PDA

View Full Version : One-way car rentals

Turk82
01-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I have been debating how to get from MCO to the port. I am super excited that I was able to just book a one-way, unlimited miles, intermediate-size rental to and from Port Canaveral for $25.93 there and $36.42 back! Seems like a good deal to me. (I can cancel at anytime, so I just feel like I've accomplised something without feeling stuck!) I called the Cape Canaveral office and they told me that as soon as you drop off your rental they take you right to the port. :-)

Maybe I don't think things through well....how do I get back to Enterprise after the cruise?? I'll have to call back!

Have any of you done this? What were your thoughts?

DisneyDudet
01-10-2008, 04:33 PM
I do believe that they have a shuttle to take you back, especially if you have a reservation with them. They aren't going to leave you hanging!!

Let us know what they say!

TammiMcMan
01-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Just out of curiosity, why are you doing the two one-way rentals? Is it due to the cost savings, or are you arriving a day early?

In regards to the shuttle, some car companies will have the bus waiting at the terminal, while others require that you call when you arrive. I'd just double check with Enterprise to see what their policy is. For overall convenience, you may want to book the DCL transfer back to the airport, especially if you have a flight to catch. It can be time consuming for the shuttle to Enterprise, then the return trip back to pick up your passengers, not to mention their having to wait around with the luggage. The cost savings might not outweigh the inconvenience factor.

Turk82
01-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Yes, I am arriving a day early (thus the one-way on the way there). There are also 4 adults, which allows this to be a significant savings. On my reservation it says that they will pick us up after the cruise (I had my paperwork emailed to me). I will call them again when closer to November to get the exact details on that (i.e. do I call them when I want to be picked up). I plan to have a late departing flight as I am hoping to shop at DTD for whatever else I want/need after my cruise (Assuming I didn't get enough stuff to burst my suitcases by that point!). :mickey:

IowaMouse005
01-10-2008, 08:37 PM
We are taking our second cruise in Feb, and we are renting a car from Orlando, to the port. We also are arriving the day before. We found last year, that we had the flexibility to do things cheaply.

Since you can take your own alcoholic beverages on board, we purchased them at the Cape. We also bought some sand toys for the kids, and some other things, that we did not have to take down with us, and we threw away when we were done with them.

Also there are some good restaurants in the Port area, and it is a nice area to drive around see.

I was able to get an SUV from Enterprise for $32.00 total. You cant beat that. Good Luck.

TammiMcMan
01-10-2008, 10:37 PM
It definitely makes sense then for you to rent a car. We typically arrive the day before and I love having the flexibility with our schedule and the ability to do some last minute shopping for cruise items. I like the idea of the late flight and some time spent in DtD. There's no such thing as too many souveniers :)