PDA

View Full Version : Chances of getting last minute room Feb 2-7??

KatGat
01-11-2008, 08:14 PM
I currently have one room at ASMu but may be bringing a friend. Availability (at any rate and any resort) is pretty much none existent. What are the chances that rooms will come open as we get within 2 weeks of the stay? I can't believe February is booked solid. I'll keep calling daily in case of cancellations, but it's not looking good. Anyone have luck in the past grabbing rooms so close to a trip when everything was previously booked up?

Here we go again...
01-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Mardi Gras is that week and most southern Louisiana schools are out. In addition to Mardi Gras the National Dance competitions are that week at Wide World of sports.
Most of the dance teams stay at the value resorts with the overflow going to the moderates.

I would say that your chance of getting a last minute room are slim...

swampfox28
01-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Man, I was wondering why the heck everything is so booked that week.

Being from Louisiana, I know people like to go to WDW during Mardi Gras, but seeing how that's not a UNIVERSAL thing, I didn't expect things to get so crowded - but WHOA! It really is crowded that week.

I had some fantasy of going on a "last minute" trip that week as my kids will be off of school that week AND my son's birthday IS Mardi Gras day (and what better place is there to spend your birthday?!?!), but I not only couldn't find a value resort open, I also couldn't find any availablility at ANY of the moderates OR at the Poly (not that we could afford to stay there!)

SHEESH!

I guess that dance competition is really tipping the scales.... I just miss WDW so much!!!!

GOOD LUCK finding your room - and have a lovely trip!

-Sarah