PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me about lunch at the Crystal Palace

Septbride2002
01-10-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm not a huge fan of character meals - but I love to see my daughter with the characters. We aren't big breakfast eaters, and the dinners seem to expensive so I happy to see that Crystal Palace offers a character lunch with Pooh and friends. She :heart: Winnie the Pooh and Tigger.

How is the food? Our lunch time is at 11:30 - I figure we'll get out about 12:30 just in time for DD's nap.

Thanks!
~Amanda

joanna71985
01-10-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm not a huge fan of character meals - but I love to see my daughter with the characters. We aren't big breakfast eaters, and the dinners seem to expensive so I happy to see that Crystal Palace offers a character lunch with Pooh and friends. She :heart: Winnie the Pooh and Tigger.

How is the food? Our lunch time is at 11:30 - I figure we'll get out about 12:30 just in time for DD's nap.

Thanks!
~Amanda

I love the CP lunch/dinner (the food is pretty much the same, just price is different). The mashed potatoes are to die for. Overall the food is pretty good. Also, there is a "celebration" every so often (the characters march around the resturant) that's pretty cute. Just be aware that since the resturant is so big, it may take awhile for the characters to get by your table. Other then that, CP is one of my top favorites.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-11-2008, 08:40 PM
The food is usually good here. There is always something good to eat no matter how picky you are.

KylesMom
01-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Amanda, Crystal Palace for lunch is wonderful - especially if you've been touring MK for awhile in the morning and have developed a good appetite and are ready to sit down for a bit. They've got a great selection for the kiddos as well as a wonderful buffet with carving station for the adults. The flank steak was particularly wonderful our last stop as well as the desserts, but they also have a full buffet of sandwich fixings, fresh vegetable & fruit bar and other side dishes. For the most part, service has been good here.

Character interaction is great for the kids as well as adults - in fact, I make sure I get to bounce with Tigger every time we eat here! :mickey:

Oh, and I agree - the mashed potatoes ARE to die for!

stitchcousin
01-12-2008, 11:23 AM
CP is great for any of the meals! In fact, it was our favorite character meal for the food quality!! My children enjoy going around with Pooh and friends for the character parade, so I know your family will enjoy this. Have fun!!!

chamonix
01-13-2008, 12:07 AM
For a buffet, this place rocks! Awesome food that makes Chef Mickey's look (taste) like a Ponderosa or school cafeteria. bleh.

Nice sunny atmosphere too. Tables are a little close together. If you have to do a character thing, this is the place to do it.

MOJoe
01-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Greetings fellow Missourian! I too, am not a big fan of character meals. But the Crystal Palace is my favorite place for lunch at MK. The food is quite good, and there is such a variety, that no one - even a picky eater - will leave unsatisfied. If your child loves Pooh, then this is absolutely the place for you. Be sure to bring your camera!

Mackflava99
01-15-2008, 12:19 PM
We had an excellent time- The food was very good, the character access was terrific- the service was also excellent.
Overall a terrific experience and we are going back again this year.

The only negative is waiting outside was a little longer that it needed to be, but we ended up getting a great seat and everything turned out great.

Enjoy !!!

DisnIse
01-15-2008, 01:02 PM
My favortie related tip with CP.... we were thinking of going there for dinner one night, but it was booked. We ended up eating lunch at about 2:15. We were done in time for the parade, AND our meal was about $6 cheaper per person.
Someone told us that they start trading out the lunch / dinner options around 2:30, so you could still get the perks of the "dinner" for the cost of the lunch if you time it right!

DANAM
01-24-2008, 07:37 PM
For a buffet, this place rocks! Awesome food that makes Chef Mickey's look (taste) like a Ponderosa or school cafeteria. bleh.

Agreed so much better than Chef Mickeys!!!

We normally check in here 30 minutes early. Wait seems to be long here. My only complaint. My husband sits and waits for the table and calls us on the cell phone when it is ready.

grumpypima
01-25-2008, 11:44 AM
You will like it!!

crltkcagle
01-27-2008, 03:06 PM
The breakfast is great too! And tigger is wonderful with the kids, very entergetic and fun!

TheMartellFamily
01-27-2008, 03:21 PM
This is a good choice for paying out of pocket for meals and want to do a character meal. The food is good and one of the best buffets availabe IMHO for choices and characters.