PDA

View Full Version : World of Disney- Shipping Costs/Limits

RoosMomKanga
01-11-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm hoping to stock up on some items at WOD this trip:roo:. Years ago I made a large purchase there:spend: (I was told then that you had to purchase everything in one store to ship this way) and I remember knowing the shipping thresholds and costs (ie- Under $100 merchandise = $15 shipping). I know I split the purchase into two shipments because the shipping was actually cheaper that way. Does anyone have the current shipping rates for WOD? Also, what happens when you ship from the resort...do they do it by weight or is this done the same way with your receipts (could I buy things at several different stores to total the merchandise threshholds?)?:confused: Thanks!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-11-2008, 05:26 PM
I can't remember all of the rates, but I'll get them for you tomorrow when I go to work. Although, I think it's more of a discount to ship it all at once because it's $10 for under $50, and $15 for $50-100. So it's a break as it moves up. I know for around $400 the shipping is only like $40-50.

As for shipping, you were misinformed. You do not have to buy everything in one store and have it shipped from there. In fact, you can do it at the very end of your trip by using a "post-sale" shipping. Just take it to your resort and they can ship it from there, by just charging the shipping rate. However, using this method, you will still pay the Florida sales tax.

If you were to send it as you bought it, the tax would be removed from the sale.

Your resort will do the same thing and ship it by the total of the sale, unless you wanted to do it yourself through a different method.

beksy
01-11-2008, 07:10 PM
Where would I go to at my resort to do this? The gift shop or front desk or somewhere else? Also, do I need to bring the shipping materials (tape, etc.) or will they do that for me? Thanks! I love to shop and know we will be doing some shipping! :party:

Pirate Granny
01-11-2008, 07:38 PM
I took it to one of the registers at the PoP century store...it took a bit of time, but the CM was able to take all my stuff (purchased at various stores in Disney and at WOD) and you must have the receipts 'cause they use them to figure out the shipping...I had purchased a few glass ornaments and realized that I probably should've had them shipped rather than try to take in my suitcase, so I just loaded up all the stuff and spent 45 minutes at the register (yes, it did take that long, and the CM was most effecient) the day we were leaving.
so SHOP away...
:pirate:

TiggeRia
01-12-2008, 11:37 AM
When my DBF were there in October, we bought a ton of Disney stuff for a Disney themed banquet that we were in charge of. We probably spent about $450 on a variety of things. We made our purchases over several days at multiple places. On our last day we took all of our purchases to the store in the AKL (where we were staying) and as long as we had all of the receipts, there were no problems for them to ship for us. They won't ship anything that is not bought on Disney property. The total cost for us was about $35 and there were five boxes. We were told that we could have gone to the front desk and shipped through them for a cheaper rate, but it we had it actually packaged and shipped through Disney, all of our purchases were insured. :mickey:

RoosMomKanga
01-14-2008, 08:35 AM
Thanks all! CaptainJessicaSparrow- I'd appreciate those breakdowns when you get them, thanks! I think part of the reason I did this in the store before was so I didn't pay the sales tax...can add up on large ticket items:spend:. Nice to know I can do this at the resort though! Does anyone know if it matters how large the item is, or is this all factored by what was spent?:shop:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-14-2008, 10:48 AM
It only goes by price, not size. Shipping home three big figures is the same as sending home $400 worth of pins.

I forgot to write them down when I was at work. :( And I won't be back there until Friday. I can try to call them and see what the breakdown is.