PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the Kingdom Tour

Horizon93
01-12-2008, 12:46 PM
DW and I are planning our 12 day summer DW vacation. We have never taken any tours, and we are interested in the Keys to the Kingdom tour. We are DVC members and will get a discount on the tour. Anyone done it? Is it worth the time? Thanks!

Seasonscraps
01-12-2008, 01:05 PM
I went on this tour a couple of years ago. I thought it was great. I learned a lot about Walt that I didn't know and it was cool to get some backround info on some of the rides. I loved having the opportunity to go back stage & down to the utilidors.

Dr_Nigel_C
01-12-2008, 01:44 PM
I agree, the Keys to the Kingdom tour is well worth the money!

I'll try not to give too much away, but the tour starts on Main Street, and you are given some brief history lessons as you make your way up the street. Some information you may already have heard, but some stories and things you'll hear may be new.

There are plenty of 'stops' along the way, so you'll have time to rest your feet and take a bathroom break.

As mentioned, you do get to go into the utilidors and several back-stage areas, which is definitely a highlight.

Lunch is served in a special roped-off area upstairs at the Columbia Harbour House.

Be sure to interact with your tour guide and fellow tour-ers -- it'll make your experience that much better!

Enjoy!

faline
01-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Another recommendation for this tour! :thumbsup:

Bri
01-12-2008, 05:22 PM
we did this tour in 2006 and LOVED it. it's really interesting and you do learn a lot. you will look at the whole disney experience differently after you do this tour. we also had an amazing tour guide, his name was matt i think. he was young, 20's probably, and he really made it a great experience. there was another tour guide who was older and his group didn't seem to be having as much fun as ours. either way, you will learn a lot and have a great time. definatly do it!

Bri
01-12-2008, 05:27 PM
the name of our tour guide is mathew arter. i don't think you can request a guide but if some how you can get him, you will love it! but like i said it will be good either way.

dolphinmickey9170
01-12-2008, 06:13 PM
We had Claudia and she was awesome. We highly recommend the tour. You will learn some very interesting things about WDW. You even get to go back stage and see some really cool things and go down to the main floor to the utilidors. Really cool. Lunch upstairs in the Columbia House was fun. We talked with everyone from our group. Learned a lot about some people I didn't even want to know.

berri_boo
01-13-2008, 08:57 AM
We took this tour at the end of Nov '07 and had a wonderful time! Our tour guide was Robin & she was GREAT:thumbsup:! As with the other posters said we highly recommend it! It is well worth the money (and time). The time flies right by because you are constantly busy/talking/walking. You get a few bathroom breaks, lunch at Columbia Harbour House (which you order when you check-in for the tour in the am) and a overall great experience of Walt Disney World!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Horizon93
01-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks for all of the replies! I am going to book the tour. How far in advance should I do that?

faline
01-13-2008, 04:44 PM
I'd book as soon as you know which day you want to do the tour.

Horizon93
01-14-2008, 05:43 PM
I'd book as soon as you know which day you want to do the tour.

Took your advice and booked it today! We are going on day 3 of the trip at the 8:30 time slot. And with a Disney Visa, you save 20%! That is better than the DVC discount.

Can't wait!

Momof2boys
01-15-2008, 11:07 AM
You won't regret it ! I took it in October and learned so much. It was definately worth the money.