PDA

View Full Version : How do you identify your stroller?

MicMouse
01-10-2008, 06:02 PM
I read in the Unofficial Guide to WDW that someone tied a clear plastic bag with a phony poopy diaper in it to deter any would be stroller snatchers. I think that's hilarious.:funny: (and genius too)

What have you done that's clever (or funny) to identify your stroller in the theme parks??

vamaggie
01-10-2008, 06:39 PM
We have been to WDW 3x and never had a problem with a stroller being taken (both the rental ones and ones we brought from home). many of the cases where someone initially says "My stroller was stolen" were just when a CM moved it to another stroller parking location. While sometimes they do get stolen, IMHO it is rare. 3 bits of advice (since you asked) 1) DO NOT bring a mega expensive stroller to WDW. Even if you have a tiny infant, get one of the less expensive strollers that can accommodate a carrier if needed (We had one that was not a stroller but just let the carrier snap onto it). If your child is older, buy a less expensive umbrella stroller. 2) Don't leave anything of value (or that may look like something of value) in the stroller. 3) try t tie something onto your stroller that helps identify it if it has a pattern/design that is common. We got a stroller for about $15 that had "Precious Moments" characters on it. Have never seen another one like it and it was very easy to identify.

MickeyChick
01-10-2008, 06:42 PM
I used to have one of those Precious Moments umbrella strollers... not anymore though!

We're bringing a Joovy Caboose Sit and Stand stroller with us at the end of the month. It's not a "common" stroller but I got it at Babies R US so I'm not going to delude myself that there won't be 50 others like it at WDW. So we pimped it out with all of the accessories we could find-- a parent tray thing, an attachable cup holder, and sippy cup tethers. I have a bright red bandanna to tie to the handles. I'm planning to stick some disney patches on the neoprene parent holder and on the seat back. I'll probably buy a balloon every day to tie to it too.

MicMouse
01-10-2008, 07:12 PM
I'll probably have two umbrella strollers, so I was thinking about attaching some kind of flag to them so we could find them both quickly.

I was thinking about those kind of flags that get put in your yard when the utility companies mark their underground wires. Maybe INTERCOT has some flags like that!!

Stich8818
01-10-2008, 07:21 PM
we took a stroller..I tied and OSU rag to it..It was identified..very easy..My wife though was not happy...She is a Michgan fan..:razz: The last time we went our daugher did need one. It was a double edged sword for me...One...I didnt need to try and fight to find it after something...Two on the other hand...My little girl is growin up..:(

jenfriend
01-10-2008, 07:42 PM
I purchased a yard of yellow cloth. It was inexpensive, but helped us so much. I cut it into strips, tied one strip on to each piece of luggage, and then one to our stroller. This helped me identify the many pieces of luggage at baggage claim. Then when our stroller was just one of many in a large assembly of strollers, ours was easy to find.

scootch713
01-10-2008, 07:58 PM
I cut up an old rag.... red(with stains, haha)... cut it in strips and put around stroller. Foudn stroller quickly and noone wanted my old rags.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Nothing major...we just keep a WDW luggage tag with our info on one of the handles.

We bring our own. Our Perego P3 has gone the past three years with no problems at all.

McGoofy
01-10-2008, 08:59 PM
My kid is too old for a stroller now, but a few years ago when we used to take an umbrella stroller, we made tags to go on it. We just used bright flourescent paper that we typed our name and address on and then laminated it. We never had a problem spotting it.

Along the lines about what somebody said about CM's moving strollers...this does happen often, so you're stroller may not be where you left it. Just a few weeks ago when we were there, my DS was playing in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground. DH and I were sitting at the tables that are just outside the entrance to the play area, and we were sitting at a table that was directly across from the strollers. The CM's had re-arranged the strollers, so when one family came out they saw 2 umbrella strollers that were identical. The dad asked the mom, "Which one is ours?" The mom didn't know either, so she said "just take that one." I guess neither stroller had anything in them, but also, neither stroller was labled. So FYI...put your name or some sort of identification marker on your stroller!

madi47
01-11-2008, 06:27 AM
We always bring a stroller for my 6 year old. I have never had a problem other than the cm's moving it around. I found the McClaren stroller and it goes up to 100 lbs. Love it!!!!! It's a lot of walking for the kids so I'd rather have it.

kakn7294
01-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Last time we had to take a stroller, we took a snoopy umbrella stroller (which wasn't common anyway) and then used a custom storage bag made from Steeler fabric. It was pretty easy to identify.

peemagg
01-11-2008, 09:42 AM
We are taking 3 strollers with us on our upcoming trip. What we are doing is insuring that 1) a,, three strollers will be together when we come out of an attraction and 2) that we can identify them easilly. What we are doing for the first part is that we bought 2 of the biggest "D" caribiners that we could find (about 5 inches). We will line up the strollers side by side and hook them together with the hooks. To help identify our strollers (and to figure out which stroller is adjusted for which kid) I took 4 different colors of the Disney paint chips from Home Depot and cut out the heads. I then punched holes in the ears and ran a piece of twine through each one. On the heads I then put each child first initial on one and then spelled out the last name on the others. It is quite colorful and should be different from any one else. And for those of you who are wondering, Yes one of the colors is lime green :thumbsup:.

monkeycity
01-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Do you think it's possible that the CM's move the strollers around on purpose sometimes :thedolls: and then sit back and watch the entertainment?

I know I would; that would be hilarious! :secret:

Taja
01-11-2008, 10:29 AM
The mom in our group bought a stroller from a neighbor to accommodate her 14-week-old infant. It was an expensive one and she paid $30 for it, so wasn't overly concerned about abuse or loss.

I made large tags (about 6" x 8") of red card stock and put her last name and cell phone number on both sides in black ink on white paper, bordered in black. Laminated them and attached one to the stroller with cable ties. The spare wasn't needed. :thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
01-11-2008, 11:28 AM
I don't know why the manufacturers don't put one more "whistle" on very expensive strollers. My ECV has a key so nobody can roll away on it - why not some kind of a lock that prevents the wheels on a stroller from moving. People wouldn't likely pick up one of those big "baby movers" and carry it away.:thumbsup:

Sammyjo
01-11-2008, 11:38 AM
We took our McClaren to Disney December 2006 with christmas lights and decorations on it so we knew which was ours. We have never had any problems with strollers at Disney.

We are planning on going in September so I'm trying to come up with a fun theme to decorate our stroller with this time. :mickey:

TBY2225
01-11-2008, 12:30 PM
One thing that worked great for my family was I bought the license plates that are for bicycles. They make them now with sticky letters, so you can do any name, including last names if you don't want anyone to know your kids first name. The ones I got had a SC logo and I used those ties that you loop through and cut of the extra. I got alot of comments from CM's and other guest about how neat it was. They were very secure and a neat way for others to know where we were from!

adoptionislove
01-11-2008, 01:27 PM
WOW!!!

You Guys, these are all great ideas for me to use.

We have a SilverCross stroller and I would DIE if anyone took it!

Maybe I will go and buy the $20.00 Babies R Us one just to be safe!!!

animalkingdomguy
01-11-2008, 02:40 PM
On previous trips we brought a cheap fold-flat stroller not because we want to not risk a loss but so it could get on and off the buses with a major fuss. Generally a cheap personal stroller does not need marking.

Disney Doll
01-11-2008, 02:51 PM
I read a good tip that I plan to try out on our next trip- attach a small glo stick so spotting your stroller after dark is not a problem.

Buttercup
01-11-2008, 10:50 PM
We tie a bright purple bandana to the handlebar of our stroller (especially if we rent one) so it's easy to pick out in a crowd.