room, this person turned around and stoped right infront of me. :mad:
I keep promising that I am going to start kicking ankles or something, but I guess I am too nice of a guy or something...

boofy326
01-12-2008, 07:35 PM
I will have to go with ECV's i have no problem with them for people who really need them but it seems as if everyone who is to fat and lazy use them just so they dont have to walk around and also let little kids dirve them running into everyone walking in fromt of them then just decide to back up with out even looking behind them...i guess i have just had my feet run over and been hit by them one to many times

DisFan01
01-12-2008, 07:38 PM
The worst thing to me is how TERRIBLE Stitch's Great Escape turned out to be... :(

Polynesian Dweller
01-12-2008, 07:55 PM
General:
People who don't clean their tables at CS locations, leaving all their garbage rather than moving it 8ft to the trash bin, very rude to the rest of us
People who use their strollers like weapons

MK:
Stitch's Great Escape. a real snorer with a story that doesn't make much sense
Swiss Family Robinson

MGM:
Sounds Dangerous

Epcot:
Rose & Crown - the last meal we had there was the worst we ever had, even the beer sampler was bad, how'd they manage that :confused:
Innoventions: lots of promise but not much to it
Journey Into Imagination - with or with Figment the refurbed versions were/are terribile

AK:
narrowness of walkways - you are always tripping over people and the breezes can't get in there so its always too hot as a result

SBETigg
01-12-2008, 08:05 PM
AK
Other than the Kilamanjaro Safaris - where were the animals?

Jenny, did you do the trails? The Pangani trail and the Maharajah Trek have a bunch of animals, and offer a really wonderful experience. My favorites are the gorillas, the bats, and the tigers. Also, after entering the park, there's quite a few displays and Flights of Wonder. I think a lot of people miss these experiences in favor of heading for the "rides." Oh, and if you're in line for Kali River Rapids, there's a great monkey area. So fun! There are so many animals that it would be a shame to miss. Enjoy!

TexasPrincessAurora
01-12-2008, 08:08 PM
And last but not least, this park is so large that I think adults should be able to rent adult strollers! Maybe some sort of tram should drive around the World Showcase to pick up the weary guests are bring them to the entrance (at least at night)!

Does anyone else miss the double decker buses that used to go around World Showcase making occasional stops?

ibrowse17
01-12-2008, 08:11 PM
I agree about the smokers. I would also mention people that have cell phones glued to their ears and parents that constantly scream at their kids.

Peterpanflight
01-12-2008, 08:15 PM
mission to space!!
Im just bitter cause i miss Horizons so much:(

stitchingirl
01-12-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm probably going to be flamed for this.... but
I really hate waiting in line for the Mouse ice cream bars for like 10 minutes or more, and then when it's almost your turn: the person just in front of you calls out to his/her 20 or so family members who've been off elsewhere to come and join them in line and have each take their time ordering and paying separately. Hello? I can wait in line, so can your extended family, especially if every last aunt, uncle, cousin, grandparent, and brother wants to pay separately.

edited to add:
this has happened TWICE this week

poohbearlover15
01-12-2008, 10:10 PM
The things that i dislike at walt disney world are when they took out alien encounetr which was very scary and replaced it with the stitch one which is not scary at all. I am also annoyed about the strollers and i know this sounds weird but its soo gross when i see people eat those big turkey legs! Its soo disgusting!!!!

katzctkpt
01-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Well, talking with my teenage DD we've decided a couple of things.
1. San Angel Inn at Epcot food was awful and service was one of the worst I think I've ever had.
2. Waiting in line for any/all of the rides more than 15 minutes.
3. We have family that smokes and we hated having to stop and wait for them to smoke in the smoking area.
4. Disney MGM/Studios & Epcot not having more thrilling ride attractions.

bkfree
01-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Rude Dangerous Stroller nazis
The one representative standing in a food line for the othe 15 people in his party who show up right as he reaches the counter, none of them being able to decide what they want and whose paying for what.
Stitch Ride- What an embarrassment for WDW
Animal KIngdom-More animals-less shopping and please widen those paths
Restricting Stroller riders to kids under 6 if not special needs.
Restrict scooters to adults that actually have a health reason other than laziness and overweight.
Unruly kids and their badly behaved parents.
Overly revealing clothing usually on bodies that really need to be concealed.

teambricker04
01-13-2008, 12:21 AM
People who stop right were they are at and then I accidentally run over them with my stroller. Then when I say sorry (because they stopped in the middle of the road) they scowl or have a fit. Yikes! I didn't mean to clip your heel, but this giant monstrosity can't stop on a dime.

I don't like AK. I hate the paths to get you INTO the park. Bluck.

jszczur5
01-13-2008, 12:32 AM
My least favourite thing is when a large group of people walk three or four abreast on a pathway and force me off or my kids off. My husband is a very large man - over 6' 8" and 260 lbs. who now refuses to to be pushed off a pathway so rude people can walk four (or more) across. The kids and I just walk in a straight line behind him now, and let me assure you, nobody had been big enough to force him (and therefore, the rest of us) into the bushes since. He is not being deliberately rude, but ever since I ended up getting pushed into a hedge and toppled over last year, he refuses to give in to the rudeness of others. Just for the record, he made the person who knocked me over stop and apologize.
A little consideration goes a long way. Being rude and oblivious to others can actually cause an injury and ruin someone's vacation.

Tigger&Stitch
01-13-2008, 02:19 AM
I agree about the smokers - something that drives me insane! Just because it's outside doesn't mean the smoke magically dissipates into thin air.

I mentioned in another thread that on our next trip I plan to bring one of those mister fan things and shoot them towards any wayward smokers. :thedolls:

Also not a fan of lazy people using the electric scooters - last year at the end of a long day and with a thunderstorm imminent, a man was standing in the bus line in front of us holding his child on his shoulders. As soon as the bus pulled up, he immediately sat in his electric scooter to get on the bus first. Took him forever - and the rest of us had to wait. And because he took up extra room, a couple people behind us had to wait in the storm.

As for attractions, I'm not a fan of Small World (don't flame me! Just don't want that song in my head for the rest of my life...)

Also not happy about the Stitch ride. :down:

And the double deckers! Where are they?!? I really want to ride one!

That's all I can think of...

PetefromRI
01-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Although I haven't lit up in 2 months(Yeah!!!)I used to despise the people that looked at me like a scurge on society when I was smoking in the smoking areas which is the only place that I would smoke.I actually had a woman get security on me for smoking in the smoking section outside at the Poly.When the guard explained to her that I was in a smoking area she got very upset and said that it still wasn't right.I'm just glad that I hopefully quit that addiction just so I won't have to deal with that kind of person.As far as electric scooters go,I really don't want to judge people on how they may look.I know a few people with MS and you couldn't tell that they had this debillitating disease by just looking at them but they have a very hard time walking any kind of distance.Things aren't always what they look like with handicapped people.I'm just grateful to be healthy enough where I don't need an ECV.
And to end on a lighter note.When are they gonna dump Sounds Dangerous?Thats gotta be the worst attraction in Disney World.

TuscanRaider
01-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Let's see...

1. Taking out Horzions

2. Mission Space could be so much better v_v
3. Bring back the original Journey into Imagination!! :cloud9:

4. Fix up the fast part in Test Track...It has a lot of bumping and feels like you are gonna fall off the track.

5. Bring in the Mythical Creature land that was planned (I think..) for Animal Kingdom. :mickey:

Not2Loud
01-13-2008, 03:06 PM
I don't care much for Stitch's Great Escape - seems pointless.

Otherwise, I can find enjoyment in most everything....except the line for Dumbo!

comicguy
01-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Our least favorite things at WDW include:

Food:
Mama Melroses

Rides and Attractions:
Laugh Floor Comedy Club
LMAExSS

Other:
People who use strollers as battering rams
People with the entitlement personality(I paid a lot to be here, I can do what I want)
People who sit in the middle of a row for a show and then act oblivious to the CM's who try to get them to move down.

Donald A
01-13-2008, 03:23 PM
It has to be the rude people. I was just there last week and had to keep 8 people including myself happy. I waited for my group (including my elderly father-in-law) at the entrance at attractions letting other groups by. Then, Friday, when my wife and I were by ourselves, we made our way into an attraction and people would try to get by us to "catch up" with their group. Of course, I made little effort to get out of their way. I waited for my group and believe these people should as well. I guess this is the type of problem we have everywhere people being concerned about themselves and no one else.

LCPZA
01-13-2008, 03:30 PM
IN NO ORDER

WInnie THe Pooh:ack:
SWiss Family Robinson
Sounds Dangerous
New backlot tour(whatever its called now)
Hoop De Do Review
Bone Dig thing at Ak (not sure is this is the correct name)
Smokers
People who jump lines
the new food spots in the building at epcot that has soarin in it
muppets -getting old!!needs updated

Thats all

TheMartellFamily
01-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Kids with Heeles, those who feel the need for entitlement, rude visitors, those who take pictures when not supposed to, those who disrespect rules and regulations, line jumpers, I can keep going but I will stop here.

LudwigVonDrake
01-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Least Favorite Attraction: Stitch's Great Escape

The thing that I hate the most are people who don't believe in wearing deodorant :ack:

Plus rude people with strollers banging your ankles from behind :mad:

Seasonscraps
01-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Sounds Dangerous just needs to go - I felt like someone stole time from me after that one.

broadway_chick72
01-13-2008, 07:01 PM
I didn't love Downtown Disney, or at least what we saw, we just looked in some of the stores. We saw that almost every single item in those stores were sold EVERYWHERE else. We found some scrapbooking things in FW. It was pretty, but it was a waste of time.

Duchess99
01-13-2008, 07:09 PM
I agree about the smokers - something that drives me insane! Just because it's outside doesn't mean the smoke magically dissipates into thin air.

I mentioned in another thread that on our next trip I plan to bring one of those mister fan things and shoot them towards any wayward smokers. :thedolls:

This is probably the rudest thing I've heard in a long time. What gives you the right to spray someone with a mister? They are not intentionally blowing smoke in your face. After living and working in NYC for many years, walking in close proximity to a large group of people is an everyday occurrence and walking through a cloud of smoke is common. You can't make areas for smokers to go in NYC and I don't agree with it in WDW. I'm an ex-smoker and I found it very inconvenient to have to go to a designated area every time I wanted a cigarette. I fully agree that smokers should be courteous of others and try to blow their smoke in an opposite direction, but until smoking is made illegal, smokers have every right to light up wherever they choose.

On to the question at hand...
MK:
Stitch's Great Escape. What a disappointment!
CoP not being open all the time.

EPCOT:
Renovations to JII. Both of the newer versions with or without Figment are a huge disappointment. The original ride was fantastic.
The removal of both Horizons and WoM. Both were great.
The lack of improvement to the Wonders of Life pavilion. It could be a very educational and interesting pavilion if they could just get the right funding.
The lack of seats in the World Showcase country films, such as Canada & China. I'd love to see these, but I'm so tired from walking I'd love to have a seat.

DHS:
The new Backlot Studios Tour...how about some film artifacts from the past 10 years?

AK:
Nothing really...

Overall:
Rude and inconsiderate people. We're all on vacation, so let's try and enjoy it.

Marilyn Michetti
01-13-2008, 07:26 PM
I agree with all the post's about hating smokers lighting up wherever they please. Unless they carry their torches above their heads, some little kid is going to get a burn. (BTW) smoking IS illegal in Az. within 50 ft. of stores, or where there might be lines.

I will add my un-favorite things as all the dead space at Epcot where neat things used to be.
All the meet and greet's where the Saloon and Timekeeper were.
Stitch's Great Escape
The Arcade in AK - looks like a county fair.:(

Tigger&Stitch
01-13-2008, 07:35 PM
This is probably the rudest thing I've heard in a long time. What gives you the right to spray someone with a mister? They are not intentionally blowing smoke in your face. After living and working in NYC for many years, walking in close proximity to a large group of people is an everyday occurrence and walking through a cloud of smoke is common. You can't make areas for smokers to go in NYC and I don't agree with it in WDW. I'm an ex-smoker and I found it very inconvenient to have to go to a designated area every time I wanted a cigarette. I fully agree that smokers should be courteous of others and try to blow their smoke in an opposite direction, but until smoking is made illegal, smokers have every right to light up wherever they choose.

Well, if you think that is the rudest thing you've heard in a long time, I don't believe for a second that you lived in New York City!

Whether you agree with a policy or not does not mean you can blatently disregard it to the detriment of others. Smokers are just lucky I can't fart on command. :fan:

I know this comes as no shock, but I don't really care if it's inconvenient for a smoker to have to walk a few feet off the path to give themselves cancer and other ailments. I just want them the heck away from me as I don't want any kind of second-hand smoke even for one second. :sick: If it means I need to protect my breathing space with some wind and water, so be it. I'm just putting out a small fire, after all, no?

Here's the post I referred to in my earlier post, by the way- you'll see many other posters agreed with me. Perhaps you should take them all to task as well? Smoking Anywhere - Has it gotten worse? (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=116793)

The shame of it all is that many (if not all) of the really nice secluded sections are smoking sections. Poor plants. :(

Smoking is not a right, it's a privilege.

lovedisneyworld
01-13-2008, 07:54 PM
I was very disappointed with the Narnia exhibit. Probably for me, the thing I dislike the most is dealing with people on the buses. You will find some of the rudest people there. One time I had my 2 youngest kids (agest 5 and 3) clinging on to me while I was standing hanging on to the ropes. I am short and cannot reach the bar. Every turn the bus made I had to cling on for dear life plus try to keep my kids from falling. All while this was happening, men are sitting in seats just staring at you hoping you do not fall on them. I feel people should be more respectful of others when sitting on the buses. If you are healthy and not having to hold a child, then give your sit up to those who really need them.

Jobasha3000
01-13-2008, 09:59 PM
The only things I really dislike in the park are the people, not actual attractions, love em all. One thing is when people at AK were taking pictures with the cameraman on one side of the walkway and the people being photographed on the other, stopping the whole walkway. Also, I dont like when I go with a group who has listed which rides to do in which order and will not stray from it.

MickyLuver
01-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Attractions:

Stiches Ride
Swiss Family Robinson
Smokers that don't smoke in designated areas

wdwfan#1
01-13-2008, 10:19 PM
I was very disappointed with the Narnia exhibit. Probably for me, the thing I dislike the most is dealing with people on the buses. You will find some of the rudest people there. One time I had my 2 youngest kids (agest 5 and 3) clinging on to me while I was standing hanging on to the ropes. I am short and cannot reach the bar. Every turn the bus made I had to cling on for dear life plus try to keep my kids from falling. All while this was happening, men are sitting in seats just staring at you hoping you do not fall on them. I feel people should be more respectful of others when sitting on the buses. If you are healthy and not having to hold a child, then give your sit up to those who really need them.

i would definately have to agree with you. this is my absolute biggest pet peave at wdw. it drives me crazy to see men and even women, teenagers and any heathly person to sit while an elderly person or child stands. i have been in the same situation and actually had to carry my 1 yr old while trying to stabalize my 6 and 8 yrs old on the bus. we almost fell a few times. not once did anyone offer for me to sit. anytime my family has a seat , we have sat our children on our laps to make more room. usually either my husband or i will stand (whichever one is not holding the baby). even my 8yr. will stand to offer his seat to someone who needs it. just my opinion.

Gator
01-14-2008, 01:19 AM
I was pretty annoyed when they took down the wand at Epcot. Also, any food at the Mexico pavillion - just nasty.

And I think I'd rather be burned at the stake as a hertic than go on Ellen's Universe of Energy Adventure. I don't think I've ever experienced mental pain like that on any other ride. It's just excrutiantingly boring and the jokes are terrible. I was rooting for the dinos to eat Ellen by the end of the ride.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
01-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Oeh, it's more fun to do each park :)

MK:
- Hall of Presidents...much to patriotic and chauvinistic for my taste..they weren't all saints ;)
- Tiki room..I have NEVER seen a line here, even on Christmas day..no one seems to like this

Epcot:
- The closing of Wonders of Life..it should have been updated, not closed :(
- The lack of rides..
- Spaceship Earth update..

Hollywood Studios:
- Sounds Dangerous..utter waste of time
- Beauty and the Beast stage show..I'm sorry! Love the movie, hate the show

AK:
- Dinosaur..the most terrifying experience in my life
- Hester and Chester area

And as I said before, people using strollers as weapons and then tut when you bump into them :mad:

18sprint
01-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Journey into the Imagination at Epcot. I walked off this one thinking, "what the heck was that?" Not Disney, but guests. Remember, a person in a wheelchair has a right to thier own space just like a person who is able to walk. This past December, we took my mom to WDS with us and I pushed her all over in a wheelchair. No, she is not overweight or lazy, she can only walk short distances. Anyway, right away I noticed how people would be walking right beside us, then literally step directly infront of mom's feet. At first, I would stop the chair from hitting them in the ankles, but about the 3rd day of the ****, I stopped "stopping". Can't tell you how many ankles I nailed.

wvdisneyfan66
01-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Another thing that I wish would change is year after year there is really nothing new in the stores...I see the same photo albums, the same toys, even the same dog dishes...I dont understand why these things are not updated...Also personally I dont like to see people wearing clothes that arent age or weight appropriate...

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-14-2008, 10:29 AM
:( Well, thankfully this is a lot easier to compile than a favorites list, because there are sooo many favorites at DW its hard to pick, but only a few complaints.......

I don't like people smoking outside of designated smoking areas, ( I used to be a smoker and it even bothered me then to have someone blowing smoke on my child) and I hate to wait in a long line and right before your turn to go on, the person in front of you has about a dozen family members run up and duck under the rope to get in line with them....

The worst meal at DW was hands down-ABC Commissary...we all ended up throwing this nasty food away and I am not a picky eater.

Waiting more than 20 minutes for a bus

Was very disappointed in the Narnia exhibit at MGM-it was just a movie trailer-did not like the stunt show either although it is one of DS favorites

Tarzan rocks was boring

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-14-2008, 03:04 PM
I think mine is when people are at the happiest place on earth and you can just tell they are miserable. You know (the guy everyone has seen) the I would rather be golfing and let my wife do the Disney thing guy!! You see families trying to do more than thay can handle and pushing small children past their limits. WDW is a huge place and exhausting. If everyone is done, or for that matter if one person is done take a break and rest. Enjoy being there with your family, have fun, and act like a kid!!!

kbean
01-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Universe of Energy. Ellen is not funny at all and never was. They can sum up that 20min movie in five. They close Wonders of Life which I thought was great, but they keep this P.O.S. open.

bobpfef
01-14-2008, 04:01 PM
This is easy - Snitch in Magic Kingdome

dumbo ears
01-14-2008, 04:17 PM
id agree with the smokers thing, I hate that. another thing I hate is the tiki birds show and small world. The tiki birds show is just lame and annoying. Im ok with small world because its a classic but Its just really long and boing to me.

Magic Smiles
01-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Big people on scooters who are too lazy to walk. And wont sit in the scooters on the bus and takes up an additional 4 seats between the two of them. Then later on see them smoking cigarettes and eating cheeseburgers poolside at Typhoon Lagoon.:jaw::jaw:
Its one thing if you have a medical condition and need a scooter, but it is another to be LAZY and then take up more seats on the bus. The best thing they can do for themselves is walk for the excercise.:nono:
Missy :rocker:

This reminds me of our past visit. I noticed that no one seemed to sit on their scooters on the buses this trip. On one bus trip we had 4 scooters and each individual took up another 2 seats each. That was a total of 24 seats for 4 individuals. Is this a new rule - not to sit on their scooters.
After reading these replies it reminded me of another least favorite. The parties that are travelling with an individual on a scooter. I can see 1 or 2 people escorting the person on the scooter, but does a whole party of 12 really have to pile on the bus first. This happened to us on our last visit. 12 people in addition to the individual on the scooter. To top it off, 2 of the people weren't even staying at the same resort, they were at POFQ while the other 11 were at the Riverside. So, least favorite - people who abuse the system!

princessjojo
01-14-2008, 08:31 PM
People who seem to have a sense of entitlement and walk around oblivious, expecting they can block walkways or cut into line or let the kids run wild or do whatever they want to do regardless of the effect on other vacationers because it's their vacation, they paid a lot for it, and their time is more valuable than yours (yeah, right).
I feel the same as you do. And a lot of those, NOT ALL OF THEM, but many feel that just because they are staying at one of the deluxes, usually GF of Poly, that their vacation is more valuable than mine. Wrong!!! Some times the only difference is I didn't rob my kids college fund to pay for the vacation.

Otherwise, my park ticket gets me in the same wait lines and attractions as them, except in very special circumstances.

BTW, I agree with the op on Stitch. I'll gladly give those "entitled" people my space in line for that ride.

Hair_Razor
01-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Lack of courtesy is all. I don't mind strollers running up my leg or stepping on my toes or stopping short in front of me. I know I don't always pay attention but I always emphatically apologize for my unintended misbehavior. Is that too much to ask?

Tink#64
01-14-2008, 11:44 PM
In no particular order:

Non Smokers with a Holier Than Thou Attitude
Stitch
Country Bear Jamboree
Strollers used as weapons - I pushed one for years & the people that stop on a dime in the middle of the walkway - SORRY! - but to the parents who actually use the stroller as a weapon - Think of the poor kid in there being slammed like that!

:sick:

mrsgaribaldi
01-15-2008, 12:06 AM
As far as electric scooters go,I really don't want to judge people on how they may look.I know a few people with MS and you couldn't tell that they had this debillitating disease by just looking at them but they have a very hard time walking any kind of distance.Things aren't always what they look like with handicapped people.I'm just grateful to be healthy enough where I don't need an ECV.

Very well said. I was surprised to see the comments about the people using scooters who don't need them. No one has anyway of knowing another person's health problems. Next time you see someone "fat and lazy in a scooter" why don't you think to yourself, MS, heart disease, kidney disease, crippled, lupus, cancer of somekind, etc, etc etc and then just be grateful that you or your loved ones don't need one. And it doesn't mean that they can't stand up and even walk a little bit so if you see someone doing that, don't think they are just "lazy".

Back on topic, I don't like Country Bears and Sounds Dangerous.

Tink#64
01-15-2008, 12:34 AM
Very well said mrsgaribaldi! My father had debilitaing Rheumatoid Arthritis & he had his better days when it wasn't so obvious. I don't remember seeing the motorized vehicles during any of our vacations when we were younger & everyone took a turn pushing my father in the wheelchair that he so despised! But without it, he wouldn't have been able to accompany us on family trips to such places!

One of my least fav's - people that are so concerned with every thing everyone else does! People that are always looking for someone else to be doing something wrong! That's not how I want to spend my vacation!

rubato
01-15-2008, 08:42 AM
I have an injury to my ankles. I was planning to rent a wheelchair so I could use it part of the time and walk part of the time (this is what my doctor has asked of me). Now, I'm rethinking it. If some of you people see me sitting in a wheelchair and then stand up to get on a ride, you're going to think I'm being lazy. My point here is that you never know. I look like a fit healthy person, yet I'm going to be in agony. But, my son is so excited that I couldn't even think about postponing this trip. :)

Oh, and I just wanted to add my two cents about the smokers. It's a legal thing for a person to smoke in a designated smoking area. If people aren't smoking in those designated areas, you have a right to complain. But, a lot of you are complaining about them in those designated areas. That's not fair. Until they ban smoking entirely in the parks, it's legal! I don't enjoy the smell of smoke either and I live in a town where it's been completely banned except in private homes. But, at Disney, it's outside. If you are allergic or have asthma, plan for it. You can find out where all the smoking areas are and avoid them! Just my opinion, don't mean to offend.

Tinkitude
01-15-2008, 08:45 AM
I can't even name least favorites. Even the things I wouldn't necessarily do again hold some wonderful memories with my family. That is what it's all about. :mickey: We probably won't do Swiss Family Treehouse or Riverboat again, but my husband and boys did those things for me cause I wanted to try them, and I love them for that. :cloud9:

DisneyTwinsMommy
01-15-2008, 09:05 AM
To me... my "least favorites" are the things that I no desire to go on year after year...

Things I do not go on, regardless of the wait time...

Astro Orbiter
Indy Speedway
Teacups
Sounds Dangerous
Pocohantas and her Forest Friends

Everything else is fair game... :mickey: Provided the line is not long...

RAIDER
01-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Cue jumpers are the most vilified in my book as well as young children running amock and the parents just watching and not doing anything .

As for wdw attractions

Sounds Dangerous
Narnia
Stitchs Great Escape

Mackflava99
01-15-2008, 09:28 AM
I think mine is when people are at the happiest place on earth and you can just tell they are miserable. Enjoy being there with your family, have fun, and act like a kid!!!

I agree with this-
Everyone has their likes and dislikes, and you always can't have everything you want. Some people expect way too much.
I like to take a trip to Disney as a way to escape reality a little, I like to spend the time with my family, and create good memories. Forget about the complaining that so many people do. And i hate the whiners..... Oh the lines are too long or its too hot.- That's not Disney's fault, you are in Florida during the summer. If the lines are too long, plan your day better, get up earlier, there is always a way to make things better yourself without blaming others.
There was a family that somehow my wife started talking to at the BC pool. All they did was complain about the service and the crowds and the expense. I actually went and sat in another area and said i wanted to read- Why come if you are going to complain so much.
Vacations are to DE-STRESS not continue it.

Dragongirlx
01-15-2008, 09:47 AM
The thing I hate the most isn't people who jump the queue but those that don't pay attentionin the queue. That is you are waiting in sometimes a line and they are too busy talking to their friends to notice the line has moved and there is now a gap that at least 5 more people could fill in and then when you ask (nicely) for them to move they either ignore you or give you a dirty look. I wouldn't mind if it was just adults waiting but for most rides the lines are filled with children and they aren't exactly patient and it isn't fair to them or their parents to keep them waiting longer thean they have to.
For the people who were mentioning about fit people taking all the seats on buses and not giving them up to others who may need them - this is a fair point but please remember that not everyone who looks fit actually is. I have osteoarthritis in both knees but because I am young and look fit, and only have to use my crtuches when I am having a very bad spell I get no end of hassle when I am on buses.
I am constantly hasseled by people who are fitter than me to give up my seat and go upstairs (most of the buses are double deckers in Edinburgh) and they generally don't believe me when I tell them my problems. This even happens when I have to use my crutches.

so remember appearances can be deceptive

DNS
01-15-2008, 10:59 AM
1) My least favorite is easily the bus problems that seem worse every time we go.
2) The Dinorama thing at Animal Kingdom.
3) As others have said, lack of courtesy. Whether it's people shoving in line ahead of you, or just running through the parks, pushing people aside on their way, it's very rude.
4) I hate that the American pavilion cannot come up with anything better than a counter service spot.

joonyer
01-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Biggest Disppointment re: attractions; The closure of Wonders of Life, especially Cranium Command, which IMO was the most under-rated attraction at WDW.

Least favorite attraction still operating: Tomorrowland Indy speedway. A colossal waste of space for the MK; A colossal waste of time for me and my family (my young sons don't want to wait in line to ride it.)

Biggest dislike about Guests; Line Jumpers, Oblivious Smokers, Litterbugs and Rule Breakers in general. People who think the rules and policies only apply to others really annoy me.

But my overall biggest dislike about WDW is that I can't afford the $$$ or time off to take my family more often. I just wish we lived close enough so that we could go often for weekend visits.

WriteDisney
01-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Very little gets on my nerves when I'm in WDW, it's the happiest place on earth!

The only other thing that peeves me is the "entitlement" thing others have mentioned. The only example I can think of from last time is the "entitlement" families who think that they should be able to cut in line, act pushy, hit the stroller into me, etc, just because I'm only with my DBF or friends, and they have children who are misbehaving and they want to get them onto the ride first to quiet them down.

Thats a huge pet peeve for me actually. I think it's really disrespectful. I think someone mentioned earlier to remember the "real" children, that its about them. Fair enough, Walt would have agreed most likely with some of that.

But I don't think that means I should have to let others with kids go ahead of me when I have waited patiently in line, for a spot for a parade or fireworks, etc. :mad: It shouldn't matter whether I have children or not.

I think sharing would be a better plan of action, not being pushy. Wait your turn, reserve a spot for a parade early and then everyone can enjoy the parks in peace. That's all I ask for. Being polite and realizing that sometimes you have to wait like everyone else. No one is "entitled" to getting ahead, not me and certainly not you.

Tigger&Stitch
01-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Hate is a strong word dont you think? Dont you think that a family member might read this and think that this is directed toward them? You might want to consider their feelings...:confused:

Wow..how incredibly inappropriate. You don't even know katzctkpt. Everyone here is entitled to express his/her feelings about something that is personal to them without being questioned.

WriteDisney
01-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Wow..how incredibly inappropriate. You don't even know katzctkpt. Everyone here is entitled to express his/her feelings about something that is personal to them without being questioned.

I agree

pooh'spal
01-15-2008, 02:08 PM
My dislikes are parents who let their children do what they want. We had a group that was there during a holiday and the only thing we could get to eat was at Casey's corner (hot dogs and fries) and there was absolutely NO PLACE to put our trays down and eat, with the exception of a trash can. As we walked in that diretion a kid (probably about 10 or so) ran over jumped up and sat on it to get ready for the parade. I asked him to not sit up there (a CM would soon eough I'm sure) and he went crying to his mother who came over and asked who the F@!% I thought I was telling her kid what to do. I said "It's no wonder he's like he is with a mother like you". I said that it is not a seat and a CM would most likely tell him the same thing, and her response was, "I'd ask them the same question"

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-15-2008, 02:37 PM
:( Oh my, oh my, can't we all just get along????There is never going to be perfection, this is just a spot to vent, not bash right?

*tinker_belle*
01-15-2008, 02:40 PM
I can fully agree with the stroller and wheelchair attacks. Also the smoking in non designated areas is a real problem and one whiff CAN affect someone who is asthmatic or allergic to the smoke itself (there is a reason cigarette smoke is deadly).
I also agree with those who are fat and/or lazy and rent ECV's for this reason. Very uncool...
My personal favorite is those families, i like to call them the Red Rover families because there will be five or more of them walking side by side in a line like a wall of people and it is very annoying when people are stuck walking behind this or are trying to get somewhere.
My number one peeve is also those people who are walking in front of you and just STOP and you ram into them. If you need to stop, veer off the path or something, go off to the side. I have threatened (in my head) to trip or kick these people....
I don't have any ride/food or other complaints as i don't entirely remember my one visit to WDW, looks like i really need to go back!!

jpH/keD
01-15-2008, 02:50 PM
We went in Nov 07 and in general, my least favs involve folks coming to a dead stop in the middle of the walkways!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I dont care to be near the smoking areas but when folks light up no where near an area it does bug me.

And when we went AK was SO crowded that we couldnt do nearly 1/2 of what we had planned. The park is the biggest one and the walkways are way too narrow! That made me sad because we had such high expectations of seeing so much that it was a total let down! Also EE went down and never reopened the day we went so I came home from an 8 day stay and NEVER got to ride EE. :( Sad for all our coaster lovers in our group of 11.

CaptainSad
01-15-2008, 03:48 PM
First I will hit the rides and shows, then other things after.

MK
1.Stitch
2. Parts of Fantasyland. Let me explain. I think Pan,Pooh,Snow White need updates. With today's technology you would think they could come up with something better then wood for characters or characters that only move their heads. And what's with the black lighting. To 60's for me. Hey don't get me wrong, they are great rides for the kids.
3. The Playground. I guess they couldn't come up with something better for that area.
4. Skyway. Or the lack of it. I thought it was good to get away from the crowds. Two buildings just sitting there wasted.
5. A lot wasted space right now. Or not being used.

EPCOT

1. Innoventions. Both sides. Again needs something better.
2. Wonders Of Life. Why is it just sitting there empty?
3. SSE. Second half stinks....
4. Time for a new country or two in World Showcase.

DHS

1. Sounds (Stupid) Dangerous. I like Drew Carey, but come on.. I guess if it to hot or if you need a quick nap it's OK.
2. Back Lot Tour. I guess you can call it that. It is the back lot. What ever happened to the Golden Girls house and street?
3. I think they could add more to this park. With all the movies they have and it is a working studio. I know this is a no no. But Universal doesn't have a problem with their rides.

AK

1. My one and only complaint is in DinoLand. Get rid of the Carnival junk. I can get that here when the Carnival's come to town.

Now to the stuff that just drive me nuts.

1. I know I will get heck on this. But smokers come on. You know the rules. Only in the areas where it is allowed please. When I was down December 16th-23rd I came across a lot of smokers who thought they could get away with smoking when they lowered the lights for the Wishes or Christmas Wishes fireworks. How stupid do you think we are? I was on the bridge going into Tomorrow Land and they were lighting up like someone said go. I did see a Cast Member come over and say something, but you know that Deer in the head lights look. As to say, Whut!!!
2. Strollers and ECV's. They are to be used for transpertation of kids and the handicapped. Not used as weapons to get people out of the way to get to the next ride or show. Which was done a lot. I even have video to prove it. And a sore ankle. I won't go into who should be using the ECV's. Because I can't prove if they are being used by the handicapped or not. I know if you have sore feet, it is not a reason to rent one. I have sore feet all the time. I don't misuse them like the one's that do and know it. I call that lazy. And some need the exercise anyway. I lost ten pounds during that week and felt better in the long run. There are just to many strollers and ECV's used today. And you wonder what would happen if Segway's are allowed some day. And by the way, Segway's are not considered vehicles used for the handicapped.

Just my 2 cents....

DISFREAKS
01-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Healthy people renting wheel chairs just to get ahead in line.
We were in Pizzafarri when we saw a very athletic looking couple and their two very healthy pre teens with a wheel chair. They stopped just shy of the door and the Mom got up and said "Who's turn is it now?"
That just burns me.
Also, men who don't give up their seats on the bus for ladies or children.

mrsgaribaldi
01-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Healthy people renting wheel chairs just to get ahead in line.
We were in Pizzafarri when we saw a very athletic looking couple and their two very healthy pre teens with a wheel chair. They stopped just shy of the door and the Mom got up and said "Who's turn is it now?"
That just burns me.
Also, men who don't give up their seats on the bus for ladies or children.

:offtopic:
I'll say it again, you can't tell someone's health by looking at them!! The athletic looking couple could be someone who has just had surgery, maybe a knee that was injured from there working out. They can walk but not for a whole day. Someone has to ride the scooter while the person it was rented for stretches and walks for a bit. The healthy preteens could have leukemia, MS etc.
Nothing upsets me more than these remarks. My dad looks healthy too. You don't see his enlarged heart, pacemaker, stents and the bottle of Nitroglycerin in his pocket. This could go for alot of people too. People can be heavy from the drugs they take for their illness too. Please be more tolerant and think alittle before any of us make these comments.
Sorry to go off topic again.

mreinventtt
01-15-2008, 07:08 PM
[QUOTE=mrsgaribaldi;1517553]Very well said. I was surprised to see the comments about the people using scooters who don't need them. No one has anyway of knowing another person's health problems. Next time you see someone "fat and lazy in a scooter" why don't you think to yourself, MS, heart disease, kidney disease, crippled, lupus, cancer of somekind, etc, etc etc and then just be grateful that you or your loved ones don't need one. And it doesn't mean that they can't stand up and even walk a little bit so if you see someone doing that, don't think they are just "lazy".

Yeah you are right, you shouldnt judge a book by its cover. But there is a good chance that you see two of these individuals that took up 10 spaces on the bus, three spaces each for there scooters, and 2 spaces each for there oversized bodies while we are standing outside of the bus watching them snuggle :hug:(in one of the 4 seats my kids and I could have occupied if they would of just sat in there scooters on the bus)to later see them at the park and there is no scooter in sight, smoking cigarettes and scarfing down burgers I would say that there disease is just COUCH-ITIS! And the only cure for that is RICHARD SIMMONS :rope: and pounding the pavement with there feet.:walk:
Peace out.:rocker:
Missy

Duchess99
01-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Well, if you think that is the rudest thing you've heard in a long time, I don't believe for a second that you lived in New York City!

Please don't assume you know me or what I've done...that is very offensive. There are nice people in NYC and one should do some research before passing judgment.
Or maybe you should just follow your own advice...

Mikey Piano 23
01-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Least Favs..

1. Stitch's Great Escape
2. Astro Orbiter

I really cant stand the huge groups of people that are traveling together...I know they want to be with their friends and whatever but there is no reason for 50 people to cut ahead in line!!

I really dont like smokers either but living in NYC I am used to it!

Tigger&Stitch
01-16-2008, 03:57 AM
Please don't assume you know me or what I've done...that is very offensive. There are nice people in NYC and one should do some research before passing judgment.
Or maybe you should just follow your own advice...

bwhahah....ridiculous response. Please, PLEASE just - stop.

disneycouple2004
01-16-2008, 10:01 AM
I have my favs and least favs at Disney..so i just do the things i like to do...guess i am with others when its the people at Disney that gripe me...like the guy who comes to the pool trying to carry 4 or 5 beers in bottles and he drops 2 and they break..glass everywhere..and he picks up the big pieces..and leaves the rest ..
This was at Saratoga...i would expect more from folks but i guess not...:mad:

alphamommy
01-16-2008, 10:10 AM
We haven't encountered the smoker problem, but that would be high on my list if we had.

My biggest pet peeve doesn't just apply at WDW - people who stop in the middle of a walkway to look at the map, etc. ARG! There are others behind who may not be able to stop as fast! We used to walk the Mackinac Bridge on Labor Day, and we ran into this all the time. It was such a pain!

When DD was still in a stroller, we tried to be courteous and pull over the side if we had to stop to attend to her. We also didn't use the stroller as a battering ram through the crowd! I always try to step out of the way if I'm taking a picture, too.

As far as attractions, my least favorite is Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. I just don't get the point. How many kids have even seen that movie?

4ubie1
01-16-2008, 12:47 PM
NON Disney: Lack of courtesy from many people and kids in WDW. Yes it is a big playground for young and old alike but there are certain rules that need to be followed so that everyone can have a turn or see an attraction or get food or such. You know..the basic rules that we all learned when we were young and kids today should be learning them as well.

Disney: Stitch replacing Alien Encounters, Hollywood Studios becoming a skeleton of it's former self, closure of Horizons and World of Motion :sad:

thrillme
01-16-2008, 02:29 PM
I guess I can be sorta guilty of stopping for no reason:blush: Sorry. My brain just gets to going 90 miles per hour sometimes and my body takes a bit to catch up. I also admit I can get easily "distracted". I haven't had anybody crash into me yet although...I guess I usually tend to do this more so in the open.

For me...
#1 STINKY PEOPLE...Good Grief...there are some people out there whom don't appear to have stepped close to a bar of soap in 3 days. :sick: Then you get stuck in line behind one of them. Forgot deodorant? EVERY hotel on and off-site has Sundries available. Bathe the kids too!!! I've smelled PLENTY of stinky kids who's parents seem to believe a dip in the pool is the bath equivalent. Geeze...this makes me so crazy...I just about wish they gave everybody a "sniff test" before coming into the park. (PS...you can't disguise true stink with MORE perfume or cologne either...this can create an even MORE toxic situation).

#2 Parents who let their kids run amuck everywhere. ESPECIALLY resturants. It really makes me anxious when a child hangs over the booth or table before and just STARES at you or comes up to your table and tries to steal something off. Mine...mine...mine!

#3 People who are at a counter service diner during "prime time". They're entire party has looonnnnggg since finished eating and they sit there FOREVER "chatting" while people are wandering around like "vultures" looking for a table. When these people FINALLY decide to leave they leave a major MESS behind.:mad: I don't mind them sitting and relaxing, chatting provided there are other tables "available" but when there's a CRUNCH...move on.

But all this isn't ONLY Disney problems

Tigger&Stitch
01-16-2008, 08:52 PM
My biggest pet peeve doesn't just apply at WDW - people who stop in the middle of a walkway to look at the map, etc. ARG! There are others behind who may not be able to stop as fast! We used to walk the Mackinac Bridge on Labor Day, and we ran into this all the time. It was such a pain!

hehe...this happens all the time in the city here. Some people will just suddenly stop and look at the doorway of a store (but not actually go into it!) I'm starting to think people walk like they drive (tailgating, stop/start, passing 'dangerously' on the right etc...)

BigRedDad
01-17-2008, 02:30 AM
Reading a lot of these, I would have to agree with the smokers. All businesses should just ban smoking altogether. As for strollers, I am going for the first time with one. I do dislike being hit with one as the rest of the people. However, if people are walking at a pace and then just stop,there is little you can do.

CaptainSad
01-18-2008, 09:36 AM
This is my last post on smoking. I think it should be banned all together at WDW. Period, end of sentence. If it continues they should issue helmuts to keep the smoke away from the non-smokers. Just to let you know what is coming down the road for you smokers if this hasn't happened to you already. I work for the largest military contractor in the country. There is no smoking in company buildings or company grounds. When you apply here you can't smoke at all. It tells you right on the app. If you get caught smoking, no warning, bye-bye. I wouldn't come in smelling like smoke either. It has to do with Health Insurance. They get a HUGE discount for a smoke free work place and people who don't smoke. That is why I have health insurance. If they allowed smokers to work here I would not have Health insurance. I see that a great trade off.

DisFan01
01-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Personally, I think this thread is getting a little out of hand (if you actually read it all). Why can't we focus on the GREAT things in WDW instead of complaining about the bad? :thumbsup:

robemcdo
01-18-2008, 10:01 AM
My oldest boy is 15 and he has been to WDW 7 times...so obviously we like the place...That being said, here are my beefs, and no one has ever accused me of being politically correct

1) The posses that accompanies those in wheelchairs and scooters. I have sympathy for the handicap and I have no problem with the person and their family having special privilege at the attractions, but I do have a problem when 20 of their closest friends pile along as well.

2) Stitch

3) A place where everyone can be a child, but yet practically everyone is charged as an adult. 10 year old's being charged as adults is just plain gouging, particularly for meals

4) Disney Buses that don't arrive when you have gotten up at 6:30 to take advantage of Early Morning Magic.

5) The lack of affordable accommodation for those families greater than 4. Family Suite has addresses this somewhat.

6) Charging more for the new meal plan (with tip not included, it now costs about $45 a day), offering less, and then saying that it's what the customers wanted.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Personally, I think this thread is getting a little out of hand (if you actually read it all). Why can't we focus on the GREAT things in WDW instead of complaining about the bad? :thumbsup:

:ditto:

robemcdo
01-18-2008, 12:59 PM
An awful lot of posts are geared towards the Magic of WDW...as they should. However, many of the issues people have are valid. Chances are Disney does read these type of forums.

Plus, a rather lengthy complaint to WDW about some of my 'concerns' seemingly did not warrant a response.

CaptainSad
01-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Everyone writes about their top favorites, but never their bottom ones. So Here is the question... What is your least favorite thing (event, complaint, ride, food, etc) in WDW and why?

Personally, mine is smokers not using the smoking areas, and the let down of Stitch's Escape.
D

Yes I agree there is a lot of good with WDW. But excuse me. Isn't this thread about what your least favorite ride,event,complaint,etc? I did not start it. There are plenty of threads that talk about favorites. You don't have to come to this thread and complain what was posted when that was what is was about. You don't have to post here if you don't like it.

LibertyTreeGal
01-18-2008, 01:12 PM
the only two issues that drove me crazy on our last trip were the smokers EVERYWHERE outside at the resorts (of course, DL was worse, I must say, for park violations), and people pushing strollers one direction while their eyes are off in the opposite direction! I had twins in a double stroller and it always took all of my effort to avoid hitting people -- I had to always look where I was going.

Bohms4
01-18-2008, 01:40 PM

Wow....please....tell us how you really feel. I'm assuming by "wayward" you're talking about smokers who aren't smoking in the designated areas.:(

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Yes I agree there is a lot of good with WDW. But excuse me. Isn't this thread about what your least favorite ride,event,complaint,etc? I did not start it. There are plenty of threads that talk about favorites. You don't have to come to this thread and complain what was posted when that was what is was about. You don't have to post here if you don't like it.

:( Yes, that is what the original post was intended to be....it was all kind of light and a bit of a vent, kind of fun, I added my two cents....my problem is that there are a few posts where the people are actually being nasty to one another and fighting in this post.....

Maybe its just that one of my officers here at work just had to pull the body of one of the four kids thrown from a bridge by their father that kind of put things in perspective for me...seems kind of pointless to be fighting with a complete stranger on a DISNEY website

gwfx1031
01-18-2008, 02:01 PM
We will all have our favorites and not-so favorites as far as rides, restaurants, resorts, etc. That is what makes WDW so great that there is so much to do and see to please everyone.

The thing that I dislike is seeing people who are so hectic to do everything, impatient and rude with CM's and other guests, and have a sense of entitlement.

It costs just as much for them to visit than it does my family and I yet I see them get so worked up that it makes you realize that they have wasted their money because they are miserable about everything and the only fault lies with them. I do not let them ruin my trip, but I do feel sorry for them.

We always tel our kids, we may do or see everything while we are there, but we will enjoy what we do every second we are there. They have been a lot of times and still appreciate it because we set those expectations for all of us.

DisFan01
01-18-2008, 02:06 PM
:( Yes, that is what the original post was intended to be....it was all kind of light and a bit of a vent, kind of fun, I added my two cents....my problem is that there are a few posts where the people are actually being nasty to one another and fighting in this post.....

Maybe its just that one of my officers here at work just had to pull the body of one of the four kids thrown from a bridge by their father that kind of put things in perspective for me...seems kind of pointless to be fighting with a complete stranger on a DISNEY website

I Agree! I did add my two cents in also, and then a few people started being nasty, and fighting back and forth, like you said, so that is why this is not a great thread.

CaptainSad
01-18-2008, 03:07 PM
OK, Let's all agree not to fight....lol

Yes I agree a couple of them are a little uptight. I hope mine didn't seem that way.

DisFan01
01-18-2008, 03:12 PM
No not at all! I wasn't talking about you in any means! Sorry you thought that... :blush:

Yeah, we can stop fighting now. ;)

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-18-2008, 03:30 PM
:cloud9: Yea!!!!Now it can go back to being fun......

LibertyTreeGal
01-18-2008, 03:48 PM

Rudeness and fighting with strangers on a website is always pointless, whether it is over politics or Disney or whatever. There is never any need to be mean and/or demeaning to anyone. I don't know if it is a modern thing or an American deal, but we are all too easly offended when we feel our pride has been stepped on, or when we feel that someone *might* possibly be trampling on one of our buttons. Usually people are not actively going out to attack us personally, so it is good not to look for ill intent where there is none.

People who are smoking outside of smoking areas bother me! They also bother a lot of smokers! I SO appreciate those who smoke in designated areas, because they are showing compassion for an asthmatic who doesn't want to be locked away for the rest of her life :D

On a side note, I am so sorry that you (or anyone) is having to deal with that. I just pray for all involved.

dmosher
01-18-2008, 06:58 PM
As the originator of this post I think I should jump in here.

When I made this post I simply was curious (after hearing a pod-cast of top and bottom 10 in WDW) what people found the least exciting part of their trip. I have even received a few PMs from my "what's your favorite this or that" posts from people asking what I "didn't" like as much as the rest. I just figured it would be a good way for those who were new to WDW to see the things to look out for or to skip altogether.

I do appreciate everyone who put their thoughts up here and were willing to state what they didn't like as much as what they do like. I know this site is designed to state the good of WDW but I know for a "fact" that Disney trollers do read this as well as a few other sites and it is good to state what we are dissatisfied with as much as what we love.

Sadly, negative opinions carry much more emotional weight than positive ones seem to and people often take the personal opinions and thoughts of others as a personal attack on them. This unfortunately prevents some of us from remembering the common thought we all share... We love WDW!

So in the end we need to remember that opinions should be shared and valued, even if they differ from our own, and on a site such as this, personal attacks should be avoided.

I am sorry that this thread has gotten SO off topic and am hoping we can either bring it back to the original topic, or just let it die off after my post.

Thank you,
D

tjstrike
01-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Park workers that don't speak english.

Tigger&Stitch
01-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Park workers that don't speak english.

Wouldn't that be "park workers who don't speak English"?

DANAM
01-21-2008, 11:12 PM
SLOW WALKERS!!!!
This is one thing I just can not stand. Move it people we are not here to relax. HaHaHa but I really feel that way. Sorry! I feel that Disney should have an express lane for people trying to get somewhere and you have to get out of the lane to stop. This really isn't a Disney problem this is a life problem for me but you asked so I told. The same thing happens at the mall but I am not paying to be at the mall. I know I am not the only one out there.