PDA

View Full Version : live webcam

dolphinmom
01-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Hello there,

I am trying to link up to the live webcam in magic kingdom but I cannot find it.

does anyone here have that link?

TIA

dolphinmom:mickey:

kakn7294
01-10-2008, 02:48 PM
The only webcam that I know of is on the Swan/Dolphin resort's website. You can see Spaceship Earth but it's in the distance.

dolphinmom
01-10-2008, 02:58 PM
last year sometime I was watching people in Magic Kingdom, I think the camera was on the balcony of the train station or somewhere close to the centre where you start the walk down main street to the castle.

Thanks anyway though:mickey:

dolphinmom

CleveSJM
01-10-2008, 03:15 PM
They used to have some year's ago (pre 9/11) but they turned them all off as a security measure. Might have been an old loop you saw...

Always Goofy
01-10-2008, 03:16 PM
I do remember that as well. It was really cool, but I think the only thing they have for that now is reruns or something like that because they took down the link to the camera. (some computer thing anyway).
I always like watching that too.

Daisy'sMom
01-10-2008, 03:21 PM
They had a webcam at MGM also. I used to check them out all the time along with Universal's.

kdsjjb
01-10-2008, 03:33 PM
I would love it if they had a webcam focused on the castle, that you could watch to see wishes each night.

I think it would be spectacular to be able to see the fireworks at Christmas and New YearsEve as well. Even to just watch the castle changing colors.

Disney is like my heroin, and I need my fix.

wedway76
01-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Yes they did have a live webcam years ago from Main St. station pointed toward the castle, and there was one in MGM. The timing of it closing didn’t dawn on me but CleveSJM is right, they took it down shortly after 9-11.

gardenia
01-10-2008, 04:29 PM
There's a "virtual" webcam of MK Main Street at http://www.wdwlive.com/web-cam.html. It's really just old clips that they play - most recent is over a year old. But fun to watch once in a while.

The only real webcam is at the Swan & Dolphin, and it's been down for over two weeks. It goes down sporadically but usually come back within a month or so. It's normally listed at www.instacam.com (just search the state of Florida) but it's not up currently.

threeh
01-10-2008, 05:25 PM
:mickey:
That WDW camera rocks, I don't care if it is old and not live. Thanks soo much!!!!:thumbsup:

poeticeclipse
01-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Google Earth.

It's not live movement but it's still pretty darn cool! You just download it to your computer and then type in where you want to go (literally, anywhere) and before you know it you're looking at the layout of the Epcot resorts. ;)

DigitalDaredevil
01-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Even the Animal Kingdom had one. It makes sense to get rid of them, but to us harmless fans, we miss it.
I always put it on when I needed a fix.