PDA

View Full Version : HELP Choosing between Deluxe DP and Standard

Schmiv
01-12-2008, 01:45 PM
I am currently planning our second family trip to Disney in November 2009. I have 2 "healthy" boys and am expecting baby #3 :thumbsup:in March of 2007. The boys will be 8 and 6 and the baby will be 1 by then.

Last trip in Feb. 2007 we used the standard DP and it worked out great. The amount of $$ that we saved added to the convienience of just giving them our room key was fabulous.

I'm looking for some feedback regarding wether or not I should get the DDP for the upcoming trip. My growing boys are eating me out of house and home. With the removal of the appetizers and the boys still having to chose from the kids menu becasue of their age I would hate to use the standard DP and STILL have to buy them more food once we are back out in the park.

Can anyone with kids with VERY healthy appetites give me some suggestions? :twocents:

wendy*darling
01-12-2008, 01:58 PM
First of all...
:welcome: to INTERCOT!!

Another Jersey Girl on the boards is always good! :thumbsup:

I have 2 "healthy" sons as well- they have always had good appetites. We have found character buffets, or all-you-care-to-eat meals to be our best option- and still do (they are now 17 & 20!)
They can eat as much of everything as they like. They can try new foods, but it's no problem if they don't like them.

We almost always start our trip off with a visit to Crystal Palace for breakfast- and they load up on all the breakfast meats they can eat! ;)

We also enjoy 'Ohana, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Chef Mickey's, etc.
It may not be the best "bang for the buck" since these meals are not always the most expensive, but it keeps everyone satisfied.

As far as the Deluxe DP goes- I would wait and see if it will even be offered for 2009.
I am considering the same thing for Jan 2009, and hoping it will be available. But for us, I would choose it for the Signature Dining we want to do. The boys (18 & 21 for that trip) want to eat at Cali Grill, Yachtsman Steakhouse and other 2TS places. And we will still start some of our days with a buffet breakfast.

For young boys who are still eating off the kids menus, I am not sure I think the Deluxe Plan is the best idea. Unless you wanted a character/buffet breakfast and dinner every day. And then use the 3rd credit for a CS lunch. You certainly will have plenty of food.

One more item to consider. I am not sure what part of November you are planning to go. If it's early (like for Jersey Week ;)) then remember that the Food & Wine Festival will be going on- a great opportunity for grazing more and doing less TS. Just add it into your options.

BelleCiavo
01-12-2008, 05:07 PM
:party::welcome::party:

Another Jersey Girl here. :number1:

I agree with Linda (I never knew you were in South Jersey Linda), I think the deluxe dining will be a lot of food for your children unless you want to add in Hoop Dee Doo, Spirit of Aloha or some of the Signature dining experiences. One thing we did to stretch the food on the standard plan was to use our cs at our resort, choose a breakfast item for dessert and save it for the next day.

Karen, with three boys age 14, 12, & 5