PDA

View Full Version : Waterpark and it's how cold?

jenfriend
01-10-2008, 07:56 PM
My family LOVED our time at Blizzard Beach on our last visit. This trip we'd like to try Typhoon Lagoon. The day we're thinking of going it's predicted to be 74F. Is most of the water areas heated? Is this warm enough to have some fun anyway? Should we skip TL and just hand out at our resort's pool?

Christine
01-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Go for it. I think 74 is perfect weather!

When I was there last week it was 29 degrees. The water park actually closed (one was down anyway for refurb) due to "inclement weather", said the signage. :freeze:

wendy*darling
01-19-2008, 10:51 AM
74 degrees sounds great to me! :thumbsup:

And yes, the water in all of the pools- including the resort pools- is heated to 75-80 degrees year round.
At Typhoon Lagoon, the only excpetion is the snorkeling with the sharks area- that water is not heated.

NJ Camper
01-19-2008, 02:06 PM
74 should be fine and yes the shark pool is a little chilly we went about 2 years back i thought wow tropical fish and sharks = warm waters ha ha ha not it was chilly my wife put her foot in and that was it for her i braved the chilly waters just so i could say i tried it it was really neat but as i said before CHILLY but if you like fish it's something you should try oh yeah and the water slides are great to just one little problem the big slide tends to make your shorts ride in place not intended my board shorts(knee high) where more like a thong when i was done but had a great time other wise:D

TxTink
01-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Wow- 74 is nice. The first time at WDW w/ DH after we were married- we had to do Everything, including the water parks. It was January and soooo cold, but we went to Blizzard Beach- there was absolutely NOBODY there- we did the whole park twice in 2 hours. On the ski-lift to Summit Plummit, the thermometer read 54 degrees... but it was a trip and experience that my DH and I will never forget!
:tink: