PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Magical Journeys

splashtest
01-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Has anyone else had problems with Magical Journeys in the past? I have used them and my same agent in the past numerous times, but this time it feels like I am making zero progress trying to get my vacation booked. It is taking over 30 hours to get back to each of my e-mails. I started this whole process on Tuesday morning and I have only gotten one response since then. It's almost like they don't want to help me anymore. I am feeling very disgruntled...anyone have similar problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ibrowse17
01-10-2008, 02:52 PM
No problems here. The other morning I planned and booked a trip with Wendy in just a few hours. She was prompt in her responses and when she called me. The only delays were on my end, not hers. Sorry you have had that problem.

AuntDJ
01-10-2008, 02:54 PM
No problems here...I booked in the last month with Karen...I love MJ's!

DJ

Ian
01-10-2008, 03:08 PM
I don't know anyone who's had any issues using MJT. Everyone I know who uses them has always been thrilled by their service.

I'm sure there's a unique situation that's affecting your interaction with your agent. You should reach out to Nanci and see if she can assist.

vicster
01-10-2008, 03:18 PM
I've always had the best service from MJ (Karen) and I wouldn't book Disney any other way.

splashtest
01-10-2008, 03:28 PM
I have used them at least 6 times in the past, and I never had an issue. This is why I find this experience to be so odd. I did reach out to Nancy a couple of days ago, and I then heard right back from my agent, but it has been another 2 days again. I just e-mailed Nancy again. I hate doing that though....I don't want to get anyone in trouble. I just want to book a trip. :confused:

JPL
01-10-2008, 03:31 PM
I never had a problem either always top notch service.

Thanks Wendy :mickey:

disneymom15
01-10-2008, 03:41 PM
I've booked 2 trips with TerriSue. No problems.

PirateLover
01-10-2008, 03:49 PM
I also think there must be something going on if it's taking that long for a response. I think the longest it took for a response for me was maybe 8 hours? I've booked 3 times through Deb. During an instance when she wasn't available, Nanci took over for a bit. This seems very unusual.

bobpfef
01-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I've always gotten quick responses from them as well.

The problem might be delays in the email. I work in IT and this happens more often then you would think, one side or the other has something that is slowing down the email to the other person. Often server relationed from the email provider.

live4disney
01-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Hi Jessica,

I am really sorry for the mix up. I use outlook express and sometimes it acts up. When Nanci indicated that you did not get my first email....I sent another yesterday at 4:56pm. I just called both of your numbers and left messages on your voice mail. You have my phone number.....please.....anytime you do not get an immediate response, feel free to call me. I don't want any of my clients disgruntled.

TBY2225
01-10-2008, 04:25 PM
I have never ever had a problem with MJ! I would never book any other way! Nanci is the greatest and I am sure if you ever had any issues at all that she would clear them up right away!

splashtest
01-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Thanks Melissa. Nice talking to you. Thank God we figured out the issue.

lwoodland
01-10-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm sorry you had touble but I wouldn't book with anyone else. I know my email is really slow but MJ's response time was really fast. Everytime I had a question, I had an answer within a couple of hours. Magical Journeys was amazing. I booked with Kathy and she really followed through with everything that I wanted. The hotel was amazing (Animal Kingdom Lodge) and I wouldn't change a thing. I will definatly book with Kathy again soon. Thanks MJ!!!

crazypoohbear
01-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Looks like MJ has already fixed the situation.... As usual:thumbsup:
I have had great luck with Wendy:mickey:

jillluvsdisney
01-10-2008, 05:41 PM
I have booked two trip with Wendy from MJ and both times all requests were met and it was great !!

Here we go again...
01-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks Melissa. Nice talking to you. Thank God we figured out the issue.

I am so happy to hear that it worked out.
I have used Melissa so many times (and bugged her to death) and she always got back to me VERY fast.
She made sure I had her number just in case I needed to get in touch with her right away and told me before that she had issues with email sometimes. I guess when you are that busy the email gets a little clogged up ;)

To Melissa:
I miss working with you. I wish there was a way you could book my DVC vacations. We are working on an Alaskan cruise for next year though!!

PetefromRI
01-10-2008, 06:30 PM
I've only used them a couple of times but will use them again.Just the other night I e-mailed Denise with a request and I got a prompt answer,she's been great to work with.Every now and then we book a last minute trip ourselves,room only ressie but I really like using MJ.

MonoMan
01-10-2008, 08:51 PM
We are leaving in 21 days and this was the first trip we booked with MJ. I was nervous because I am a control freak. But Terrisue has been absolutely FANTASTIC and we saved $$$. We will use them for each and every future Disney trip!

ncrohrs
01-11-2008, 12:48 PM
First time using MJ and we had Karen. She always gets back to me so quick. Within hours if I email during the day and by the next morning if I send one at night. I would recommend her and I would use her again.

31 days till our trip, can't wait!

Disney Doll
01-11-2008, 03:03 PM
I'm glad it worked out. I've always heard such great things about MJ. We just booked our first trip with MJ (Wendy) and I was surprised by how quickly she responded to my emails. We couldn't be happier. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-11-2008, 03:17 PM
:) I'm glad things seems to have worked out. I haven't even booked yet, and Karen has answered a dozen questions for me....usually I hear from her within a couple of hours if not sooner.

WriteDisney
01-11-2008, 03:24 PM
If you book through magical journeys can you still get a AAA discount somehow? Or do you have to book through AAA to do it? (I didn't want to start a whole new thread since it seems like the previous posters seem to know about MJ)

KevGuy
01-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Try calling them if you can next time.:thumbsup:

Tink1
01-11-2008, 03:37 PM
If you book through magical journeys can you still get a AAA discount somehow? Or do you have to book through AAA to do it? (I didn't want to start a whole new thread since it seems like the previous posters seem to know about MJ)

We can book AAA room only rates. We cannot book AAA packages.

Nanc

dmosher
01-11-2008, 03:54 PM
We have never had any trouble with it, however we will be doing the VC thing this year, so I guess that may make a difference. Guess we will see.
:pipes:
D

mudpuppysmom
01-12-2008, 10:55 AM
I've worked with MJ and more specifically Melissa in the past and gotta say that I've always been happy with the service I have received!! I have bugged Melissa to death with questions and asking to change resorts and change dates then change resorts again.......I admit - I'm a pain, but Melissa has ALWAYS been on it and done her best to help us!!

MJ girls you are the best!!

Wolf
01-12-2008, 01:33 PM
We just love them! Terrisue saved us money and headaches! We are leaving in 5 days and 11 hours for our first trip we planned with them and have never been more excited! Hope it works out for you

mickeefan
01-13-2008, 08:48 AM
I just have to put in my 2 cents for Wendy. She has arranged at least our last 5 trips plus the two upcoming, and I could not be happier. She is wonderful to work with,completely on top of everything, and has made my life so much easier.
:thumbsup:She Rocks.:thumbsup:

stephntampa
01-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Terrisue @ MJ rocks! I will definitely use MJ in the future.:mickey:

Not2Loud
01-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Wendy is the best. I have this one trip, that I have rebooked 3-5 times now. I know it has to drive her nuts, but she always takes great care of us!

mickeys_princess_mom
01-14-2008, 01:23 PM
:thumbsup:VERY satisfied with MJ! Terrisue made it happen for us! We were taken care of!

heidi614
01-16-2008, 06:59 PM
I have outlook express too and it does do funny things sometimes. Depending on your settings it doe not automatically send when you push send. Just an FYI.

BouncingTigger
01-17-2008, 12:24 AM
No problems with MJ! I booked my first (and so far only!) trip to WDW with MJ and was very happy with the service. I had never used a travel agency or third party before and was kind of nervous...but I'm glad I used MJ! Denise was AMAZING - she answered so many questions and helped us out with specific requests. It took so much stress out of the planning! A great experience!

crltkcagle
01-17-2008, 10:09 AM
glad to see the problem was resolved. I just wanted to express my feelings about debbie. She is a top notch lady! I have booked two trips with her and she is always prompt in her responses. She always has a plethora of information for me too! Debbie rocks!:number1:

Disney_Barbie
05-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Wow, that's weird! We've used Debbie twice and think she's the GREATEST thing since sliced bread! :)

Tink1
05-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Wow, old post made me almost have a heart attack!

If anyone EVER does not get a prompt response, or does not hear back from their agent-you can bet there is an email issue. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can fix the problem!

Nanc

GabbyJacobsmom
05-30-2008, 05:24 PM
I just booked our first on site trip with MJ, actually Denise. She has been so great and patient, because I have 101 questions. Just wanted to say, THANKS DENISE!!! :thumbsup:

I will definetly use them in the future.

Stefani

KineGirl
05-30-2008, 05:29 PM
I was going to use MJ for an upcoming trip in Oct and had alot of questions for Karen! She answered them all promptly. I ended up getting some DVC points so I didnt need their services but if I ever have to pay OOP again I would not hesitate to use MJ. Or recommend them for that matter. Just the fact that they will automatically apply discounts if they should come out after you book your package is awesome!! (Disney wont)
Thanks again Karen! :mickey:

Young@Heart
05-30-2008, 07:48 PM
We're planning to book our next trip after Aug. w/ MJ. Glad to hear all the positive feedback. :thumbsup: