PDA

View Full Version : Segway tour at Fort Wilderness

DakotaDisney
01-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Has anyone tried the off road Segway tour at Fort Wilderness?

Intercot says it is a new tour. Looks like fun!
I have done the Epcot Segway around the World tour which was great.:thumbsup:

Any reviews of the Fort Wilderness Segway Tour?

mudpuppysmom
01-11-2008, 09:20 AM
I can't say for sure right now, but DH and my cousin are going next Saturay so I'll report back after our trip what they thought of it.

DakotaDisney
01-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks!

I hope they have a good time!:mickey:

DakotaDisney
01-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Mudpuppysmom, how was the segway tour at Fort Wilderness?

Figaro
01-28-2008, 11:09 PM
The Segway Tour has been VERY popular since it's introduction. It's 85$ and is I think 2 hours. It starts at Ft. Wilderness and winds its way to Wilderness Lodge and then back to the Fort. People who have done it have enjoyed it, or so they told us ;) :thumbsup:

May524
01-29-2008, 10:42 AM
I've done the Epcot WS Segway tour, so I'd love to try the Ft. Wilderness tour! However...if I haven't tried either yet, I'd say try the Epcot one out first. The shots you get of an empty WS are amazing! :cloud9:

tink2006
01-29-2008, 11:04 AM
Do you know if there are age restrictions? My DS15 would love this!

mudpuppysmom
01-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Sorry for the delay--I've been having a tough time recovering from the trip this time! I won't go to Disney pregnant again in this lifetime let me tell you!!

Anyway, DH and my cousin went on this and they said at checkin they were the only two guys and perceived in a wrong light the entire tour. So that was a negative!

The tour itself they both said was, and I quote both of them....."eyh". They BOTH said they would much rather have done the WS tour and plan on doing that one next time DH goes on a trip with us (maybe in December?).

They did say they got to go through the whole area though and the scenery was nice.

We live in a rural area, so I'm not sure how much DH appreceiated the outdoors. My cousin on the other hand is definitely a city guy and said he has absolutely no intention of ever staying at FW.

I don't know that I'd take their opinions to heart though......I think they were looking more for a "thrilling" type tour and didn't get that.

DakotaDisney
01-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the report!

God's blessings on your pregnancy. I hope all goes well.:mickey: