PDA

View Full Version : Must Do's at Poly

ncrohrs
01-11-2008, 12:50 PM
In 31 days we'll be checking into the Poly!

Any must see's, do's or eat's besides:

Kona coffee, Tonga Toast, Torch lighting ceremony.

Thanks!

Nicole
Poly Feb -08!!!!

baby minnie's mommy
01-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Try to eat at 'Ohana. :mickey:

laprana
01-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Yes, definitely try to get an ADR at 'Ohana if you don't have one already. It's teriffic!

Some other recommendations:

Watch Wishes from the beach

Get a Dole Whip from Captain Cooks

Spend some time just relaxing and enjoying the beautiful grounds, atmosphere, etc.

If you have kids, check out the different activities they have scheduled, like hula lessons in the lobby

Have a great trip and enjoy the Poly! It is wonderful!! :lei:

mickeytravel
01-11-2008, 01:37 PM
if you have kids at night they have a special story hour in the lobby and ohana is a must.

adoptionislove
01-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Thanks for starting this post. We will be there 3/16 and we are soooo excited!!! BTW, I called today for Ohana (breakfast) and I got a reservation!!! I am always so worried that they will fill up! I booked the Royal Table in september and they only had a few times left!!!:thumbsup:

Wrigley
01-11-2008, 01:51 PM
:)I also recommend the Electrical Water Pageant . I believe it's at 9:00 nightly. You can view it from the beach. It is out in the lake and it can be viewed at each of the resorts on the Seven Seas Lagoon.

animalkingdomguy
01-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Watch the electric water pagent and wish from the beach. Ohana's for dinner. Slide down the volcano slide into the pool. Order a Lapu Lapu.

Disney Doll
01-11-2008, 02:59 PM
I also recommend Ohana's. It's my favorite restaurant at the world.

IloveDisney71
01-11-2008, 03:08 PM
We just stayed there for the first time in December. You will LOVE it!
You should:
-Eat at Ohana's
-Get a Lapu Lapu
- We got to see the Electrical Water Pageant & Wishes at the same time from the beach at Poly.- awesome
-Get a Dole-whip
-Walk around and enjoy the beautiful landscaping

BelleCiavo
01-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Grab a hammock on the beach at dawn and watch the World come to life.

Polynesian Dweller
01-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Take the Resort launch across the lagoon to MK. Best transportation to MK.:thumbsup:

Wishes from the beach is awesome and make sure you see the Electric Water Pageant.

Look the for the hidden Mickey on the floor in the lobby (right in front of the plantings) and then find the one in the Kona coffee bar counter top.

SimbaandNalasMama
01-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Ditto on O'hanas, electric water pagent and wishes from the beach!

We were eating at O'hanas, and because we were near the window, we saw the water pagent while eating!

Also, if you have a patio, my fav thing ended up being sitting on the patio in the morning with a cup of coffee. we had a garden view room, but the view was that and the quiet pool. if i put my chair in the grass outside our room, i could stare at the castle. it was wonderful. and each night, once we got back, we would sit out there and enjoy the wonderful florida breeze, watch the tiki lamps and listen to the castle music. i couldnt believe it actually would waft over!! One night we were out there, quietly taking it all in, and an Owl flew into the palm tree 2 feet from where we were. THAT was amazing! Ahhh.....Disney...!!!! :cloud9:

wow..sorry for the long digression!!

PetefromRI
01-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Don't forget to take a ride on the small motor boats.You'd be surprised at how far you can go in 1/2 hour rental.

DisneyorBust
01-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Before you go, check out Tikiman's website......excellent info for every aspect of the POLY!:tikki:

Peterpanflight
01-12-2008, 05:51 PM
all i have to say is OHANA IS A MUST!!!!!:thumbsup:

bouncer
01-12-2008, 06:09 PM
When are you going? Maybe I'll see you there. We will be there 2/8 to 2/11 for a super quick birthday trip for DS. Plus, we've never been to a P&P party before. :party::lei:

jenfriend
01-12-2008, 06:51 PM
DH and I are planning on dinner without our little Darlings. Then we plan to just hang out at Poly for an hour or two until the Electrical Pageant. Any other suggestions: like a special bar or drink, or place to check out. Thanks.

mickeefan
01-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Don't forget Kona Cafe. It's also a great place to eat. Love their hamburgers.
For desert try their Kilauea Torte. It is liquid chocolate inside a brownie volcano. They are really good.
In addition to what others have said we like, to be different sometimes, to walk over to the TTC and take the big ferry boat over to the MK.

NLODisney
01-13-2008, 09:30 AM
Our must do's when we stay at the Poly include relaxing in the hammocks, renting water mice, watching the fireworks on the beach and the water parade. Enjoying a dole whip from Captain Cooks and strolling around the resort.

Momof2boys
01-15-2008, 11:03 AM
One of my favorite memories from our stays at the Poly is when DH & I get a drink from the bar and relax on the beach watching Wishes . . . while the boys are swimming in the pool and playing in the sand.

NJMan66
01-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Don't forget to take a ride on the small motor boats.You'd be surprised at how far you can go in 1/2 hour rental.

Oh my god, I loved the motor boats!!!! I rented one 5 times over an 8 day stay this past September. Some times by daughter and I would hang out in the water on the boat accross from the Mk and watch the daytime fireworks from the shows they do at the castle. It was amazing; and not that expensive.