PDA

View Full Version : help! should we extend our trip?

Bri
01-11-2008, 11:26 AM
ok, i need some advice here. we currently have a trip booked for dec 8-14 of this year. we got a great deal on a room so we are staying at AKL for less than what we would normally pay to stay at POFQ. i've been reading the intercot boards and it seems like there is SO MUCH to do that this time. like we wouldn't normally go around to the resorts unless we had dinner reservations but at this time of year we would like to see all of the christmas displays at the deluxe resorts. we are also interested in doing the sunrise safari. we don't want to rush around, we really want to take everything in. would it be worth it to extend our trip one day? by my calculations it's not that much more than we are already planning on spending (dependent on plane tickets). i would really appreciate any input, esp if you've been there at the time of year we are going. thanks a ton!

threeh
01-11-2008, 11:37 AM
I extended out trip in 06 (sept) by a day so we could go to a MNSSHP and it was worth it. If you can swing it and haven't booked the plane yet (some airines charge a fee to switch the day) go for it!!! :mickey:

WriteDisney
01-11-2008, 11:51 AM
I extended out trip in 06 (sept) by a day so we could go to a MNSSHP and it was worth it. If you can swing it and haven't booked the plane yet (some airines charge a fee to switch the day) go for it!!! :mickey:

We moved our trip this year from March to Sept and because its value season and we're getting a great deal we're going to extend our trip at least one day (if not 2.. depending on discounts). The way I see it, it's just getting more for your money :mickey:

Go for it! :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-11-2008, 12:20 PM
I think that prices go down significantly after the 6th or 7th day, so the cost will not be bad...so I say yes extend the stay, don't miss anything.

animalkingdomguy
01-11-2008, 12:56 PM
There is so many wonderful things to see at the various resorts that Christmas time we take extra time to view the decorations, trees and gingerbread displays. Since the break point on park tickets makes extra days super cheap and since you are already there I would pay the extra days at your resort and enjoy. The real world will be waiting when you return home.

Christine
01-11-2008, 01:25 PM
I didn't even read your post...I am just answering from the title:

YES! Do it! :D

Bri
01-11-2008, 01:52 PM
thanks for the advice everyone! i just wrote wendy, my mj agent, and asked her to extend it. it's really not that much more and i know it will be so worth it! thanks again!