PDA

View Full Version : So Confused

tinkerbell98
01-10-2008, 05:10 PM
I am trying to plan a trip to WDW in late May over the Memorial Day weekend for my family. This will be our first family trip and I need lots of help.:confused::confused: My husband and I are going with my parents (who are divorced yet still get along) and our three children ages 5,9,& 10 all girls. Any advice on making this easy to plan would be helpful:mickey:

DrivingSideways
01-10-2008, 05:21 PM
I think the best advice I can give you is to go through Magical Journeys (a beloved Intercot sponsor). I have used them in the past and it made everything so much easier!

One thing I use a lot in Info Central (one of the tabs at the top of Intercot) is the menus. I get some ideas for ADRs that way and I'm able to ensure that everyone in my party will be able to find something at every restaurant we go to. Definitely call and get ADRs, it'll make meals much easier for you (in my humble opinion). Hope that helps and WELCOME TO INTERCOT!!! :magic:

pogo
01-10-2008, 05:21 PM
First of all :welcome: To Intercot !

Every time you plan a trip there are little problems here and there.

First, what's the budget look like ?

Second, where to stay ?

If I were you I'd call Magical Journeys and let them suggest it all. They are the best at booking your WDW trip. You can find them here. (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/)

Good luck and ask a lot of questions. You'll have them answered by many different people here. :D

DrivingSideways
01-10-2008, 05:22 PM
I think we posted at the same time, Pogo (with the same advice, no less!)

Great minds think alike! :thumbsup:

pogo
01-10-2008, 08:53 PM
I think we posted at the same time, Pogo (with the same advice, no less!)

Great minds think alike! :thumbsup:

Yes they do ! :D

tinkerbell98
01-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Thank you both for your advice, My plan is to check out magical journeys and I am sure I will have a lot more questions:mickey:

Tink#64
01-15-2008, 11:38 PM
:welcome:

Welcome to Intercot! You're going to love it here! Everyone is always so helpful! If you have a question - you can count on lots of answers!

My advice is to purchase or check out from the library a guide book or 2. You DD's would probably love to help with the planning. "Birnbaum's (The Offical WDW Guide Book) for kids - By Kids" is a great book for the kids to get an idea of what to expect & let them help decide what they'd most like to do. The adult version of "Birnabaum's" is really good too. But my absolute fav is the Unoffical Guide. But some people find the extensive info a little overwhelming! It covers everything, from ride descriptions, attraction durations, ratings, etc. I buy a new one for each visit! I just received as a Christmas gift "The Complete Walt Disney World" and I guess it falls somewhere in the middle. I love this book, it has great pix - like Birnbaum's - but not as much info as the U.G.

For me - planning our WDW trips are the next best thing to being there! :mickey:

vamaggie
01-16-2008, 08:06 AM
Definately contact Magical Journeys--they are amazing and FREE to us!!! Since you are going over a holiday weekend, I would also check out the menus on Info Central and make some ADRs asap. You are a large group and with kids you are probably going to want to do a few sit downs (at least) and maybe some character meals. Some places book up (especially at the prime eating times) and hungry cranky kids can grate on the best of folks. Happy Planning and ask lots of questions--you will not be left hanging!

tjstrike
01-16-2008, 08:23 AM
My wife and kids really love the hidden mickeys book too !! Stay in one of the WDW resorts, it's the only way to go.

tinkerbell98
01-16-2008, 01:27 PM
thanks for the additional tips. I have contacted magical journeys, and they were very quick to respond and very helpful thus far. I am sure that I will be making many posts over the next couple of months in order to feel like I am getting the most out of all of my decisions.

Additionally, Santa brought my kids the WDW guide for Christmas as well as luggage and Disney Dollars, so I will have the kids review the book and pick out some of their favorite things so that I can involve them in the planning.:cloud9:

Disneyatic
01-16-2008, 05:59 PM
I second what the other posters said about making dining reservations as soon as possible. If you are going in May, your 180 day mark is probably already here and you can make your ressies. Especially with going on a holiday, if you want to do any table service meals I would book them right away.

NJ Camper
01-16-2008, 06:58 PM
I hate it but you will have 2 choices either make reservations or plan on going off site to eat we where there in nov. and it's usually slow in mid nov but we couldn't get any reservations unless they where very late or there was some of the pricer places that coulod get us in and we where only a party of 2 our next trip to the fort we are either going to cook our own or have to make some reservations we just hate being tied down to a set time schedule we like to wing it:mickey:

heidi614
01-16-2008, 07:13 PM
This is the place for help. If someone doesn't know the answer they will find it! Make your ADR 180 days prior right at 7am for eating at the Castle with the Princess. Look at the maps. Do one section at a time. We try to stick with that and have one person go get FP at Peter Pan and Philharmagic while we do Pooh and Small World. Get your spot for the Parades at least an hour ahead of time. You really have to stick to your spot, unfortunately late comers feel you saved a spot for them! We get our spot, then one goes for ice cream or a snack. Must Dos for us; We spend at least 2 days at MK:The Parade, especially the night time!!! Wishes Fireworks, Watching for TINK before the fireworks , Toontown Fair, Mickeys' Philharmagic 3 d show, Peter Pan, Small World, Dumbo, Buzz Ride, Comedy Club, Carosel of Progress, Tomorrowland Transporation Ride (the blue line); Aladain Carpets. Epcot has a great Princess Breakfast in Norway, Soarin Ride is a must and Nemo we do about 1/2 day then go to MGM , oops Hollywood Studios,for 1/2 Day: Beauty and the Beast Show, Fantasmic Night Show, Playhouse Disney,Little mermaid. Not an expert on AK. Hopes this helps:mickey:

tinkerbell98
01-18-2008, 01:02 PM
You all have been so helpful, another question for you. Planning to stay at the Music all star and am wondering what anyone knows about the family suites vs standard rooms or if you know where I can find a layout of the rooms to see the difference.

Thanks again:D

tinkerbell98
01-18-2008, 01:04 PM
Also, How do I make reservations, do I call the individual hotels where they are held. Specifically the character meals, do I call a central number or individual places.

Thanks again:thumbsup:

Bri
01-18-2008, 01:08 PM
http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/allstarmusic/default.asp

check out that link. it will show you the layout of the regular room and the suite at all star music.

Bri
01-18-2008, 01:13 PM
to make dining reservations call 407-WDW-DINE. if you are getting the meal plan, go to this link: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/dining/diningFinder?id=DiningFinderPage

it give you all of the restaurants, if they accept the dining plan and how many credits they will use. for example a $$ Table Service restaurant will use 1 Table Service Credit per person. a $$$ table service restaurant will use 2 table service credits per person. counter service meals are always 1 counter service credit per person. when you go to book, just give the reservation line your vacation confirmation number and then book from there. make sure you write down all of your meal confirmation numbers and times.

Bri
01-18-2008, 01:14 PM
and, may i suggest the character breakfasts at Cape May Cafe and 1900 Park Fare. they are both really great!