PDA

View Full Version : Do you change your itinerary when it rains?

jenfriend
01-10-2008, 07:47 PM
We're planning on going to Hollywood Studios next Friday, 1/18. Right now, showers are predicted. On one hand, there will be less people. Will many things close at the Studios?

Should we consider re-thinking our plans. We could go to Downtown Disney and DisneyQuest on the rainy day, and then go to the Studios on Saturday. But then will the park be so busy?

dteed
01-10-2008, 08:00 PM
No way do we change because of rain. We just grab ponchos and go. I carry cheap ponchos in my backpack and throw them away after we use them. 4 for a dollar at the dollar store.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Nope, we never change our plans.:thumbsup:

We grab the poncho's and look forward to a slightly quieter park. Whichever park we had planned on is the park we visit.

The kids love the parks in the rain.

Gottaluvgoof
01-10-2008, 08:13 PM
I agree! Never change plans because of rain. Usually, it just rains a while then quits. Even if it does continue raining, just keep on going with your poncho. We were at the MK in September and it POURED! We just continued with our ponchos. It was great! No lines and we didn't even get wet on Splash :D

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-10-2008, 08:26 PM
eh, it's just water...

Don't change your plans. More often than not the day will be more overcast than anything. Yeah, it'll rain, but there are plenty of "inside" places and things to do while it is raining. And you don't really see the torrential downpours in Jan like you do in Aug. Ponchos are wonderful for this (but don't do like we did and buy them in the park, unless you plan on using them again as a souvie or something... $13 for an adult and child...ugh).

ENJOY!!!

(p.s. the 18th is my DD's 3rd birthday! YAAAAY! lol)

Strmchsr
01-10-2008, 08:41 PM
I agree. Grab a poncho and go. However, as I posted in the vacation planning weather thread, looking at the latest models tonight Jan 18 doesn't look all that wet until late evening.

KAT1811
01-10-2008, 09:03 PM
I agree! Never change plans because of rain. Usually, it just rains a while then quits. Even if it does continue raining, just keep on going with your poncho. We were at the MK in September and it POURED! We just continued with our ponchos. It was great! No lines and we didn't even get wet on Splash :D

Ditto!

Peterpanflight
01-10-2008, 09:21 PM
The ponchos are the best!!!!!
No need to change plans throw a poncho on and your all set!!!:thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
01-10-2008, 09:23 PM
We never change our plans. Like many of the previous posters, we just grab some disposable ponchos and head to the parks. I always buy several cheap ponchos so we can just toss them once the rain stops OR we might shake them out and put them in a ziploc bag. The parks are usually less crowded and you can ride more rides because the lines are often shorter!

disneymom15
01-10-2008, 09:30 PM
The rain doesn't stop us. We bring umbrellas instead of ponchos.

glenpreece
01-10-2008, 10:41 PM
I might change parks. So instead of AK maybe do Epcot instead because of the buildings. I tend to avoid DQ when it is raining since it always seems busier.

LONESTAR
01-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Nor rain, sleet or snow will stop us from seeing the part of Disney we want.

pogo
01-10-2008, 11:02 PM
:nope: We've never changed our plans because of rain. But we've never seen a drop of rain while at WDW !!!! :D

caryrae
01-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Yeah ponchos work great. Just get the cheap like others said so you can toss them or if you keep them they won't take up much room. Most rain never lasts to long at least when we've been down there when it rained.

Or just pick up one of those big sombreros:sombrero: from Mexico at Epcot. lol
Some are big enough to protect the whole family.

Tink#64
01-11-2008, 12:20 AM
It rained our 1st park day of our very 1st trip. :rain:
I admit I did change our plans, we were plnning to do MK 1st, but I had read in one of the guide books, to head for Epcot FW on a rainy day beacuse most attractions are indoors. This worked great, except we did don our nice ponchos that I had to tote around a few hours later when the rain stopped! Now I too bring a bunch of the throw a way kind! We each carry one every day. I think we've had one rain event each trip, but it doesn't stop us, put on the ponchos & go!:woohoo:

animalkingdomguy
01-11-2008, 08:52 AM
We just change our shoes for sandels and pack the ponchos. You are apt to get just as wet no matter what park you visit.